Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

8 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Why ever do you constantly wish to see the road? There are that many maniacs it will only add to your level of neurosis 😂

A good point well made, if I may say so?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a moan as such, but I’d just like to say to the driver in the white van who was hassling me through a local 30mph zone this afternoon, even pulling into the middle of the road to imply I should be going faster…

…when we came around the corner, and the police mobile camera van was there…I’d like to say to you Sir - “You’re welcome.”

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Malc said:

Today I'll be Moaning

coz I've got nothing to moan about :yes:

Malc

And yet there are others so generously supplied that they never stop.

Life is so unfair.  🙁

• Haha 1

Life is so unfair.  🙁

Sorry but who ever said life should be fair? At least, that’s what my father-in-law used to reply when I’d moan’n’groan about life and fairness.

Mustnt grumble.

PeteTP

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Are you moaning about me? 😁

Heaven forfend, James.

I was contrasting your attainment of a well-deserved moan-free state with those less fortunate without whose existence this thread would have ceased to be a source of entertainment many posts ago!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PeteTP said:

Life is so unfair.  🙁

Sorry but who ever said life should be fair? At least, that’s what my father-in-law used to reply when I’d moan’n’groan about life and fairness.

Mustnt grumble.

PeteTP

A wise father in law Pete. Now if we instilled this into more people ironically I think that they would be much happier 😎

• Like 1

That DriveScore app. I currently have a score of 841 which is good apparently. However, I drilled down and found that I have earned the following 365 day subscores:

- Acceleration: 754

- Braking: 788

- Cornering: 660

- Phone Distraction: ahem 977 and....

- Speeding 844.

I'm not entirely sure that I should continue using this app as I may end up incriminating myself. I think that I ought to steer well clear of any insurance quotes offering a black box for a discount...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PCM said:

I'd like to moan about ... the weather! 

Not allowed I'm afraid Piers. Reason? Moaning about the weather if you are a Brit you will know is intrinsically woven into your very psyche therefore not an external event you can legitimately witter on about 😉. However, if not a Brit and you are moaning about the weather it's clearly cultural appropriation 😎

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would politely like to complain about a violent destructive storm of death called "eunice" . 

sounds like wrong casting to me. Beware Eunice is coming! or, what happened everything is destroyed! well, Eunice was here..

Who has a better name?   

50 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I would politely like to complain about a violent destructive storm of death called "eunice" . 

sounds like wrong casting to me. Beware Eunice is coming! or, what happened everything is destroyed! well, Eunice was here..

Who has a better name?   

Well Oddly enough Bernard it's from the Greek meaning Victorious. And in that it fits perfectly. For days we have heard, yet again, forecasts of being visited by the four men of the apocalypse. Yet, yet again, yes it's strong winds, and yes it will cause damage, its nature you can't control it. But it's not the end of the world as we know it, regrettably there are individuals out there trying to persuade gullible individuals otherwise. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Well Oddly enough Bernard it's from the Greek meaning Victorious. And in that it fits perfectly. For days we have heard, yet again, forecasts of being visited by the four men of the apocalypse. Yet, yet again, yes it's strong winds, and yes it will cause damage, its nature you can't control it. But it's not the end of the world as we know it, regrettably there are individuals out there trying to persuade gullible individuals otherwise. 

However, people putting their recycling out this morning and expecting any result other than it being blown everywhere…I mean, what WERE they thinking?

Eunice was bad - speaking from being on the edge of the ‘red warning’ zone. Probably the worst storm I can remember. Anything that stops people from travelling unnecessarily and putting themselves at risk is worth it imho. 

Mind you, Big Jet TV live from Heathrow was fun today…respect to the various pilots who tried and failed to get their aeroplanes down today. That’s proper skill and bottle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

However, people putting their recycling out this morning and expecting any result other than it being blown everywhere…I mean, what WERE they thinking?

Eunice was bad - speaking from being on the edge of the ‘red warning’ zone. Probably the worst storm I can remember. Anything that stops people from travelling unnecessarily and putting themselves at risk is worth it imho. 

Mind you, Big Jet TV live from Heathrow was fun today…respect to the various pilots who tried and failed to get their aeroplanes down today. That’s proper skill and bottle!

I drove back from Newmarket to Derbyshire in the storm of 1987, let's call it an experience 🤣

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

But it's not the end of the world as we know it, regrettably there are individuals out there trying to persuade gullible individuals otherwise. 

Oh yes it is! Truly dreadful, my garden lounge set just left the garden and the garbage can has disappeared! Wife is looking for the dog and i just moved my car just in case the old tree does not make it. Nothing more we can do now only to close the curtains, take a G&T and hope for the best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Oh yes it is! Truly dreadful, my garden lounge set just left the garden and the garbage can has disappeared! Wife is looking for the dog and i just moved my car just in case the old tree does not make it. Nothing more we can do now only to close the curtains, take a G&T and hope for the best.

So Bernard, the only truly dreadful thing is where is your dog!! The rest is just living with life 😎

22 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

I'd like to moan about TV reporters on promenades.

You can't move for the buggers this morning!

https://newsthump.com/2022/02/18/stay-away-from-cliff-edges-during-the-storm-warns-tv-reporter-standing-just-feet-from-a-cliff-edge/

• Like 1

Can I moan about my wife? She has covid, which means I'm having to do daily tests. As anyone who has taken a lateral flow test will know, they're not a great deal of fun. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links