Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Arrives

So, we finally picked it up today noon: Pictures will follow...

The Good -

Handover - was brilliant, took about an hour, including the drive we demanded before parting with the cash. Rattles - not even a squeak. I know some people have experienced these as an "after sales extra" so I'll be watching out!!

Sound System - awesome

Rear camera - great

Smoothness of the engine - (Scott - got to just over 4000 rpm accidentally...once... B) :whistling: ). Forget the rubbish from the press - send 'em over to my car!

The colour combo - it's the first time I've seen Mesa and Black leather, and it is truely stunning IMHO.

The small direct steering wheel - well weighted and quite pointy - just the way I like it

It's just an outstanding car. So "tight"...

The Bad -

No freebies at all - but then we squeezed a real bargain. My Audi was worth £850 less then the figure agreed (PEX price agreed 1 month before handing it in (Dec/Jan handover), and we got the online discount of £1147 to boot...

The Ugly -

ME :D

So overall we're ecstatic. Photot's below don't do it justice! The interior looks lighter in the pictures, but it is Pembroke (i.e. Charcoal)

front0br.jpg

front14nd.jpg

front21pm.jpg

high6tx.jpg

side9bp.jpg

dsc026649up.jpg

i like it very much.

in my religion, the colour car you have is very lucky. :) so enjoy it.

i love the interior... so jealous of that screen! :P

the stearing wheel looks lush too. great photo's would love to see some more :)

Jamboo, car looks fantastic, you chose a great color combination there so well worth the wait :D

Spookily, you have the same garage doors (look like Hendersons) as me - which builder built your house - was it MacCleans ?

I'm assuming you're gonna pile some miles this weekend and next week ? Will be interesting to see how much mpg you get.

Well to wear Jamboo,

Looking at your colour combo got me to thinking that

A. we seem to have different names for the colours over here ,for instance, your colour is on the Lexus.ie website as Morrello Red .Wonder why this is?

B. More importantly I have just realised that the sales rep never offered me a choice of interior colours. I'm getting what they are calling over here Hakonen silver (cos my merc is black and I'm browned off washing it) maybe there's only one choice of interior colour with it. It had better be black.

Jamboo, car looks fantastic, you chose a great color combination there so well worth the wait :D

Spookily, you have the same garage doors (look like Hendersons) as me - which builder built your house - was it MacCleans ?

I'm assuming you're gonna pile some miles this weekend and next week ? Will be interesting to see how much mpg you get.

Bryant Homes...actually!

A few errands tomorrow, a trip to the relatives and all of that... ;)

Forgot to add mate...My MPG fell to 16.7...but I reckon that was down to the handover and lots of "Idling".

Went for a run up the road with the kids after school, reset the MPG on a fast A road and it got to 50mpg B) so I'm actually hopeful. The "histogram" is so volatile...just the lightest of prods and it goes from 60mpg............... to 10!

I'll try building a profile to see if I can track the MPG going up.... B)

Went for a run up the road with the kids after school, reset the MPG on a fast A road and it got to 50mpg B) so I'm actually hopeful. The "histogram" is so volatile...just the lightest of prods and it goes from 60mpg............... to 10!

50mpg is very good - you must have the mk2 :) Were you in sixth gear ?

Looking forward to the profile...

Ain't ventured into 6th at all...just a gentle right foot...in fifth between 50 and 60! Got upto 75mph no probs, but now I have 30kazillion pages of manuals to read!

The wifes standing over me thinking I'm going mad...talking to myself, smiling, speaking to someone 250 miles away on the internet about cars...and I have "man flu" too :crybaby: (a.k.a Female sniffles)!

PS - Niraj, my religion too!

Ain't ventured into 6th at all...just a gentle right foot...in fifth between 50 and 60! Got upto 75mph no probs, but now I have 30kazillion pages of manuals to read!

The wifes standing over me thinking I'm going mad...talking to myself, smiling, speaking to someone 250 miles away on the internet about cars...and I have "man flu" too :crybaby: (a.k.a Female sniffles)!

PS - Niraj, my religion too!

You guys Hindu? Can i ask why is it a bad colour?

I like the colour mate. I think a cream/oakham interior would have been even better but the black is definitely more practical especially with you having children the woe of any light coloured interior.

Jamboo,

Lookin good mate, knew you'd love it once you were behind the wheel and its yours! As one of the previous posters on here said its one of the few cars where he makes an excuse to go out for a drive, I know that feeling, guess you do now too. How's the buyers remorse now :D

Best of luck with it.

Woody

I was on wind up, really fueled by Lexus being so quiet about the problems. I still don't think they're helping people.

But the car's speak for themselves. Anyone reading this who's unsure should scrub the competition off the list!

I reckon economy is there if you really play a gentle game with the car...

Hindu's believe that Red and Green are more "spiritual" colours, as adorned by goddess's!

Anyway, need to get my head into the manuals again (over breakfast)

Teehee

That looks lovely, really liking that red :winky:

Bet you must have the biggest grin on your face most of the time....... :whistling:

Still not too keen on that manual gearshift tho, looks like they kinda stuck it in there as an afterthought :shutit:

Congrats m8 Looks real sweet :D

I suspect we will NOT be hearing too much from you over the next few weeks...too busy actually enjoying the darn thing now she is actually here :lol::lol:

No freebies :excl: After all the comms I have had with my dealer about things...I am looking forward to some myself - not even a bunch of flowers for her indoors ??

Congrats m8 Looks real sweet :D

I suspect we will NOT be hearing too much from you over the next few weeks...too busy actually enjoying the darn thing now she is actually here :lol::lol:

No freebies :excl: After all the comms I have had with my dealer about things...I am looking forward to some myself - not even a bunch of flowers for her indoors ??

Well m8! She's wonderful! The wife treats her like your wife would treat a woman suspected of being your mistress!

We did get the flowers and that was all, but no real freebies...no cuddly toy ( :blush: ), no brolly, no rubber mats, no Lexus watch or anything like that.

But like I say, I got a darn good "money" deal in the end, so I have no complaints...I suppose I'll have to go "gold" now too!!

Just given it the Carnauba wax treatment...P21s, didn't bother with the Carlack68 this time round. The car's so well polished...I reckon the wax is enough for spring...It'll give me something to do in the summer!

Bob from next door came round for a "chat". He was well impressed (sensible bloke)!

The problem now is that I don't want to drive it for work...! I'll keep taking the Hire cars for a few weeks yet me thinks, and just run the car in properly first... :winky:

I feel a new thread coming on...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links