Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

On 4/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, robby666 said:

My NX350h has just moved to 'build in progress' on the App. Ordered July 2022.

Lexus Link just sent a notification that my NX450h+ that I ordered on May 17th 2022 has moved to ‘build in progress’. Exciting times!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gerge said:

Lexus Link just sent a notification that my NX450h+ that I ordered on May 17th 2022 has moved to ‘build in progress’. Exciting times!

Just had email back from Lexus customer service, looking at a May23 build with delivery to Lexus Centre July 23.

will be keeping fingers crossed 

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2023 at 2:10 PM, HMT said:

Just had email from my dealer saying they have started the build my 450h.

it was ordered 29th June.

no details, just a link to my Lexus 

based on the previous comments on this forum I should be looking towards the end of May for delivery

On My Lexus status has changed to “LEFT THE FACTORY” this afternoon (05/04).

nothing from dealership so no details on MY year or eta

As my NX450 has left the factory I thought I would download the Owners manual for some light bedtime reading and found they have a new version valid from 03/2023 so it looks like the earlier post of 24 MY from March is correct.

no info from my dealer on mine - they will contact me when the car is in the UK!

Let’s hope things are starting to move, if we’re now seeing later orders than mine (May ‘22) getting build dates. I was under the impression you could start ordering NX350h’s again - but I’ll happily stand corrected on that. 

I have to admit one thing which is beginning to irritate me is that there seems to be a shorter wait for the more expensive NX450h and the factory is 'picking and choosing' what to build from the list, rather than building them on a fairer 'first come, first served' basis - which is the impression I was given at the time of ordering. Rightly or wrongly, it's giving me the impression that there's some orders that they don’t care about and/or want to keep at the back of the queue regardless of how long the deposit-paid customer has been waiting for.

• Like 1

I do not know car companies that are building cars in a pure first come / first serve model.
They usually try to predict the mix of  RHD / LHD cars + trims and options they will have to produce and organize production (and procurement) to meet these forecasts. 
Ordering a statistically "rare" combination will set you in a specific waiting list or even a "special order" which must be squeezed into the production schedule

Europe is seen by Lexus as a priority market for 450H+ .

You can correlate that with the taxation policies followed by different countries. In France, for example, half of new cars are bought by companies which will get tax exemption if they purchase PHEV cars, free registration and weight tax exemption. 

The taxation policies are also making impossible for Lexus to sell a 350H AWD as the price gap becomes marginal vs. the 450H+ and as the 450H+ TCO will be better -> this is the situation we have on this side of the Channel and it made Lexus France cut the 350H  out of its line up except the FWD in an entry level trim). ThiOn the other hand the 350h is a more "global" vehicle sold in every Lexus markets. I do believe that many other Continental Europe countries are in the same predicament.

This shifts the sell mix more heavily to 450H+ and then influence the production allocation in return 

350H is also  a global vehicle which is sold in every markets around the globe and is in high demand pretty much everywhere.
Ontario factory only provides 350H for North America and Japanese factories have to build for the rest of the world.
For many months, these factories experienced production suspensions (sometimes equivalent to 40 % of the production time) . Situation returned to "normal" on production side only by the very end of 2022 / early 2023.

So yes a combination of factors, including revenue optimization, are working to have tremendous waiting time for the 350h for us in Europe and RHD markets may be in a more dire situation than LHD ones (as they compete with LEXUS home market for allocation) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

I do not know car companies that are building cars in a pure first come / first serve model.
They usually try to predict the mix of  RHD / LHD cars + trims and options they will have to produce and organize production (and procurement) to meet these forecasts. 
Ordering a statistically "rare" combination will set you in a specific waiting list or even a "special order" which must be squeezed into the production schedule

Europe is seen by Lexus as a priority market for 450H+ .

You can correlate that with the taxation policies followed by different countries. In France, for example, half of new cars are bought by companies which will get tax exemption if they purchase PHEV cars, free registration and weight tax exemption. 

