Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

On 10/23/2021 at 10:24 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Oh Rik. Why do you want a NX when you have a far superior car in the RX? A friend of a brother had a NX and git rid as soon as he could. Economy was a joke as was performance. Only passing on what I e been told so NX owners don't shoot me. I personally think the NX is a waste of everything. 

It never fails to amaze me that some people will complain about one of the fundamental aspects of a car - let’s say performance - AFTER they’ve bought it. Next time you speak to your brother’s friend I suggest you introduce him to a concept that might stop him making a ‘mistake’ again. I like to call it a ‘test drive.’

I’m on my second NX and they’re great cars. Super smooth and comfortable. Economy is about 40mpg (as reported by most owners) which is pretty solid for a mid-sized SUV. Hardly a ‘joke’ imho. If it wasn’t for the great deal I’m getting to trade up to an RX I’d be keeping mine for ages. Performance is acceptable, not brilliant - but that isn’t the point of the car. If you buy an NX thinking you’re going to get sports car performance then I think you would be mad - but obviously you’d find that out on the ‘test drive’ wouldn’t you?

Fuel here is mid-£1.40s almost everywhere, but ESSO and Shell most expensive. Thankfully I don’t do many miles any more so the impact on me personally is limited. Prices will likely be another push for many people to get an EV, shortly before the Government removes all the tax incentives!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Correction......I paid 10 euros for 1 litre of Gin !

Not far off what I paid in Jersey for Tanqueray and EMA and Jet2 particularly good but buy on the way out.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Malc said:

I was in Devon at the weekend ( somewhere ) and on Friday the E5 was at 149.9 and I thought that wasn't too bad ...........  mind you, a petrol tanker was just unloading so maybe the following day the price might have shot up a few pennies

Come now guys, we are all running good quality cars and know we have to take the knocks from time to time and we should just be grateful :whistling:  that the Chancellor is able to refill his coffers, for our overall benefit anyway, from the @80% tax take from these fuel sales

so of every £1 I spend on fuel I really really get 80 pence returned to me ............. yes :yes: :thumbsup: 

Malc

Then propose taxation at 100%🤯. As Thomas Sowell eloquently stated "it fascinates me being called greedy if I want to keep the money I have been earned but not greed if I want to take it off someone else" 

I refuse to be panicked.

I'm retired so only put 4 litres into my 80 litre tank.

p.s.

I tried to post the above a few hours ago but suddenly couldn't access this website.

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

It never fails to amaze me that some people will complain about one of the fundamental aspects of a car - let’s say performance - AFTER they’ve bought it. Next time you speak to your brother’s friend I suggest you introduce him to a concept that might stop him making a ‘mistake’ again. I like to call it a ‘test drive.’

I’m on my second NX and they’re great cars. Super smooth and comfortable. Economy is about 40mpg (as reported by most owners) which is pretty solid for a mid-sized SUV. Hardly a ‘joke’ imho. If it wasn’t for the great deal I’m getting to trade up to an RX I’d be keeping mine for ages. Performance is acceptable, not brilliant - but that isn’t the point of the car. If you buy an NX thinking you’re going to get sports car performance then I think you would be mad - but obviously you’d find that out on the ‘test drive’ wouldn’t you?

Fuel here is mid-£1.40s almost everywhere, but ESSO and Shell most expensive. Thankfully I don’t do many miles any more so the impact on me personally is limited. Prices will likely be another push for many people to get an EV, shortly before the Government removes all the tax incentives!

The thing is Ed whilst we focus on the "top-line" cost of fuel the real issue is taxation my particular bete-noir 😱. As an example for the 40% taxpayer to be able to put £40 of fuel in you need to earn apx £100. Of the 40 apx 86% is duty and VAT so you are left with the princely sum of 14p for hard won money. So when politicians call for those with the broadest shoulders to pay more, just how much more I wonder? 

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Correction......I paid 10 euros for 1 litre of Gin !

I was about to ask where you were getting it from! 

• Like 1

Amazing, technical hitch today ( and several days methinks ) at Tesco Sheerness Kent .....

:whistling: keep it quiet please .......:yahoo: .....  E5  99  octane now at  142.9p ltr

they can't seem to re-programme anything ........ 

just topped up at   £92.10    64.45 ltrs

Malc

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Then propose taxation at 100%🤯.

well actually, the taxation is really 400%  =  4 x the cost & profits etc !  .... the miserly 1/5th being for all else

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc said:

well actually, the taxation is really 400%  =  4 x the cost & profits etc !  .... the miserly 1/5th being for all else

Malc

I'll drink what you're drinking Malc 🍻

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

Amazing, technical hitch today ( and several days methinks ) at Tesco Sheerness Kent .....

:whistling: keep it quiet please .......:yahoo: .....  E5  99  octane now at  142.9p ltr

they can't seem to re-programme anything ........ 

just topped up at   £92.10    64.45 ltrs

Malc

hoard hoard hoard... 

