Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Samantha. I'm with British Gas fir both gas and electricity and the 400 quid will be paid I to the gas/electricity account. If supply is over used then all the monies goes into the account. If you under use then surplus monies will be transferred into the bank account used to pay the suppliers. Hope that makes sense. 

Oh before anyone slags me off for being with British Gas Don't Waste Your Time. For me they've been the cheapest by far for decades.

Funny you say that as I'm with BG too - I kept looking at changing but whenever I did, I found there was no saving of any significance to be made. I think all the "savings" that the comparison sites touted were when someone was on the most expensive tariff with one supplier moving to the cheapest with another - if you looked at the tariffs of the existing supplier that were available the savings of moving were always negligible or non-existent...

BTW in case there is any doubt - if one is on in a position that the BG Gas £400 will be paid directly to a bank account then it will be paid over 6 months at ~£67 per month and not in one go whilst the same existing monthly direct debit is taken as before.

Oh yes, and if it's paid to one's account (if that is the circumstances) then it's to the electricity account and not gas (if you have these separate). 

We had communication that said it would be in £66 equal monthly amounts (until the last last payment), ours is a gas and electric account and it coming off the normal accumulative amount.

4 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

We had communication that said it would be in £66 equal monthly amounts (until the last last payment), ours is a gas and electric account and it coming off the normal accumulative amount.

Yes - each and every supplier has done something different in how they are applying the £400 refund...

I'd like to understand why there's this ever increasing Daily Charge too ..  wot's all that about then ?

They can increase that willy nilly no doubt

Malc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flotsam said:

Actually, I just received a message from Utilita saying it will be paid into my electricity account. Daft!

Is that in one payment or spread evenly over six months?

I’m with EON, and they’re adding £66 to my account balance with them each month for six months. Seems reasonable.

Agree about switching. I used to use the comparison sites regularly, and did make some savings but not really significant. The work needed to go through the switch each time was a pain too - better with some suppliers than others. I’ve been with PFP, Ovo, Bulb, Scottish Power, NPower and Octopus over the years. The only one that really was hopeless was Scottish Power. The rest were all pretty good customer service wise.

Luckily, when I moved into my current house last August - which was already serviced by EON - they offered me an 18 month fixed price which was as good as anything else out there. That expires in March 2023. To be fair, EON also seem fine. 

• Like 1

I’m with EON think they absorbed NPower who I was with forever ...... they’re always assuring me I’m on the cheapest tariff ( none fixed right now ) so I’m just going with the flow and paying the monthly assessed fees 

im thinking prices will settle sometime soon   Just as soon as Putin pops off the scene or BP whatever brings some useful Uk available stuff on stream ......... wrap up well eh ! 

more draught excluder around the house Make sure your lofts insulated ........ and “close that bloody door “  😄

I might get the open fire logs stocked up too ....... where’s the matches ?   Candles too ....... hahahaha 

Malc 

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/lokalt/2022-09-30-fynbo-sparer-6000-kroner-om-maaneden-ved-at-skifte-sin-elbil-ud-med-benzin - Google can translate

In Denmark you can now buy slightly used EV cars as electricity is too expensive if you are not one the owners of a house with solar cells on top.  Some claim they save around 600£ monthly going back to gasoline cars.

Here on the island there used to be EV cars waiting in line for charging on the streets, but now there are vacant charging stations. Why, I do not know as none of our friends have electric cars. But maybe because electricity is now expensive.

Super Shell and BP (98 oct.) cost 1.62€ / L.

We pay almost 3 times as much for electricity compared to half a year ago, even though we try to use the most consuming dishwasher, tumble dryer etc. when price is lower.

Here government will now have the rich (having more than 3 million €) starting to pay more in taxes than before (nothing). After what I read in UK it is the other way, that the rich shall have reduced their tax. Maybe shall not believe all that is written, but some of it may be true.

I have been to Ireland over the last week for one of those trips nobody wants to make.

En route back I detoured to Llanelli for Shell E5 and brimmed it with 56.53L for £95.48 - its the lowest price I have seen for that ever I think but I am not going back there for it

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2022 at 8:17 PM, Las Palmas said:

Does not sound like the combustion engine is driving the wheels. OR???

...they could have dumped the excess batteries and weight and focus on the combustion engine to get more range.

My Subaru expels 286g/km of melting icebergs, I have got well over 400 miles on my recent cross country trip and I have been driving fast in that time, way over the NSL and thats a 3 litre car thats 14 years old

EVs = scam of the century

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

56.53L for £95.48

£1.68.9 a ltr !  not quite so good now the E10 is down to 150.9 in Southend 

C'mon, I'm just a short pipeline away on Sheppey .................... Tescos here just today dropped E10 to 1.58.9   their E5 is usually 8p per ltr more 

I'll run me own personal pipe feed across the estuary and try not to blow up the SS Montgomery.... BANG !!!

Malc

• Haha 1

Has everyone forgotten a post on here some time ago a utube video testing E10 petrol from numerous suppliers and that each samples percentage of that ethanol yummyness was less than 5%? Me thinks so. 

Anyway there seems to be quite a number of additives that counteract the effects of ethanol in petrol. Personally I'm not sure about most of them but there again do they all work and are they cost effective compared to using the more expensive E5?

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Has everyone forgotten a post on here some time ago a utube video testing E10 petrol from numerous suppliers and that each samples percentage of that ethanol yummyness was less than 5%? Me thinks so. 

Anyway there seems to be quite a number of additives that counteract the effects of ethanol in petrol. Personally I'm not sure about most of them but there again do they all work and are they cost effective compared to using the more expensive E5?

Here I have not seen one with E10 on. Few with E5 and several without E.

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Interesting that Vlad about the additives. Today i had my 2nd service. I was presented with a service plan. I couldn't help noticing on it things you may want to consider extra charge to service plan fee but you could add it on. What surprised me was Fuel additive and it said highly recommended. The cost was £25 i think this could be split over the 3 yr period.   

7 hours ago, ALAW said:

Fuel additive and it said highly recommended.

they tuck a £ fiver under the dash ...............

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, Las Palmas said:

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/lokalt/2022-09-30-fynbo-sparer-6000-kroner-om-maaneden-ved-at-skifte-sin-elbil-ud-med-benzin - Google can translate

In Denmark you can now buy slightly used EV cars as electricity is too expensive if you are not one the owners of a house with solar cells on top.  Some claim they save around 600£ monthly going back to gasoline cars.

Here on the island there used to be EV cars waiting in line for charging on the streets, but now there are vacant charging stations. Why, I do not know as none of our friends have electric cars. But maybe because electricity is now expensive.

How much is electricity per KWh there?

Even at our now higher capped rate it works out at just over 8p per mile with an EV (@4miles per KWh) still a lot cheaper than petrol.

41 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

How much is electricity per KWh there?

Even at our now higher capped rate it works out at just over 8p per mile with an EV (@4miles per KWh) still a lot cheaper than petrol.

I do not know. I just read the news and listen to news on Danish TV.

Here where we live price has tripled since the problems with the stupid dictator that seems to think he can rule the world because the UN security has the possibility for some countries to veto what they do not like. Not one country should have the right to veto. Not one country is not committing grave errors of judgement if it is in their own interest.

• Like 1

This showed up in my youtube recommendations the other day, although it appears that it was originally aired in 2021.

For a variety of reasons, I don't plan to ever buy an EV and this doc highlights a few of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links