Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Intercooler Fitting

Mr Singh

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Fitting.... well look at the size of the intercooler... its friggin HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

Fitting the bumper back on required alot of modding of existing bumper... i mean alot!

I'm not completely happy with it, so i will be taking it off tomorrow to see if i can make the intercooler go back another 5-10mm...

In the last pic... thats roughly how the front will look with the front lip... which needs lick of paint..

Roll on Thursday when me and Fargo will be fitting Supercharger :D

How did you remove the lower mesh?

Is there a need to stablize the bar under the mesh? Or is it stable enough (without the lip)?

The bumper mess... thats part of the bumper as u know... in the pics u can see i masked area up, and cut it out with the trusty old jigsaw..

after several attempts to fit... i used some heavy rasps a orbital sander with heavy grit paper to reduce the bumper recess opening.. came out very nice, am quite please with it!

The strength of it all is slight worry but i'm gonna try move the intercooler back lil more if i can.. the bumper fitting on the edges and top near arches could do with being better (i'm very fussy ;) )

Will fit the lip when i get it painted up next week or so!

Awesome, would look better with one of those JDM bumpers with the gaping front - you know you want one ;)

Are you going to wind the car up now as you could hit that intercooler piping when you're that low? I'm catching all sorts lately - sure the road is getting higher!!!

Looking forward to seeing her when she's done, will be well impressive!!!

I was considering US Spec OE bumper just as its bigger..

prefer discreet.. with 3pc 19s going on very soon... i need understated body kit....

Will never raise it... hell i will slam it more if weather gets better :lol:

Sorry n00b question - but whats it for, what does it do?

where forced air is used ie:turbo or supercharged

the air is compressed and therefore heats up

the air is then passed through an intercooler to cool it down before it reaches the intake

as cooler air is better for performance

if you need any more info you will also need someone who is cleverer than me :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links