• Haha 1

Ed. Re the NX and what my brothers friend thought if it. I've personally not spoken to him. The Info came from my brother. The NX he had was a company car and he was stuck with it. So you've had 2 NX and fi d then great cars. That's good. You're lucky. I'd say the NX he had was a naff one. I'll clarify that with my own personal experience of the is300h. I've had 2 of them. Both 64 plate. Both (as advertised  by the Lexus dealers) premier premium spec. Both cars same colour inside and out. Both cars exactly the same except in one way. My 1st one was ruddy awful. Yes I gave it a good 5 mile test drive. I got rid after 5 weeks. Why was it awful? It drove rubbish, the ML was utter krap, it's economy was a joke. It was the first none manual gearbox car I'd had. Swapped it for a superb mondeo titanium x sport ecoboost. That's an auto btw. Went back to the is300h and this 2nd one was the dogs dangly bits. Ruddy brilliant. ML outstanding, economy never ever less than 50mpg and it drove sublime. 2 same cars yet oh so different from Lexus. 

So don't seem to have a go at someone who didn't like what you like. I bet there's a number of NX's which are awful. And like I've stated before I personally dislike the NX as I do to the CT. Cheers 🍻 

50 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Ed. Re the NX and what my brothers friend thought if it. I've personally not spoken to him. The Info came from my brother. The NX he had was a company car and he was stuck with it. So you've had 2 NX and fi d then great cars. That's good. You're lucky. I'd say the NX he had was a naff one. I'll clarify that with my own personal experience of the is300h. I've had 2 of them. Both 64 plate. Both (as advertised  by the Lexus dealers) premier premium spec. Both cars same colour inside and out. Both cars exactly the same except in one way. My 1st one was ruddy awful. Yes I gave it a good 5 mile test drive. I got rid after 5 weeks. Why was it awful? It drove rubbish, the ML was utter krap, it's economy was a joke. It was the first none manual gearbox car I'd had. Swapped it for a superb mondeo titanium x sport ecoboost. That's an auto btw. Went back to the is300h and this 2nd one was the dogs dangly bits. Ruddy brilliant. ML outstanding, economy never ever less than 50mpg and it drove sublime. 2 same cars yet oh so different from Lexus. 

So don't seem to have a go at someone who didn't like what you like. I bet there's a number of NX's which are awful. And like I've stated before I personally dislike the NX as I do to the CT. Cheers 🍻 

Fair enough. Forums are all about opinions. Customer satisfaction surveys suggest that all Lexus cars are well liked, so I guess you were very unlucky with your first IS.

I was simply reacting to a provocative post with a different opinion based on my personal experience. Case closed. Cheers!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flotsam said:

causing hundreds of drivers to consume more petrol.

and diesel of course !

whatever the merits of super gluing oneself to the tarmac I just hope they do it in the pouring rain and the super glue never manages to be removed and their skin gets permanently damaged and irreperably so  ........ with no assistance from the NHS who might otherwise be able to help BUT Oh Dear ! the skin graft surgeon is being held up in another of the Insulate Britain Protests blocking the roads, stopping the ambulances getting through and saving lives ......  so so proud here of the NHS BUT not so of those who are determined to run-it all down in the name of Insulate Britain ........  it's a daft and dangerous programme they're on ....  to my mind 

Sorry, this has sparked a streak in me that rarely manifests itself :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

and diesel of course !

whatever the merits of super gluing oneself to the tarmac I just hope they do it in the pouring rain and the super glue never manages to be removed and their skin gets permanently damaged and irreperably so  ........ with no assistance from the NHS who might otherwise be able to help BUT Oh Dear ! the skin graft surgeon is being held up in another of the Insulate Britain Protests blocking the roads, stopping the ambulances getting through and saving lives ......  so so proud here of the NHS BUT not so of those who are determined to run-it all down in the name of Insulate Britain ........  it's a daft and dangerous programme they're on ....  to my mind 

Malc

"ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING."

The Government and the Judiciary must wake up soon. Discuss.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

"ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING."

Always good to see another requote of Edmund Burke 👍

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

`twas ascribed to Edmund, but not confirmed I understand Phil.

Not my understanding John but his wording was slightly different from your précis. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Yup, the full force of the Law, give 'em all the new maximum 2 years inside to contemplate a more useful way to ponder upon how to Insulate Britain :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malc said:

and diesel of course !

Malc

Anarchy in the UK.

Regardless of the topic it seems to be all about ME nowadays. Me, me, me. I have the right, My opinion is the best, Me first, the collective does not seem to exist anymore, Me before everything else. 

I remember different times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Anarchy in the UK.

Regardless of the topic it seems to be all about ME nowadays. Me, me, me. I have the right, My opinion is the best, Me first, the collective does not seem to exist anymore, Me before everything else. 

Well put. Agreed. 100%

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Anarchy in the UK.

Intriguing that you use the word I in response 😂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links