Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cost of A and B Services?

I've been told that the typical cost of the UX250H A (intermediate) service is £300 and the B (full) service is £510. Does anyone know if these figures are about right?

Many thanks, Roger

Hi @Spock66 and @scythe Thanks very much for your quick replies, very helpful.

I've been offered a three year service plan covering two A services, one B service and one MoT for 36 x £31 monthly payments = £1,116 which seems a good deal given that costs are likely to escalate over the next three years. The services can be done at any "Authorised Lexus Centre in the UK" and I was told if I sell the car before three years I could stop the monthly payments and get a refund less £25 admin costs for any unused part of the plan.

Are there any disadvantages or pitfalls that I should be aware of?

Many thanks,  Roger 

5 minutes ago, Roger Bill said:

Not really, you may be able to negotiate a discount too, 10% should be achievable.

On our 2nd service contract now the first was 2As and a B and this one 2B's and a A.

Saves money and the price is fixed for the 3 years so avoids any increases in that period.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Not really, other than you start paying upfront before you need a service and you would lose out in the extremely unlikely event that service pricing falls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Lexus said:

I used a Local Independent Garage, your Warranty is STILL INTACT, Google Block Exemption !

I save 50 % on a Main Dealer service costs.

Does that include the "Relax" 10 year warranty?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

Does that include the "Relax" 10 year warranty?

No it doesn't. Block exemption prevents a manufacturer from forcing customers to use their authorised service centres to maintain the vehicle's warranty - but it only applies for the original manufacturers warranty.

Once the original manufacturers warranty expires (3 years) then you can only get the Lexus extended Relax warranty by servicing at an authorised Lexus service centre - there are no laws that prevent restrictions on extended/after market warranties as the owner has freedom of choice over which warranty policy to take out.

Once pasted 3 years, if you are happy to no have warranty cover then you can make a good saving by having your vehicle serviced by an independent. If you want a warranty then you will be hard pushed to be able to get a policy with any soft of reasonable cover and servicing at the same price as just using a Lexus dealer.

• Like 1

I think if I had the UX E, which is a relative newcomer to the range of Lexus vehicles, I would prefer to have it done by Lexus until the local independent is more familiar with any gremlins that may surface.

Of course the Relax warranty can still be taken up after the initial factory warranty, just by letting Lexus start servicing the car on year 4.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poundy said:

I think if I had the UX E, which is a relative newcomer to the range of Lexus vehicles, I would prefer to have it done by Lexus until the local independent is more familiar with any gremlins that may surface.

Of course the Relax warranty can still be taken up after the initial factory warranty, just by letting Lexus start servicing the car on year 4.

I agree but this thread is discussing the UXh  not the UXe. 

29 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I agree but this thread is discussing the UXh  not the UXe. 

Yorkshire Lexus 50% comment is showing him as owning UX e Electric

• Like 1

My UX is 3 yrs old next month just booked in for intermediate service and Mot. I was offered the service plan (DEALER ONLY) The cost for 2 main service and 1 intermediate, 3 Mot,s and 1 set of front wipers was £1543.55p. I will be paying in full for the next service in Sept and the Mot. Should i take the plan up my 1st payment would be the 1st of sept. 12 payments of £48.83p then 23 payments of £39.90 then 1 payment of £39.89p on August 2026. Any comments welcome.

That sounds a lot

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

£285 for Intermediate and £505 for full and say £50 for MOT

2 full £1010

1 Int £285

3 MOT £150

= £1445

I was quoted (and accepted) £844 for two major and one Int and one MOT on a UX300e which has cheaper servicing but this fits the figures from Lexus web site link above.

The benefit to the customer of a service plan is spreading the costs and fixing the costs over the time period. The benefits to the garage are they get your custom for servicing. Any extras (Tyres/Wipers etc) are charged extra as and when needed. The down side is if you don't expect to keep the car for the duration or it gets written off you could loose out.

This was any Lexus dealer not just one named.

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

I was quoted (and accepted) £844 for two major and one Int and one MOT on a UX300e which has cheaper servicing but this fits the figures from Lexus web site link above.

That sounds expensive for an EV given that there's not much in terms of mechanicals, fluids, filters etc. Mine had brake check and cabin filter change at 2 years which was about £70. What's the interval?

2 hours ago, javadude said:

That sounds expensive for an EV given that there's not much in terms of mechanicals, fluids, filters etc. Mine had brake check and cabin filter change at 2 years which was about £70. What's the interval?

You can’t compare as Lexus has a dealership network to keep alive and therefore are keeping their 10k/20k service schedules for their EVs. There is certainly no technical reason why they cannot move to a 2 year/20k mile schedule where the brake fluid, cabin filter and key Battery are changed plus the brakes/suspension inspected. 

14 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

That sounds a lot

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

£285 for Intermediate and £505 for full and say £50 for MOT

2 full £1010

1 Int £285

3 MOT £150

= £1445

The benefit to the customer of a service plan is spreading the costs and fixing the costs over the time period. The benefits to the garage are they get your custom for servicing. Any extras (Tyres/Wipers etc) are charged extra as and when needed. The down side is if you don't expect to keep the car for the duration or it gets written off you could loose out.

This was any Lexus dealer not just one named.

Yes that is exactly what i thought Paul there is a management fee £1.25p month . The price for the wipers was way above what you could get from lexus parts direct. The quote also said you may want to include fuel system cleaner (that was cheaper at lexus parts direct ) and you may want to cover for spark plugs £170 i did a quick look at lexus parts direct and they weren't listed but most seemed to be around £60. There's another question when service calls for plug change bet your bottom dollar i will be know where near the mileage that they are required. A local Mot station charges £40. So i agree with ya seems a bit expensive. 

Probably need to consider if the cheaper service options are offering you an included free 10yr warranty in the price.

I usually knock back any offered additives as being a user of only super fuels, and having done a fair amount of research into them, am happy they already contain the ones they are offering me. 

8 hours ago, Poundy said:

Probably need to consider if the cheaper service options are offering you an included free 10yr warranty in the price.

I usually knock back any offered additives as being a user of only super fuels, and having done a fair amount of research into them, am happy they already contain the ones they are offering me. 

Yes Norman i agree. I put super fuel in when its available.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links