Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Genesis Electrified GV70

F.A.

I’m not sure if there will be much interest in this but after a 12 year run with Lexus, we are moving over to a Genesis for our next family car, to replace our faithful RX450h.  The GSF is obviously staying 😊. 

Ideally we would have wanted to stay with the Lexus brand due its customer service and reliability (despite the carbon disappointment on the F), however, we have found ourself in need of a BEV as soon as possible.  Unfortunately as good as the RZ450e looks, it doesn’t look like we would be able to get one until Q3/4  if 2023, which is far to late for us.  Availability for the Electrified GV70 is from 2 weeks, if you are not fussy on the spec and can choose from the cars on their website. We have opted for all of the options bar the V2L and panoramic roof, so the expected delivery date for our car is the first week of April ‘23. Time will tell how accurate this is!  

We  considered all the usual brands who offer a BEV SUV. I’m not one to follow the masses and love the relative rarity that Lexus brings, so we have decided on another niche Luxury brand who are aiming for Lexus customer service standards. 

So far so good. We have been assigned a ‘PA’ who has been fantastic. Questions are answered rapidly over the phone or via text at most hours of the day. Our order was placed 3 weeks ago (with a fully refundable deposit if we didn’t like the car after the test drive). 

We had our test drive yesterday and what a fantastic machine.  I was initially worried about the build quality and perceived quality falling short of what we are used to with Lexus but both were fantastic.  The interior was a lovely place to be in. The ride was good and very refined. Not a rattle or squeak on any road surface that we tried and it was rapid. GSF quick but without the noise, which I missed and took some of the fun away, but that’s EVs for you. However great as a family car as you can gain speed quickly more subtly 😂

So time will tell if Genesis lives up to our Lexus experience. I won’t be leaving the Lexus fold as the GSF is staying and I imagine we will be back fully in the future. 

176C6854-FA3A-41F0-A0FA-88597D875CC9.jpeg

C8B8DEED-2DD9-4F5B-B65B-1F3CFEAEB1E5.jpeg

5CBDEFDF-5E9E-422F-91C5-40ED02107571.jpeg

031DEC2C-7E69-4671-A938-7A45D033FEFD.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks good and has been applauded by some but with the non all electric version heavily criticized by others as here under reviews.  https://www.surecritic.com/vehicles/reviews/genesis/gv70/2022?business_slug=ruddell-hyundai&page=1&sort=lowest-rated

So a bit of a leap into the dark but sincerely hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

Yes I’ve seen this video. To be honest it doesn’t really bother me. 
I personally found the controls relatively intuitive and had no real issues with them in our 1.5 hour test drive. I guess to the less tech savvy person it might all be too much and the menus may be a bit daunting. 
I can see what people were saying about the rear windows but it was no worse than our RX. To be fair it had more cameras than our RX so it was easier to park and the blind spot video that is shown on the dash when you indicate was fantastic. So for me the view out the rear wasn’t an issue. 
The reliability would be a worry but that is for the ICE models. The EV running gear is similar to that used in the Ioniq 5 and EV6 both of which have been pretty reliable. Time will tell though ! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, F.A. said:

I’m not sure if there will be much interest in this but after a 12 year run with Lexus, we are moving over to a Genesis for our next family car, to replace our faithful RX450h.  The GSF is obviously staying 😊. 

Ideally we would have wanted to stay with the Lexus brand due its customer service and reliability (despite the carbon disappointment on the F), however, we have found ourself in need of a BEV as soon as possible.  Unfortunately as good as the RZ450e looks, it doesn’t look like we would be able to get one until Q3/4  if 2023, which is far to late for us.  Availability for the Electrified GV70 is from 2 weeks, if you are not fussy on the spec and can choose from the cars on their website. We have opted for all of the options bar the V2L and panoramic roof, so the expected delivery date for our car is the first week of April ‘23. Time will tell how accurate this is!  

We  considered all the usual brands who offer a BEV SUV. I’m not one to follow the masses and love the relative rarity that Lexus brings, so we have decided on another niche Luxury brand who are aiming for Lexus customer service standards. 

So far so good. We have been assigned a ‘PA’ who has been fantastic. Questions are answered rapidly over the phone or via text at most hours of the day. Our order was placed 3 weeks ago (with a fully refundable deposit if we didn’t like the car after the test drive). 

We had our test drive yesterday and what a fantastic machine.  I was initially worried about the build quality and perceived quality falling short of what we are used to with Lexus but both were fantastic.  The interior was a lovely place to be in. The ride was good and very refined. Not a rattle or squeak on any road surface that we tried and it was rapid. GSF quick but without the noise, which I missed and took some of the fun away, but that’s EVs for you. However great as a family car as you can gain speed quickly more subtly 😂

So time will tell if Genesis lives up to our Lexus experience. I won’t be leaving the Lexus fold as the GSF is staying and I imagine we will be back fully in the future. 

176C6854-FA3A-41F0-A0FA-88597D875CC9.jpeg

C8B8DEED-2DD9-4F5B-B65B-1F3CFEAEB1E5.jpeg

5CBDEFDF-5E9E-422F-91C5-40ED02107571.jpeg

031DEC2C-7E69-4671-A938-7A45D033FEFD.jpeg

Tell me which model you chose please.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, royoftherovers said:

Tell me which model you chose please.

