Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

😲 No way!  It seems no Lexus is safe these days!

So sorry to hear this Shafiq ☹️

Unlikely as it sounds, I hope they catch the scum that did this 🤬

• Like 1

Thats very sad for you. Not exactly an easy car to sell on due to the rarity unless being shipped abroad. Hopefully you will get it back  OK. I have been holding off having a canbus immobiliser fitted on my RX but with the amount of Lexus cars now being stolen I think I will now get it done sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

By the looks of it it wasn't a Can-bus theft very much a relay theft ....were the keys in a Faraday pouch ?.....worrying to hear a GS F has been taken, truly hope Car is recovered damage free 🤞

7 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Unfortunately one key was not!!, but had it been would they have broken into house 

That’s always the worry as to how far they would go to get the car. Hopefully the insurance will pay up quickly so you can find another one.

Sorry to read about this.

First 'performace' Lexus I've heard of being targeted. Looks like people are starting to work out the rarity of them and their cost in certain parts of the world!

I hope you get it back or at least the money it's worth in insurance.

I'd like to think they wouldn't have broken into your house for it, but you can never say for sure.

• Like 3

As others have said so sorry you've had to go through this.

Obviously a targeted theft. But why? struggling to see the logic in it as there's so few of them about, it would be easy to trace parts etc.

Not a nice experience, and hope you reach a satisfactory outcome to the situation.

Must admit - I'm off to buy a Faraday cage to keep our keys in now.

• Like 1

Sorry to read about this....But, and this is not aimed at you personally , but everyone who owns a car

It really annoys me when thieves are getting away with other peoples cars, people are quite happy to spend £5 a week on star bucks coffee but not on protecting the second more expensive thing they own.

NO keys in a protective pouch, No added immobiliser, No type of added steering lock.

we read every day of car's with remote key access being stolen by thieves picking up the signal from your key's

as for breaking into a house, i find this very unlikely, and again if you really think this is a possibility you may as well leave the key in the ignition

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Vehicle. When i took delivery of my car i got the Dealer to turn off the keyless entry and the Start off. For the sake of having to press a button to unlock a door, you put yourself at risk of having  your vehicle stolen. 

• Like 1

Oh dear so sorry to hear this.

Very unusual for a performance Lexus to be targeted, difficult to do anything with on the black market too (one assumes).

I hope the situation with insurance etc goes as smoothly as possible.

On the positive side it’s insured and no one was hurt… however…

Test your Faraday pouch regularly - mine didn’t work. I’ve now got a tin from amazon that DOES work. If keyless can be turned off that helps… or they move to canbus theft instead.

Think about basic immobilisers or switches and relays that cut starter motors or fuel pumps - a hidden switch that stops the car starting cannot be beaten.

B@stards.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BillNick said:

What is a "Canbus theft" exactly please?

Simply put, they get easy access to the wiring to the left headlight where there's also some CAN bus wiring. The CAN bus is a network that allows all the ECUs to communicate with each other, so they can inject a signal that makes the car think that the owner wants to unlock the doors, switch on the engine and so on. Then off they go with your pride and joy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BillNick said:

I just tested both of my faraday boxes and neither of them are working anymore 😞

Use kitchen foil for now until you get replacements, that works.

Great minds think alike, all 4 keys for 2 cars now in foil 🙂

Thanks for the CANbus explanation. I was aware what CANbus was just unsure how it was used for a theft. Is the headlight thing only for Lexus or most cars?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links