Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Altezza Feature

Mr Singh

Quite an interesting article (for a newbie to Lexus like me :) ).

Is it worth the extra effort of importing though to go and stick a s/c on an inline 4 cylinder when you can do the same with a straight 6 now... (cue big smile from the Don ;) ) I guess I am showing my lack of understanding here, but surly the six would be a better starting point than a 4 cyl in terms of torque etc ?? (I am guessing it's a cost thing)

(slightly O/T.... The Don - I was thinking about your worries about the temp sensor cable - why not get some heat resistant braiding/tubing for the cable instead of having to make a new hole and all the hassle that comes with that?)

This article is long over due in my opinion... Shame i didn`t get a mention for helping them out... the car threw a coil pack while the photographers were there... :winky:

Its badged as a Toyota....... if anyone wants that supercharger kit... i can get you one for £2600 delivered to your door! ( Whilst your LOC members!! )

I think i`d better get to work on my next car now... ( when i find the right one to get my mits on!)... cue another article..

I think i`d better get to work on my next car now... ( when i find the right one to get my mits on!)... cue another article..

I bet i get there first :lol::driving: :P

Its badged as a Toyota

altezza_page6.sized.jpg

they spelt Toyota wrong then :P

Who cares? alot of the yanks use Altezza badges...

Do i smell some hospitable rivalry between IS owners and Altezza?

If so.. your all a bunch of little kids throwing your toys out the pram :lol: chill the **** out lol.

One question.

I always thought the IS200 had the advantage in terms of torque over the Altezza due to the 6 cylinders vs 4 cylinders - is that right?

In this article it says that his torque is around the 210 mark, and that he can stick the car into sixth and it will pull all the way to 140mph (from 1000rpm)

I can't do that in my car and the torque in that is around 250.

What gives?

Or is that comment just bollocks, or then again am I expecting more?

In real terms I know this car would kick my ***** but what would the results of the torque v bhp be? I have loads more torque whereas the SC'd Tezza has loads more bhp. Where would the extra torque be visible?

Tell you what though, in all fairness there are cars here that are pretty much as good as that power wise, Daza's car especially springs to mind, and Mr Singhs when the superchargers on that, so I think we'll be seeing more cars here featured in these mags in the future :) And there's the white car - the monster - that just pretty much wipes the floor with everything outside of the USA!

I always thought the IS200 had the advantage in terms of torque over the Altezza due to the 6 cylinders vs 4 cylinders - is that right?

No. The Altezza RS200 has more torque over the AS200/IS200 across the whole of the rev range, although not by that much at low revs.

Nice one Colin, the TTE Compressor specs show the car as having 247nm @ 5000rpm and I've just been going through the Blitz website which shows the 3S-GE with the charger fitted at 302nm @ 4500rpm.

The figures confused me, but I've got to admit I always thought the IS had more torque but this is obviously not the case here :)

Nice one Colin, the TTE Compressor specs show the car as having 247nm @ 5000rpm and I've just been going through the Blitz website which shows the 3S-GE with the charger fitted at 302nm @ 4500rpm.

The figures confused me, but I've got to admit I always thought the IS had more torque but this is obviously not the case here :)

aido more class mate not torque, why would you want to put a lexus sign on a altezza :lol::lol:

Thanks Colin, looking at the figures the stock RS200 and IS200 SC are pretty much matched apart from the torque then.

Shame theres that cost difference too :crying:

Got to admit I don't like the RS200 badging on the car as the styling isn't the same - would look much better if done in the same font, besides, I like the Altezza badge better anyway, sounds better :)

What about ISMan's car when that's done?

They're talking about the big 1k mark?

What would that be in our terms Mat as I don't really understand the differences between the American figures and the UK figures?

Dont think i will be settleing for a measly HP figure, i also have big plans.......

3.4 litre stroker kit........ :)

im sure Colin will be able to explain the difference between the US HP and the UK HP, what i do know though is that the way that the US work out there HP figures, kinda boosts the figures , ours are supposed to be more realistic :)

Nice one Mat, that doesn't mean anything to me mate, sounds like what goes off in those vids I watch :lol:

Should have realised you weren't going to stop there!

Looking forward to seeing it again mate :)

How's about a meet in Dresden :P

Back on topic, can I get this book in any newsagents?

Might grab a acopy of this and then the one that Maz's car is in soon :)

One question.

In this article it says that his torque is around the 210 mark, and that he can stick the car into sixth and it will pull all the way to 140mph (from 1000rpm)

I can't do that in my car and the torque in that is around 250.

What gives?

Or is that comment just bollocks, or then again am I expecting more?

Aido,

From the way i read it sounds as though they are commenting on the torque due to the engine mods.

:) And there's the white car - the monster - that just pretty much wipes the floor with everything outside of the USA!

and within.aswell

Mat, is your 'monster' a daily driver?

Got to admit I don't like the RS200 badging on the car as the styling isn't the same - would look much better if done in the same font, besides, I like the Altezza badge better anyway, sounds better :)

I thought the same too :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links