The taxation policies are also making impossible for Lexus to sell a 350H AWD as the price gap becomes marginal vs. the 450H+ and as the 450H+ TCO will be better -> this is the situation we have on this side of the Channel and it made Lexus France cut the 350H  out of its line up except the FWD in an entry level trim). ThiOn the other hand the 350h is a more "global" vehicle sold in every Lexus markets. I do believe that many other continental Europe countries are in the same predicament.

This shifts the sell mix more heavily to 450H+ and then influence the production allocation in return 

350H is also  a global vehicle which is sold in every markets around the globe and is in high demand pretty much everywhere.
Ontario factory only provides 350H for North America and Japanese factories have to build for the rest of the world.
For many months, these factories experienced production suspensions (sometimes equivalent to 40 % of the production time) . Situation returned to "normal" on production side only by the very end of 2022 / early 2023.

So yes a combination of factors, including revenue optimization, are working to have tremendous waiting time for the 350h for us in Europe and RHD markets may be in a more dire situation than LHD ones (as they compete with LEXUS home market for allocation) 

Thanks so much for this comprehensive explanation, Nicolas, it explains a lot. 👍

My NX 350H Premium Plus Pack was ordered on the 27th June last year and my latest e-mail on the 16th March advised that is now complete and ready to begi its journey to my UK Lexus Dealer.  When I go to 'My Lexus' the sttus shown simply says 'Left the Factory' but does not say if it has actually started its journey so I am really no wiser as to when I can expect the car to arrive.  At the point of ordering, I was advised my the dealer that the expected delivery date to the UK would be 30th June however if it has left the factory and has started its journey it must be taking a very slow route.

1 hour ago, Bob Lucas said:

My NX 350H Premium Plus Pack was ordered on the 27th June last year and my latest e-mail on the 16th March advised that is now complete and ready to begi its journey to my UK Lexus Dealer.  When I go to 'My Lexus' the sttus shown simply says 'Left the Factory' but does not say if it has actually started its journey so I am really no wiser as to when I can expect the car to arrive.  At the point of ordering, I was advised my the dealer that the expected delivery date to the UK would be 30th June however if it has left the factory and has started its journey it must be taking a very slow route.

I am in a similar position as mine left the factory a couple of weeks later.

Lexus do not provide any info from left the factory to arrived in UK.

some have contacted Lexus and been given the name of the ship it’s on and tracked it around the world.

I am working on a variable times scale of 4 to 5 weeks on the ship( ie from its left the factory) , 2 to 3 weeks at Derby, and about a week at the dealership.

Got a reply from my dealership this afternoon and they are still not certain of a date and only a range of dates

2 hours ago, Bob Lucas said:

My car with the same spec also completed build on 16 March. My dealer told me about 3 weeks ago it should be ready for handover on 27 April (notwithstanding some days delay before shipped). He confirmed this on 4 April was still the case. My estimated delivery when I ordered last July was this July so ahead of expectations.

Theres part shortages on NX mud flaps until June so they started sending them without. Im told Its all because of the last Chinese covid lockdown. Its been busy the last 4 weeks but now its gone quiet again which goes against the managements plan for this month, its mean to be busy until the end of next month. Mostly been seeing new RX with some UX  here & there.

I had a response back from Customer services today after trying endlessly to get in touch with the salesman at my local dealership. My NX350h F Sport (ordered February 2022) is finally in production and they are looking at a delivery date to me in July sometime. Im just glad its finally moving i was sick to death of the constant stupid emails say great news your car has now been delayed again!.

roll on July.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:24 PM, Bob Lucas said:

How do you get your new car showing on the app or website under My Lexus, it says you need a VIN number to add it I have an order number etc but that's it? I had my old NX that was part exchanged still in mime and have removed that.

9 minutes ago, Hodders67 said:

How do you get your new car showing on the app or website under My Lexus, it says you need a VIN number to add it I have an order number etc but that's it? I had my old NX that was part exchanged still in mime and have removed that.

