Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 350 - Uk Release?

After doing various bits of research I've decided that I would like to in the not to distance future buy an IS 350.

To my knowledge they are only available in the US - can anybody shed any light on if they will release the 350 in the UK - or how do I go about buying one to UK spec, right hand drive etc.

Thanks.

I havent seen many hairdressers driving M3's :)

Hairdresser down the road from me drives an IS200, as does one of the teenagers who works at McDonalds.

'twas a reference to the 3 series coupe (not necessarily the M3) and it's stigma...

I was on is300.net a few weeks ago, and im not sure if it was the M3 or the 330 they where talking about but the is350 have more torque which is better for the old 0-60, also some company had already started to develop exhaust systems and they where lookin at 30-40 bhp JUST from exhaust system which is bloomin amazing

Im sure if any of us had the choise we'd all choose the is350 instead of the M3

Also when i was chatting to a guy from lexus when talking about a test drive he said that theres alot of talk about the 430 enigne being test in the is which is more likely that a is500

Lexus have always said that there are "no plans" for the 250 AWD or the 350.

They also said no plans for an auto diesel 220 - but I always said that was a big mistake, and i would put small money on them releasing just such a car in the not too distant future. :winky:

PS My car is now not expected until late JULY !! considering it was ordered in feb, this is not good huh....better be worth the wait !!

They also said no plans for an auto diesel 220 - but I always said that was a big mistake, and i would put small money on them releasing just such a car in the not too distant future. :winky:

PS My car is now not expected until late JULY !! considering it was ordered in feb, this is not good huh....better be worth the wait !!

'twill! July - that's like 5 months...(I can count)

Boy! IS it worth taking it in September? I suppose the new plates' relevance is there only if you don't keep it for too long, else it won't matter a jot.

I just hope they do a Hybrid instead of the Oiler...or a CVT version of the Diesel...it would be better suited to the engine if "Geared" for 2-4000 revs most of the time...

Is the IS350 really a match for an M3?? the IS350 is only 280bhp I think. That is not in the same league as an M3.....
Not a match for the M3 at all.

think again !

compare the IS350 and the M3

power:

IS350 - 306HP

M3 - 330HP

0-60:

IS350 - 5.7 secs

M3 - 5 secs

torque:

IS350 - 277 ft/lbs

M3 - 262 ft/lbs

mpg:

IS350 - 28 MPG

M3 -24 mpg

the IS350 being an auto

the M3 being a manual

hp is down, but the more important torque is up

0-60 is 0.6 seconds difference

considering it is a four door and an auto and with the extra you get with a lexus i would say maybe the IS350 is the better car,

now the final comparrison

IS350 - $35,000

M3 - $48,000

i know what i would buy :)

Is the IS350 really a match for an M3?? the IS350 is only 280bhp I think. That is not in the same league as an M3.....

Not a match for the M3 at all.

think again !

compare the IS350 and the M3

power:

IS350 - 306HP

M3 - 330HP

0-60:

IS350 - 5.7 secs

M3 - 5 secs

torque:

IS350 - 277 ft/lbs

M3 - 262 ft/lbs

mpg:

IS350 - 28 MPG

M3 -24 mpg

the IS350 being an auto

the M3 being a manual

hp is down, but the more important torque is up

0-60 is 0.6 seconds difference

considering it is a four door and an auto and with the extra you get with a lexus i would say maybe the IS350 is the better car,

now the final comparrison

IS350 - $35,000

M3 - $48,000

i know what i would buy :)

Sold!

Out of interest, anyone know/hazzard a guess how much it would cost overall to actualy import a brand new IS350 from Japan then? :duh:

D.

I would like to add my tuppence worth, since I was a Lexus owner and now have a BMW M3 !

Can’t comment on the IS350 since, sadly, I haven’t driven it. But in most reviews it is compared to the 330 BMW, seriously doubt if it could live with the M3. If Lexus had made the IS350 available in the UK I would still be a Lexus owner.

A while back on this forum when the IS250 was released, I, and a few others, were concerned at the price of the car and it's relative (weak) performance. Example, I was looking at a IS250 Sport with all the trimmings - took the car to £30K, at the time I said it was close to used M3 value - for me anyway.

