Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel At £1 A Litre?

Filled up last night and the Shell garage I used had Optimax at 99.9p. Has anybody seen over £1 for a litre of fuel?

Yeah,I paid over £1/L,I think 103p,for Optimax just off the M11 near Stansted on 19th March.

I just stood there with my arms up in the air because I thought the pump was saying: "STAND AND DELIVER!". :blink:

Needless to say,I just put in 15 litres to get me home and filled up locally where Optimax is about 94-97p/L.

I paid 98.9 p/l last night for Tesco Super UL. I have noticed price has been creeping back up over the last couple of weeks sure it was about 94.9 last time I filled up, will hit £1 soon I am sure :crybaby:

Filled up last night and the Shell garage I used had Optimax at 99.9p. Has anybody seen over £1 for a litre of fuel?

Yeah,I paid over £1/L,I think 103p,for Optimax just off the M11 near Stansted on 19th March.

I just stood there with my arms up in the air because I thought the pump was saying: "STAND AND DELIVER!". :blink:

Needless to say,I just put in 15 litres to get me home and filled up locally where Optimax is about 94-97p/L.

Yep, Birchhanger Services is over £1 per litre, it is around 98ppl near me and 95ppl in Teesside.

Been filling up with BP Ultimate in the town I live and thats £1.02.9! :o

Yes guys the price is going back up. This is due mainly to the Iran Nuclear weapons thing, and the possibility of an American strike/invasion or sanctions. This is causing great uncertainty in the markets and currently oil futures are trading at over $100 per barrel.

Yep the warnings are right. Couldnt believe it when i went to BP. I only put a £10 in, f*** that.

I've stopped using BPs as they've really started to annoy me. In my area, all the BPs are at least 2p/ltr more than everyone else, and to top that, there has been as much as a 4p variation between the 3 BPs that are within about a 3 mile radius of each other

What pushed me right over the edge is that advert about how if we all used BP ultimate, we'd be doing our bit for the environment - of course I'd use bl :tsktsk: dy ultimate if it didn't cost such a stupid amount - can't believe they try to guilt people into paying even more extortionate prices for fuel :angry:

Seems to me to be quite a disgusting corporation on the whole.......

Think we should ave thefuel blockades again!

One of the the few countries where it is more expensive to put a pint in your car than buy one at the pub.

This is not due to the huge prices of oil barrells its due tot her high taxes....duh!

If we ddint pay 2/3rds of it as tax it wouldnt be so expensive.

What pushed me right over the edge is that advert about how if we all used BP ultimate, we'd be doing our bit for the environment - of course I'd use bl :tsktsk: dy ultimate if it didn't cost such a stupid amount - can't believe they try to guilt people into paying even more extortionate prices for fuel :angry:

Seems to me to be quite a disgusting corporation on the whole.......

Why do you say that :angry: ? They're one of the more forward thinking Companies regarding protection of the environment and the development of alternative energy sources. They're also the most transparent in their dealings with foreign governments (West African nations for example, where corruption is rife), and do a lot to benefit the communities they work in than the others.

Don't be so naive to think all their the profits are made filling up your petrol tank, as the revenue is peanuts, with the goverment tax taking the majority.

Oil is also getting more and more difficult to get at. The wells are more inaccessible, in deeper water and deeper reservoirs in more remote areas of the world. Rant over, reply when you know what you're talking about.

Bit of a "knee *****" reaction Tango.

Think the point was the "Ultimate" is more expensive than other Super Unleaded. That is not down to Duty or Tax it is down to the base price set by BP. Also that BP are trying to sell "Ultimate" as being "Greener" than other fuels to justify the higher price.

Can you give us an explanation of why it is better.

We all know that oil is getting harder to find and more expensive to, not only extract but to get to market.

To end off I don't think that BP are any different to other oil companies, they all need to expand into different markets to survive, oil will run out eventually.

Bit of a "knee *****" reaction Tango.

Think the point was the "Ultimate" is more expensive than other Super Unleaded. That is not down to Duty or Tax it is down to the base price set by BP. Also that BP are trying to sell "Ultimate" as being "Greener" than other fuels to justify the higher price.

Can you give us an explanation of why it is better.

We all know that oil is getting harder to find and more expensive to, not only extract but to get to market.

To end off I don't think that BP are any different to other oil companies, they all need to expand into different markets to survive, oil will run out eventually.

Yes it was a knee *****, mainly because of the bold statement on the forum that BP was a 'pretty disgusting Corporation' . I don't want to bang on about it being one of the most successfull British Companies, but to knock it without justification is a bit much.