I asked my dealer for the VIN number. They were able to give me this after the car had gone into build (or thereabouts).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hodders67 said:

It should show automatically when the order is loaded to the Lexus database, based on a match to your email name.

mine did not so I contacted Lexus Custome services they had to pass it onto their technical team to sort out - took them a couple of weeks, but then shown on My Lexus and on the app.

• Like 1

Hello all, 

New poster here! Got an NX350h on order with an ETA of 5th June. 

In your experience, how long does shipping take to the UK? Just trying to estimate when it will likely be shipped. 

I’ve been supplied with a VIN number but I believe tracking via MyLexus isn’t available to non-retail customers.

Cheers! 

We ordered our NX350H on  September 30th 2022. We have a build date of July 23 with estimated delivery in September 2023.

I wonder if these dates will move forward now that issues are easing?

Did anyone else order in September 22? If so, have you been given a earlier delivery date or still estimated 12 month wait?

Dealer isn't very helpful!

2 hours ago, FJN said:

Hello all, 

New poster here! Got an NX350h on order with an ETA of 5th June. 

In your experience, how long does shipping take to the UK? Just trying to estimate when it will likely be shipped. 

I’ve been supplied with a VIN number but I believe tracking via MyLexus isn’t available to non-retail customers.

Cheers! 

Mine took 5 weeks from the ship leaving Japan to arrive at Portbury. Allow another 2-3 weeks to get to the dealer. Lexus may have more detailed tracking than the App but if you ask the dealer for the name of the ship is on, then you can track it's progress using one of the marine tracking apps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Deb said:

We ordered our NX350H on  September 30th 2022. We have a build date of July 23 with estimated delivery in September 2023.

I wonder if these dates will move forward now that issues are easing?

Did anyone else order in September 22? If so, have you been given a earlier delivery date or still estimated 12 month wait?

Dealer isn't very helpful!

Ordered on 28th September 2022. NX350H F sport. No news on build date or delivery! Although I will be tempted to take delivery (registration) on 1st September even if it arrives a few weeks early to new number plate. Where did you get confirmation for build date?

We got build date and eta for delivery from our dealer. I ask them for an update periodically and they just say its still showing as July build and September delivery. Assuming they can look it up on their system? We would leave ours at dealers until September 1st also.

Got vehicle today at long last.

NX350h, Premium pack with Electric seats, 14" screen, Black.

Ordered 21st Feb 22

Built 9th Feb 23

Arrived UK 15th Mar 23

At Dealer 31st Mar 23

Delivered to me 13th Apr 23.

Dealer pretty hopeless. Seems like they have lost most of their staff and have shipped in people from Toyota to help. Last couple of people were fine, but overall experience was feeling unloved. I'll see how they do now I am a new owner.

There's still no news on my NX350h Takumi - which I ordered close to eleven months ago. No delivery date, no build date, no progress... The dealer doesn’t keep me updated without me chasing first (barring that one occasion - which was another delay), my e-mail to Customer Relations almost three weeks ago has not been responded to and Lexus don’t respond to me on social media - although I’ve noticed they have happily replied to a few others in a similar situation to myself. I've just e-mailed Customer Relations again this evening. 

To say I feel forgotten, ignored, at the 'back of the queue' e.t.c would be a polite understatement now. I won’t lie. I genuinely feel even worse for those who are still waiting for their cars who ordered them in February-April last year and inexplicably find themselves in a similar position where they have had literally no sign of any progress since the day they signed on the dotted line and handed over their deposit.

Whilst I understand how the factory operates, surely there must come a point they find some orders which are now so old that they’re going to have to start investigating why they’re not being fulfilled? What’s the alternative for waiting customers? They’re never going to receive their car and lost a year, eighteen months (longer?!) of time whilst they could have bought something else? What the company doesn’t appear to understand is how frustrating this is as the customer. It really isn't giving the company a very good impression at all if they’re seeing their orders always being pushed back in favour of orders taken, in some cases, months later than their own...

