Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My new ISF!

10 hours ago, Cactus said:

You are able to insure this import car ok?

only asking as you told me you had trouble insuring this a month ago at your age

Hiya, yeah all good on insurance, the trouble with the quote I did with yours was the modified suspension which sent it up to 4k, without that it is under £800

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenH22 said:

Hiya, yeah all good on insurance, the trouble with the quote I did with yours was the modified suspension which sent it up to 4k, without that it is under £800

Who are you going to insure with if you don't mind me asking?

I found that not everyone wanted to insure a JDM ISF, perhaps the coilovers on mine have more of an effect on price than I realised, judging by your experience.

1 hour ago, EP80 said:

Who are you going to insure with if you don't mind me asking?

I found that not everyone wanted to insure a JDM ISF, perhaps the coilovers on mine have more of an effect on price than I realised, judging by your experience.

It was just with admiral, I have been running multicar for a while as we have had 3 cars at the house, in my experience at 24 years old the worst thing I could do for insurance was suspension modifications.

Hi Ben, just seeing your message, thanks very much for letting me know. I was under the impression that admiral multicar stopped doing JDM cars so thanks for that. Good luck with the car also.

• 3 months later...

Just seen this 😀

Just make sure that whoever fits the rear fog lights integrates them into the rear clusters and doesn’t fit a stand alone universal on the rear bumper which seems to be the norm with JDM people carrier imports!

IMG_1256.jpeg

Funny quirk with importing a car from Japan.

If you go and live there for at least a year, buy a car there and own it for at least six months then return to the UK with it you don’t have to pay any import duty and VAT.

So what you need is a mate who is going to work there for a year, get him or her to buy a nice ISF, bring it back with them and then sell it to you 😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Funny quirk with importing a car from Japan.

If you go and live there for at least a year, buy a car there and own it for at least six months then return to the UK with it you don’t have to pay any import duty and VAT.

So what you need is a mate who is going to work there for a year, get him or her to buy a nice ISF, bring it back with them and then sell it to you 😀

While a cool idea I can see two practical flaws (Ignoring the downsides of a JDM ISF as the upsides pretty much cancel each other out) at least under my understanding of the law.

Firstly, if he brought it back and then sold it to you at market value, that would exceed his personal tax allowance for the year, so he (meaning you) would need to pay tax on the remainder of the value (and he would also have the inconvenience of having zero tax allowance for the rest of the year.

If he sold it to you for considerably less than market value, then ISF's aren't going to go down in value so if you ever sold it on you would be on the hook for tax (or a considerable hit to your tax allowance) on the apparent profit made.

I could be understanding it wrong, and obviously the point was made more for comedy than an actual scheme suggestion 😛

If you are not a registered car trader and sell just one used car even with £50k profit then you don’t pay a penny tax anyway. That’s the rule people with classic cars follow. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know my car has arrived, it has been converted and passed its MOT so we are now just waiting on registration. It's had a full service etc. Also and will be getting lanoguard undersealing. 

IMG_6429.HEIC IMG_6432.HEIC IMG_6437.HEIC IMG_6434.HEIC IMG_6438.HEIC

Screenshot_20240209-145025~2.png

Screenshot_20240209-145035~2.png

Screenshot_20240209-145031~2.png

Screenshot_20240209-145042~3.png

• Like 7

Ben hi. Congratulations 

And the total landed delivered arrived with you at home cost is …… £££££. ? 

Malc 

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Ben hi. Congratulations 

And the total landed delivered arrived with you at home cost is …… £££££. ? 

Malc 

Car is £24,450 landed converted, mot registered etc. I have then had £1200 of servicing and protection work completed including all fluids and front discs and pads.

Just now, BenH22 said:

Car is £24,450 landed converted, mot registered etc. I have then had £1200 of servicing and protection work completed including all fluids and front discs and pads.

On a 2011 with 22k miles, I am super happy with this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RichGS11 said:

Congratulations mate. Welcome to the club. Great purchase.

Whereabouts are you in the UK?

Thanks! I am up in Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire

Just now, BenH22 said:

Thanks! I am up in Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire

Oh wow, I'm in Cambs. May see the car out and about if you do any events.

3 minutes ago, RichGS11 said:

Oh wow, I'm in Cambs. May see the car out and about if you do any events.

100% will be looking forward to attending some

• Like 1

Congratulations & welcome to the club.

The car looks stunning!! Always been partial to red leather & must be the only one in the uk with that colour combo?

Like to see some more pictures of the interior when you get the opportunity!

They are a great car, so I’m sure you will have some fun drives a head 👍🏻

On 2/10/2024 at 12:05 AM, DAW said:

Congratulations & welcome to the club.

The car looks stunning!! Always been partial to red leather & must be the only one in the uk with that colour combo?

Like to see some more pictures of the interior when you get the opportunity!

They are a great car, so I’m sure you will have some fun drives a head 👍🏻

Really love them contrast of the red, what do you think?

Screenshot 2024-02-15 183232.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 183250.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 183307.png

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 6:35 PM, BenH22 said:

Really love them contrast of the red, what do you think?

Screenshot 2024-02-15 183232.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 183250.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 183307.png

Thanks for posting the pics of the interior - wow looks stunning, love it👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links