Oil is a finite resource but don't believe the myth that it's going to run out soon, certainly not in your lifetime. Even so BP are forward thinking compared to most e.g. BP are involved in development of hydrogen-fuel cells and vehicles, but are already supplying refueling facilities in the States (California, Michigan, Florida) and Europe (London, Barcelona, Porto, Stuttgart and Hamburg).

The Ultimate fuels are cleaner regarding exhaust emissions (less solids and fewer toxic emissions), and tests have shown it gives improved combustion efficiency, better engine cleanliness, and strangely enough reduced engine noise levels.

LOC members have often debated which of the higher octane fuels are the best, usually just based on performance and/or improved mpg. Well a slight increase in performance and responsiveness may be experienced, but that's not what cleaner fuel is all about.

The other debate is that all fuels come from the same source and it's down to additives by individual compaanies, well these fuels are blended to new formulas from high-grade product streams in BP's own refineries, separated from all other fuels, and delivered only to retail stations via the company's logistics system.

http://""' target="_blank">

Yes it was a knee *****, mainly because of the bold statement on the forum that BP was a 'pretty disgusting Corporation' . I don't want to bang on about it being one of the most successfull British Companies, but to knock it without justification is a bit much.

Agree statement without a lot of thought

Oil is a finite resource but don't believe the myth that it's going to run out soon, certainly not in your lifetime. Even so BP are forward thinking compared to most e.g. BP are involved in development of hydrogen-fuel cells and vehicles, but are already supplying refueling facilities in the States (California, Michigan, Florida) and Europe (London, Barcelona, Porto, Stuttgart and Hamburg).

Don't believe that oil will run out in my life time, it is just a question of how much we are prepared to pay for it. Germany ran on oil extracted from coal and shale during the latter part of WWII.

The Ultimate fuels are cleaner regarding exhaust emissions (less solids and fewer toxic emissions), and tests have shown it gives improved combustion efficiency, better engine cleanliness, and strangely enough reduced engine noise levels.

Because of additives I presume, how do we know that what is being added now won't have an adverse effect later. At one time lead was the stuff, course it's safe we make water pipes from it. Has it harmed anyone?.................yet

LOC members have often debated which of the higher octane fuels are the best, usually just based on performance and/or improved mpg. Well a slight increase in performance and responsiveness may be experienced, but that's not what cleaner fuel is all about.

True we have but is "cleaner" fuel actually cleaner, surely the issue is CO? We can reduce particulates that reduce "smog" effects but what about the ozone?

The other debate is that all fuels come from the same source and it's down to additives by individual compaanies, well these fuels are blended to new formulas from high-grade product streams in BP's own refineries, separated from all other fuels, and delivered only to retail stations via the company's logistics system.

The only refinery that I know of in Scotland is Grangemouth, so if all petrol in Scotland is not refined there then some oil companies are hauling petrol a long way using diesel tractors, knocking out loads of pollution. As Grangemouth is owned by BP I find it hard to believe that part of the plant is reserved for BP only and Shell, Esso and the rest have their petrol refined in a different area.

The only refinery that I know of in Scotland is Grangemouth, so if all petrol in Scotland is not refined there then some oil companies are hauling petrol a long way using diesel tractors, knocking out loads of pollution. As Grangemouth is owned by BP I find it hard to believe that part of the plant is reserved for BP only and Shell, Esso and the rest have their petrol refined in a different area.

Why do you assume it's refined in the UK? You don't lug crude around if you can refine it cheaper elsewhere and bring into the UK by pipeline or tanker.

If you don't want to believe me it's up to you..I only work for them :)

Why do you assume it's refined in the UK? You don't lug crude around if you can refine it cheaper elsewhere and bring into the UK by pipeline or tanker.

If you don't want to believe me it's up to you..I only work for them :)

So what you are saying is that there is a potentially dangerous refinery in a heavily populated area of Scotland operated by BP that could be somewhere that the labour is cheaper and more expendible.

Oh sorry you can't answer that you only work for them like we didn't guess :lol::lol:

"well these fuels are blended to new formulas from high-grade product streams in BP's own refineries, separated from all other fuels, and delivered only to retail stations via the company's logistics system"

straight from the company manual.

Sorry mate just my SOH :D

Well 1.07 / litre for V-Power 100RON in Germany over the weekend returned 27MPG with the majority of the speed around 100 MPH. The same run on UK Optimax (99ppl) on the way out with similar speeds returned 20 MPG.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links