Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

I find all those screens windowdressing, juwelry, lipstick and a new dress. First of all my experience at least is you dont use all the functionalities. Example 1 memory or electric seats with lumbar support. 10 electric motors in 1 seat bringing weight cost and complexity. I drive my car alone nobody else so set all first time and never touch it again. 2. Vehicle settings in the menu/submenu/subsubmenu. I do this in the first week and the never touch it again.. Just never. Tech overkill, a bit like a tv with 350 channels or a coffee machine with 15 options, just give me black coffee! Why cant the engineers develop their best chassis set up and hand it to me? Why confuse me with options options and more options?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

I find all those screens windowdressing, juwelry, lipstick and a new dress. First of all my experience at least is you dont use all the functionalities. Example 1 memory or electric seats with lumbar support. 10 electric motors in 1 seat bringing weight cost and complexity. I drive my car alone nobody else so set all first time and never touch it again. 2. Vehicle settings in the menu/submenu/subsubmenu. I do this in the first week and the never touch it again.. Just never. Tech overkill, a bit like a tv with 350 channels or a coffee machine with 15 options, just give me black coffee! Why cant the engineers develop their best chassis set up and hand it to me? Why confuse me with options options and more options?  

Agree with most of this. However, I have a GS300H premier which has many adjustable features. Most of which I’ve set up and never revisited. However, memory seats (for me) are better than sliced bread. My wife and myself have very different skeletal structures. She has gorgeous long slim legs and a lovely taut body I however have stumpy legs and a portly rotund upper half. Due to the ridiculous number of possible permutations of adjustment of the 18 way adjustable seats it took me about six months to get perfectly comfortable. I can live with all the other adjustables but could never lose my memory seats!

7 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Agree with most of this. However, I have a GS300H premier which has many adjustable features. Most of which I’ve set up and never revisited. However, memory seats (for me) are better than sliced bread. My wife and myself have very different skeletal structures. She has gorgeous long slim legs and a lovely taut body I however have stumpy legs and a portly rotund upper half. Due to the ridiculous number of possible permutations of adjustment of the 18 way adjustable seats it took me about six months to get perfectly comfortable. I can live with all the other adjustables but could never lose my memory seats!

Reminds me of that as old comment "whatever did she see in that old multi millionaire"? 🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, Malc said:

hmmm   isn't age  12 ........ 11 plus ? :unsure:

But I do wholeheartedly agree ...........  with everyone about everything today :whistling:

Malc

What variety do you smoke these days Malc? 😅

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mincey said:

HMRC!

My 82 year old mother has just received a letter saying she's due a tax rebate. Can she log on to gov.uk/p800refund to claim it. No problem. I've been through all the rigmarole to create an account for her, but now it wants details of:

- her passport
- credit reference questions
- NI driving licence.

She does not have a valid passport or a NI driving licence. Does the taxman actually think things through? No wonder the Beatles didn't like him.

Guess it's a six week wait for the cheque now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phishing-and-bogus-emails-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples/phishing-emails-and-bogus-contact-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples. Worth a look 🤔

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I'm pretty sure that the letter is genuine - I guess the proof will be a cheque arriving in six weeks. I shall report back!

• Like 2

I'm starting a new job next month so Betsy needs her insurance changing to include business travel. Whoever said that premiums were going to rise following the industry shake up was not wrong. People should be careful what they wish for, right commuters? 

15 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I'm starting a new job next month so Betsy needs her insurance changing to include business travel. Whoever said that premiums were going to rise following the industry shake up was not wrong. People should be careful what they wish for, right commuters? 

To what degree James? 

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

To what degree James? 

Swinton increased my premium from £24 a month to £52 a month for the remaining 8 months when I switched from my IS to Betsy. I did some checking around and saw that (before the industry change) I could insure Betsy for less than the IS, it being an old man's car and all that. My current premium is for 8,000 miles a year which I don't get anywhere near, so I've changed it to 10,000 including 2,000 personal miles - to be honest, any personal miles will be done in Mrs Mincey's car. Anyway, the cheapest premium with business was £40 per month which is still more than the £29-30ish I was expecting. Perhaps I'm moaning about nothing - I'll let you all decide, my learned forum chums!

13 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Swinton increased my premium from £24 a month to £52 a month for the remaining 8 months when I switched from my IS to Betsy.

when one's mid-steam in a year with car insurance I think you're just open to being taken for that proverbial ride by the insurance coy / broker ...... they know they have you over a barrel and will squeeze till all the pips pop ..  they know you won't change insurers mid stream ....

I had similar experience with Saga some years back and asked for the evidence for their increased risk on the same car but new postcode .........  they refused, said they didn't need to .......  I didn't insure with them the following year or two BUT then when I did again it became evident that my postcode is " normal " or even below for risk assessment

Never trust your insurer to deal you a " good deal " mid stream .  they really don't have to .....  and won't 😈

Malc .........................  rant over

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

Swinton increased my premium from £24 a month to £52 a month for the remaining 8 months when I switched from my IS to Betsy. I did some checking around and saw that (before the industry change) I could insure Betsy for less than the IS, it being an old man's car and all that. My current premium is for 8,000 miles a year which I don't get anywhere near, so I've changed it to 10,000 including 2,000 personal miles - to be honest, any personal miles will be done in Mrs Mincey's car. Anyway, the cheapest premium with business was £40 per month which is still more than the £29-30ish I was expecting. Perhaps I'm moaning about nothing - I'll let you all decide, my learned forum chums!

Scandalous uplift in my opinion and I agree with malcs comments. This year I found Tesco's offer best value and through Confused. Com got an additional £20 voucher. Paid annually equivalent to £17 pm. That's with 5k non business miles 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

January 😔

I have to admit that I always find January a bit miserable and depressing. Once the leaves start growing on the trees and there's daylight for longer, it cheers everything up. Unfortunately, the SCS sofa sales don't stop though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mincey said:

always find January a bit miserable and depressing.

wonder if my parents thought so too ...........  me, my bro and both my 1st and 2nd wives were January born ... my 3rd is sunny sunny June :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

wonder if my parents thought so too ...........  me, my bro and both my 1st and 2nd wives were January born ... my 3rd is sunny sunny June :whistling:

Malc

I'm a January baby....

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Do you think all these parents were all celebrating a tax rebate the previous April 🤣

They were certainly making a deposit in April 😀

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Today I wish to moan about the lack of moaners 😕 are you all tucked up against the cold? 

I'll moan because it's cold and misty.

But later I'll fire up the wood burning stove and it will be warm and bright - inside at least.

44 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Today I wish to moan about the lack of moaners 😕 are you all tucked up against the cold? 

Trust me Phil, I have been trying to think of something to moan about for a while!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links