Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

B&m Shortshifter

monster

Bought myself a B&M shortshifter from eBay, looks more or less brand new. No instructions provided but scrapped bits and bobs on how to fit from off here. Deciding whether to keep or sell depending on circumstances.

Is the short shifter meant come come with a gear knob? Or do you just take your existing one off and replace it on the shortshifter? Also what's peoples opinions on this mod and has anyone got any piccies of it fitted.

Thanks, Miles

Miles,

It takes 10 - 15 minutes to install - literally !

Sanj (mr-lex) installed his one whilst @ JAE. - and it's really simple too ......... I believe it doesn't come with a gear knob; use your own !

There is a huge difference in the way you change gears from the STD to the quick shift system !

It feels alot different !

takes a bit of getting used to

but once you have you wont want to drive without it

makes for a very positve gear change everytime

no knob supplied , but standard one will fit

reverse is harder to find but you soon get the knack

Had one, got rid.

Call me a wimp, but it was too stiff. I work out and after 3hrs in the gym i struggled to get it in the reverse many times, lol.

Get a TRD one if you can.

takes a bit of getting used to

but once you have you wont want to drive without it

makes for a very positve gear change everytime

no knob supplied , but standard one will fit

reverse is harder to find but you soon get the knack

agree with that

I fitted a TRD 1 few weeks back love it took about 30mins or so

easy to fit

just unclip the gear suround undo 6 srews i think

take centre panel out

(I left gear the gear suround wired up (fag lighter))

just uncliped/unplug the wire for the hand break sensor (easy)

undo the 4 bolts holidng the stick in place

remove stick

drop in new 1

do the above in reverse

I've got the info on installing my TRD 1 I can photo copy it and post it to you if thats any help

If i sell I'll give you first refusal. I'll want exactly what I paid for it - 100 squid (well I paid 99.27) but round well round it up :D . Gonna see if this car i've had my eye on is still there tomoz. If it is i'll be selling the shift, if it's not i'll be fiting it. :D :angry::lol:

I like it to be honest, not hard to get reverse in, then again I'm a bigger lad than most :lol:

Fit it and try, really really simple, had problems with mine originally because I couldn't work out how the dash came out, when I removed it I had the lot done within 20 minutes and that included taking my time and removing the centre console to make everything easier access, my hands are too big to work with the centre console still there!!!

I'll let you know tomorrow mate. I tried to fit it today, left it too late, couldn't get the B&M one in, then struggled to get the STD back in, took 2 hrs, scraped my hand on the flippin surround plate, couldn't get the clips back in, the screws wouldn't go back in, felt just like turning into the incredible hulk...ggrrrrrrrrr! :mellow::huh: :( :angry::sad: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :lol::lol::lol:

It's one of the best (more or less...) cost effective mods you can get! I've had the B&M one for a year now, and couldn't live without it, it's such a great piece of a equipement! As others have pointed, the fitting is a walk in the park. It's so much faster to shift, and it has that "sporty whine" as in "real" sport/rally cars. But if you're more into luxury, then it's not for you...

Just my 5 pennies... :)

It's one of the best (more or less...) cost effective mods you can get! I've had the B&M one for a year now, and couldn't live without it, it's such a great piece of a equipement! As others have pointed, the fitting is a walk in the park. It's so much faster to shift, and it has that "sporty whine" as in "real" sport/rally cars. But if you're more into luxury, then it's not for you...

Sold it for me! Im going to have to get one now, better PM ifraz. :winky:

Jason :P

TDI sell them.

ive just ordered one for the altezza gearbox......annoyingly the is200 one curently fitted to the is200 gearbox, doesnt fit the altezza gearbox

Should fit matt .........as i got my B & M off Mr S..... and he has altezza :winky:

TDI sell them.

ive just ordered one for the altezza gearbox......annoyingly the is200 one curently fitted to the is200 gearbox, doesnt fit the altezza gearbox

Should fit matt .........as i got my B & M off Mr S..... and he has altezza :winky:

you sure...when i sold the altezza to zee, the is200 b&m shifter didnt fit in the altezza

ok...will be test fitting is200 shifter in altezza gearbox tommorow :yawn:

i always said they were the same gearbox, but after the hassel we had with the one sold to zee, i assumed they were the same box, but just had different gearbox noses....for whatever reason

Edited by Monster-Mat

Well said SpOcK. I will miss it.

Got your PM Jason. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links