Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Stereo

Bazza

Not sure of any specific models at this moment Bazza (i'm at work) .... but for that you can get some decent CD players with MP3 support.

That's what you want really .........

need to get a car stereo for my son for his birthday

budget is around £150

needs cd player

any clues on whats good and what to avoid

and where to buy ?

:)

Sony headunits skip loads and seem pretty crappy in my opinion. i have a Kenwwod head unit its ok, and has never skipped, not once.

The new alpine headunits are good and you can connect them directly to an Ipod if he has one of them.

Try this place, http://www.cel-direct.com.

Hope this helps,

Jason :P

www.caraudiosecurity.com might be worth a try... ;)

KDC-W6031 - CD/MP3 TUNER but £10 over budget..

By all means have a look in Halfords, but you can get it cheaper elsewhere..

Edited by purvesh81

love my kenwood, pioneer has excellent quality, recommend any alpine, and even though i am a HUGE sony addict, wouldn't want it in my car!

i think purvesh might be onto a winner for you.

NB: Halfords are often more expensive than your local ICE dealer.

Got my headunit from > http://www.cel-direct.com/ < 3 years ago, and it was next day delivery. excellent service, cheap prices.

www.caraudiodirect.co.uk is the biggest internet car audio company in the whole of Europe!

There prices and service is unbeatable, and i would hate to see you get grief else where then say 'told you so'....

Although the facts above are true, there also stockists of the gear we import :whistling:

great !

but dont give me a choice :crying:

now they all look good to me, but then i know nothing about them

dont want to ask him, as its a bit of a surprise

i suppose the more it does the better, but obviously does need to do what it is supposed to

he is 19

listens to drum and bass

mostly on ripped cd

has all amps and speakers

now which one would suit

dont mind going slightly over budget

and preferbly has an auto switch which turns it all off when sitting on my drive :D

Remember though Halfords are usually expensive for headunits!!!!

I recently bought a Kenwood psw9527 head unit, its the top mp3 model and it cost me £250 off the net with a free limited edition case.

A week later i looked in Halfords for a laugh to see how much it was in there, and they wanted a massive £800 for the same unit without the case!!!!!!!!

Almost fainted, had to look twice!!!!! :P

Jason

www.caraudiodirect.co.uk is the biggest internet car audio company in the whole of Europe!

There prices and service is unbeatable, and i would hate to see you get grief else where then say 'told you so'....

Although the facts above are true, there also stockists of the gear we import :whistling:

ok from their website i saw this

alpine ALP-CDA9847R for £149

cda9847r.jpg

Alpine CDA-9847R

Security: Detachable Facia

Power Output Per Channel: 45 W

Pre-amp Outputs: 3 sets

Pre-amp Output Voltage: 2 V

CD Changer Controls: Yes

Remote Control: Optional

MP3/WMA playback: Yes

Aux Input: Optional Cable

Illumination Colour: Multi

Facia Finish: Black

The Alpine CDA-9847R CD receiver has a huge array of stunning features. The dash-enhancing display is clear and concise making it very easy to use. The vast number of format options gives you total freedom of music choice and all that combined with a high power amp and extensive sound processing. It's the combination of all these things that makes this receiver worth shouting about!

Variety is the name of the game with the CDA-9847R. Sure it'll play your standard CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs; if you've burned MP3s and WMAs on disc, you can bring them along, too. The advanced AI-NET CD changer control is also fully compatible with the awesome Alpine Ipod interface (KCA420i), for total integration with Apples stunning portable units.

or upgrade to an alpine CDA-9851R for £174

cda9851r.jpg

Alpine CDA-9851R

Security: Detachable Facia

Power Output Per Channel: 50 W

Pre-amp Outputs: 3 sets

Pre-amp Output Voltage: 2 V

CD Changer Controls: Yes

Remote Control: Optional

MP3/WMA playback: Yes

Aux Input: Optional Cable

Illumination Colour: White/Green

Facia Finish: Black

Digital music playback, system expansion options, and great looks, Alpine's CDA-9851R is a tough act to follow!

In addition to your standard CDs, it'll play MP3 and WMA files you've burned on a CD-R or CD-RW. Alpine's Quick Search feature helps you scroll through your folders and files quickly, so your favorite tunes will never be far away.

Alpine have also included Bass Engine® tone controls for sound shaping at its finest. Your music, no matter the format, will always sound spectacular. The powerful on-board amplifier delivers a solid 50W x 4 to power your music and for even more system punch, you can connect external amplifiers to the three sets of preamp outputs.

are they any good ?

did you say that he is connecting amps to the unit????

I was told if you are going to be running a loud system then to run a head unit with al least 4v pre outs, and these only have 2v pre outs.

Not too sure if this is true, someone else might be able to help you out, but the alpine head units are top notch!!!!!!

Jason

did you say that he is connecting amps to the unit????

I was told if you are going to be running a loud system then to run a head unit with al least 4v pre outs, and these only have 2v pre outs.

Not too sure if this is true, someone else might be able to help you out, but the alpine head units are top notch!!!!!!

Jason

:unsure:

he has a amp or two

and a subwoofer

but as far as i know its not too powerfull,

www.caraudiosecurity.com might be worth a try... ;)

KDC-W6031 - CD/MP3 TUNER but £10 over budget..

By all means have a look in Halfords, but you can get it cheaper elsewhere..

Bazza thats the place to go, they have a store in Tottenham Court Road, u can take a print out and get the stuff product in store AND save on postage, and also that way you can see whats in stock, and get expert advice..

The sound apline is an excellent choice, esp for d'n'b.. we will keep a look out for him at Jungle Fever :whistling:

If its building a very serious system or looking to build one, try get him 5V pre outs, other then that you seem to have got the idea.. 3 sets of Pre Outs, Sub Control, 4 x 50W (min), MP3/WMA.. etc etc

If he is after more WOW factor, instead of sound quality, try some of the JVC units.. they seem to come a few gimmicks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links