Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Work Being Done

MY ENGINE HAS NOT BLOWN UP...

Because of the boost 1.4 bar that I'm running and the power 420 bhp, it lifted the head causing the head gasket to go. The head lifted because standard stretch bolts were fitted NOT the uprated ARP head bolt and nut set. Which should have been fitted by another garage that did the engine rebuild. (But that's open to debate).

This problem hasn't occured to another IS running the same power because there IS NOT ANOTHER IS RUNNING THE SAME BOOST AND POWER!

Whilst TDI were looking for the cause they found quite a few issues with the work carried out by the other garage that they were concerned with. Some turbo work, other minor issues and some major safety issues. Also as the head came off there were also issues they were not happy with so the rest of the engine was inspected.

Photographs have been taken of these issues and shown to the garage that did the work. I have also personally been to see the car and been shown the problems. The garage that did the work have spoken to Mark (TDI) and been made aware of the problems and they have discussed the matter. I have an indendant engineer going to look at my car on Monday and he will also do a report on the work carried out by the other garage.

So some FACTS:

#) My engine has not blown

#) TDI have not done the turbo work on my car

#) TDI have not done the engine work on my car

#) The head gasket blew due to standard stetch bolts being fitted

#) TDI have not carried out any mechanical work on my car

So it hardly seems fair to accuse them of blowing up my engine (which has not occured anyway) considering that they've hardly done anywork to it. If anything I take my hat off to them for finding the problems and rectifying some of them that another garage caused. (the rest will depend on the outcome on Monday as to who will do the work and most importantly pay for it).

Personally I think I've covered most of this in my posts above. So there was NO NEED to start accusing people of doing things and speculating about what has happened and what has not happened. As it is simply NOT TRUE. The true story and FACTS are above. I should know as its me that is suffering the heart ache and stress because of it.

We will see on Monday what the independant guy says and see what the reply of the garage that did the work is.

Adie (aka Adrian James)

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate,

Yeah it is. So close yet now so far. Hopefully it wont be too long untill its back on the road and I might have it to drive for more than a couple of weeks for over a year.

Who knows I might even make a show with my own car this year :lol:

I think the car sounds like a best and feel for you with all the trouble.

As you said most people will just be jealous and know jack s**t about cars and especially do not have any taste!!

Maybe see your motor at a show this year then, with any luck we all know you deserve some.

I think I remember posting not long ago about the disbelief with the trouble you have had with your car Adie and I am still taken a back at the fact you are finding even more issues to date with the car REGARDLESS OF WHO IS OR WAS TO BLAME.

I for one know from personal experience that projects like this always have hiccups and delays and unforseen problems but this thread still amazes me as there is a new prob nearly everytime I look.

I have to hand it to you personally though as you seem to have been very diplomatic and restrained about the whole thing were others in your situation may have been quite the opposite. I think you are doing some great work to your car as I always like to see pioneers etc.

Anyway I really do hope you can get it sorted very soon so you can at least get to enjoy the car if nothing else.

Aidie i said it before and ill say it agian...

Nice car :D

I hope you get it all sorted...

Cheers mate,

The independant engineer has been to inspect the work and is currently writing his report. It shouldn't be too long untill the car is back on the road.

Thanks to all the genuine members for their concern and PM's etc :)

well when you get some more info mate, can you add me to the PM's im genuinly intrested on finding out how this ends up...

Plus i would love a ride sometime. maybee at one of the shows, although i have a feeling their may be a line :D

No worries mate. Yeah I'll add you to the list on both accounts :lol:

I will be at most, if not all the shows this year, hopefully with a car this time. Although this Sunday I'm having to resort to both my mates Supras again... oh well :lol:

I don't know :crybaby: I come back from Holiday expecting to read how well your car is going, and :ohmy:

Still, as they say. the best things are worth waitihg for.

Hope it's all sorted and back on the road 'ere long Adie

• 5 weeks later...

Aidie i said it before and ill say it agian...

Nice car :D

I hope you get it all sorted...

Cheers mate,

The independant engineer has been to inspect the work and is currently writing his report. It shouldn't be too long untill the car is back on the road. Although I doubt I'll be posting any more progress up because I'm sick of all the ******* that goes with it - too many bell ends about !!!

Thanks to all the genuine members for their concern and PM's etc :)

Any news yet mate :question:

I had the report back last week and its not good at all. I'm going to see the garage that carried out the work on Monday to show them the report and then we'll go from there.. Needless to say I very much doubt I'll be letting them near my car again too soon. :tsktsk: :angry::angry:

I had the report back last week and its not good at all. I'm going to see the garage that carried out the work on Monday to show them the report and then we'll go from there.. Needless to say I very much doubt I'll be letting them near my car again too soon. :tsktsk: :angry::angry:

Dont blame you mate, hope you get it all sorted soon mate :D

well if the rest is anything like that exhaust thy made........ :ohmy:

Indeed :tsktsk: Although that wasn't down to them..

Dont blame you mate, hope you get it all sorted soon mate :D
Indeed, hope it gets sorted mate - nippy and as smoothly as possible.

All the best,

Jamie

Cheers guys :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links