There is only one ‘Electrified’ model trim which is the Sport and about half a dozen option packs. It’s a simple model line up. 

• Thanks 1

Saw them at FOS and EV show, really did look the business. I am with you on the trying other brands/ not buying the norm!

We are holding out with our current NX300h until the new RX comes to dealers and then we will decide what to do and whether to stay hybrid or add a BEV. I do like the RZ look but fear it'll be too small.

Hope all goes well and maybe it'll add an extra bit of smile when you swap over and fire up the F as a treat 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Saw them at FOS and EV show, really did look the business. I am with you on the trying other brands/ not buying the norm!

We are holding out with our current NX300h until the new RX comes to dealers and then we will decide what to do and whether to stay hybrid or add a BEV. I do like the RZ look but fear it'll be too small.

Hope all goes well and maybe it'll add an extra bit of smile when you swap over and fire up the F as a treat 😉

Thanks Kieran, I think you are right.  Firing up the F after driving the EV for the weekend will definitely bring a bigger smile on a Monday. I might even be tempted to fit an exhaust like yours, to compensate for the lack of noise our other car makes 😂

I really like the new RX, especially the RX500h. Unfortunately Hybrids don’t offer  the same tax advantages as EVs when LTD companies are involved, so they were off the cards for us. We would have probably ended up with an NX450h as they are  ‘available’ now, if that was the case. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Thanks Kieran, I think you are right.  Firing up the F after driving the EV for the weekend will definitely bring a bigger smile on a Monday. I might even be tempted to fit an exhaust like yours, to compensate for the lack of noise our other car makes 😂

I really like the new RX, especially the RX500h. Unfortunately Hybrids don’t offer  the same tax advantages as EVs when LTD companies are involved, so they were off the cards for us. We would have probably ended up with an NX450h as they are  ‘available’ now, if that was the case. 

Although it isn't quite the same, I had a 695 Biposto as a run around for a bit and drove it to work Mon-Fri and getting in the F on the weekend was just other worldly!

It would be the ultimate yin and yang if you add an exhaust haha 😛

I love the idea of the 500h but the Mrs wants something 'economical', so I might gloss over the fact it will be a 'performance' hybrid and just leave it at hybrid. I've been reading some of the forum comments on actual MPG, which seem promising for the 350h and 450h+ in NX form.

I know a total petrol head who bought a Tesla due to tax reasons for his business, it was a no brainer, so I can understand, but as you will, he still has a combustion engine for pleasure!

31 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Although it isn't quite the same, I had a 695 Biposto as a run around for a bit and drove it to work Mon-Fri and getting in the F on the weekend was just other worldly!

It would be the ultimate yin and yang if you add an exhaust haha 😛

I love the idea of the 500h but the Mrs wants something 'economical', so I might gloss over the fact it will be a 'performance' hybrid and just leave it at hybrid. I've been reading some of the forum comments on actual MPG, which seem promising for the 350h and 450h+ in NX form.

I know a total petrol head who bought a Tesla due to tax reasons for his business, it was a no brainer, so I can understand, but as you will, he still has a combustion engine for pleasure!

Ah yes, I remember your 695. Lovely car and something very different. 

Yes, the 450h looks to be a good all round machine, with very reasonable real world all electric range. I hoped that the RX would be fitted with a slightly bigger Battery to compensate for the extra weight but I’m guess it will be the same as the NX. Either way, I’m sure it will be more than adequate. 

It will be sad day when the combustion engine is no longer viable.  I imagine that we will be keeping the F until that day comes.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw my first one of these the other day on my way back from Devon.

Unfortunately it was on the back of an AA truck.didn't seem to be damaged so must have packed up.At least they have recovery as part of the warranty.

Hope you have better luck.

• Like 1

Oh no! I guess we will never know for sure why it was on that AA truck. It could have packed up, but also maybe it ran out of Battery or had a puncture. A lot of cars including the Electrified GV70 do not come with a spare tyre. This was the reason why our GSF ended up on the back of an AA truck 🤦🏽‍♂️

8C73246A-C2BB-4C70-B383-627C772725CF.thumb.jpeg.4cb4ff8c402bf9038d4470698874dd91.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Had a call from the Genesis PA yesterday. Car will be arriving in the country in 10 days time and we are aiming for a delivery date of 10th March. 
The car will be going straight to Topaz detailing for a full level 2 new car detail, front end PPF and ceramic coating. 

Ordered 25/10/2022 so not a bad lead time considering the current climate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have just seen this one in autotrader

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302144244633?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=wa102ar&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&drivetrain=Four Wheel Drive&make=Genesis Motor&page=1&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

I am a bit concerned because of this photo

spacer.png

Battery at 75% and range is reported at 135 miles?

2.4miles/Kwh?

we are talking about 170 miles range here.

Perhaps that's the reason it is for sale.

I was hoping for a really world range of around 200 miles. So admittedly not the best but we will have a 7.4 kWh charger at home and a faster 3 phase 11 kWh charging charger at one of our business premises, where my wife works 2.5 days a week. So range is not a massive issue for us.  We rarely venture more than 200 miles in one go, so destination charging is what i’m planning on and absolute worst case, we always have the GSF. 

I can see that a range like this wouldn’t be ideal for everyone, if you frequently travelled longer distances or didn’t have the ability to change at work or at home. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links