Looking at the Lexus website out of curiosity, they’re now advising potential new customers “Due to exceptionally high demand for the NX Hybrid, the lead time for this product is estimated to be Q2 2024 at the earliest.” I feel like adding a footnote to that advising these potential customers that Lexus are seemingly picking and choosing what NX’s they want to build, regardless of how long ago your order was and paying the same deposit as everyone else. There's still orders from the first half of last year they’ve not built yet or given any hope that they will get built.

On a slightly lighter note, I have a ‘Lexus Link’ app on my phone which just tells me about the UX I have now. A silly question perhaps, but Is this the same as ‘My Lexus’ I’m seeing on this thread or is it an entirely different entity? I must have clicked practically everything on the ‘Lexus Link’ app and I just can’t see how to add or view the order I have for the NX. Obviously I don’t have a VIN number or anything, but I’m sure I’ve seen previous comments from fellow members who have been keeping an eye on pending build dates for months unless I’m very much mistaken. It’s only since joining this forum a few months ago I found out about being able to track orders via an app. The dealer certainly didn't tell me! All they have is my email address but, obviously as explained, have never stayed in touch unless I chase first.

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

There's still no news on my NX350h Takumi - which I ordered close to eleven months ago. No delivery date, no build date, no progress... The dealer doesn’t keep me updated without me chasing first (barring that one occasion - which was another delay), my e-mail to Customer Relations almost three weeks ago has not been responded to and Lexus don’t respond to me on social media - although I’ve noticed they have happily replied to a few others in a similar situation to myself. I've just e-mailed Customer Relations again this evening. 

To say I feel forgotten, ignored, at the 'back of the queue' e.t.c would be a polite understatement now. I won’t lie. I genuinely feel even worse for those who are still waiting for their cars who ordered them in February-April last year and inexplicably find themselves in a similar position where they have had literally no sign of any progress since the day they signed on the dotted line and handed over their deposit.

Whilst I understand how the factory operates, surely there must come a point they find some orders which are now so old that they’re going to have to start investigating why they’re not being fulfilled? What’s the alternative for waiting customers? They’re never going to receive their car and lost a year, eighteen months (longer?!) of time whilst they could have bought something else? What the company doesn’t appear to understand is how frustrating this is as the customer. It really isn't giving the company a very good impression at all if they’re seeing their orders always being pushed back in favour of orders taken, in some cases, months later than their own...

Looking at the Lexus website out of curiosity, they’re now advising potential new customers “Due to exceptionally high demand for the NX Hybrid, the lead time for this product is estimated to be Q2 2024 at the earliest.” I feel like adding a footnote to that advising these potential customers that Lexus are seemingly picking and choosing what NX’s they want to build, regardless of how long ago your order was and paying the same deposit as everyone else. There's still orders from the first half of last year they’ve not built yet or given any hope that they will get built.

On a slightly lighter note, I have a ‘Lexus Link’ app on my phone which just tells me about the UX I have now. A silly question perhaps, but Is this the same as ‘My Lexus’ I’m seeing on this thread or is it an entirely different entity? I must have clicked practically everything on the ‘Lexus Link’ app and I just can’t see how to add or view the order I have for the NX. Obviously I don’t have a VIN number or anything, but I’m sure I’ve seen previous comments from fellow members who have been keeping an eye on pending build dates for months unless I’m very much mistaken. It’s only since joining this forum a few months ago I found out about being able to track orders via an app. The dealer certainly didn't tell me! All they have is my email address but, obviously as explained, have never stayed in touch unless I chase first.

I think Lexus have not done themselves any favors over the way they have handled the ordering and communications on the NX. Yes it has been more popular than they planned for and yes there have been supply issues but they have not handled it at all well.

on your lighter note query, no the app and My Lexus are different, but both show the cars ( both physical and ordered ) the same way, My Lexus is just using a computer (iPad) to login, both use your email as login ID.
  Go into Garage and your order should show under the Purchased heading.  It links from the app / my lexus to the lexus database with your email address, and should appear automatically.

mine did not so I contacted Lexus CS, they rang me back within a couple days, went through all the details, they then passed onto their tech team and it appeared a couple of weeks later

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links