Fast forward and I've bought a 04 plate M3 (SMG, SatNav/ TV, most of the toys) in the £30K range, and I bought it from a Lexus dealership. The car is absolutely stunning, the howl from the straight 6, 3.2 litre engine (343 bhp !!) is absolutely staggering.

I wanted to stay with Lexus but their range of cars was too limited – I told the dealer this, and he said, funnily enough there had just been a dealer’s get together with Lexus asking what the dealers wanted. From what I can gather Lexus will not offer a whole range of engines like BMW, MB or Audi – but they will be bringing in a top of the range IS (possibly based on 4.3 litre engine) when the IS receives a mid life face-lift scheduled in 2008/ 2009.

I just don’t get this logic – they’re taking on the German exec class with one hand tied behind their back, they have the engines (the 3 litre from the GS, the 3.5 litre) but seem reluctant to use them. I honestly think Lexus could cover their costs by bringing in a limited number of cars (say 500 to 1000 of IS350’s, enough to cover the Euro tests/ certs) and create demand.

Right now the company on the move seems to be Audi – their latest cars are receiving rave reviews, they have publicly said they will develop on UK roads and they are open about taking on BMW as the ‘drivers’ option.

For me it should be Lexus, but they don’t seem interested.

I would agree with the 330 as a hairdressers car, as my hairdresser drives one! (its park opps my IS300 right now :) )

I wouldnt swap my IS300 for a 250 unless it was a very special deal... I had one for a day yesterday and gave it a good outing... no where near as engaging as my 300, the toys are nice, but the car is too closed in, small windows all sorts of little niggles, too many to let me spend the money on buying it at the moment.

I would agree with the 330 as a hairdressers car, as my hairdresser drives one! (its park opps my IS300 right now :) )

I wouldnt swap my IS300 for a 250 unless it was a very special deal... I had one for a day yesterday and gave it a good outing... no where near as engaging as my 300, the toys are nice, but the car is too closed in, small windows all sorts of little niggles, too many to let me spend the money on buying it at the moment.

what !! .......you have a hairdresser :lol:

the issue of engines and models has nothing to do with Toyota or lexus japan, the blame stands truely at the feet of Lexus GB and in some small part lexus Europe.

it is totally lexus Gb who chose not to bring the IS300 to the Uk as a manual

the issue of engines and models has nothing to do with Toyota or lexus japan, the blame stands truely at the feet of Lexus GB and in some small part lexus Europe.

If this is the case, then surely Lexus GB, should, perhaps monitor this forum, as a window to what the majority of Lexus owners require, and act accordingly.

After all if Lexus GB and Lexus Europe were to monitor, both LOC UK and LOC Europe, it would be to their long term advantage by acting on what the average Lexus owner requires, by expanding the range of cars, and giving a manual gearbox as option on some models.

If this is the case, then surely Lexus GB, should, perhaps monitor this forum, as a window to what the majority of Lexus owners require, and act accordingly.

After all if Lexus GB and Lexus Europe were to monitor, both LOC UK and LOC Europe, it would be to their long term advantage by acting on what the average Lexus owner requires, by expanding the range of cars, and giving a manual gearbox as option on some models.

they do monitor this site peter......so its baffling why they dont take notice

Edited by Monster-Mat

they do monitor this site peter......so its baffling why they dont take notice

Mind boggling comes to mind Mat

Sold!

Out of interest, anyone know/hazzard a guess how much it would cost overall to actualy import a brand new IS350 from Japan then? :duh:

D.

I asked the excact same thing when I bought My IS250. I don't know the prices in Sterling or USD, but in Euro's it was mindboggling. Just to "get it over here" from the states would cost you 70 to 80k's. And that's without the profit the exporter and importer would add. This is inclusive taxes (BPM and BTW in holland).

If you ask me if the IS250 is too slow? maybe so but dont fetch a 350 but wait for the 500. It will come since Lexus wants to wipe Audi and BMW of the charts. Well, they've got my vote! B)

Although I'd welcome the IS500, I don't really see the point. If Lexus are pitching at the next gen M3 and the current RS4 then good luck....it will have to be a helluva car to take on badge snobbery and established sport heritage, and it will cost over £50K.

You'll then have the flagship model, then a big, big gap to the IS250. Contrast to how BMW do business, new and old engines overlap due to model cycles ( 3 series, 5 series) and the engines interchange with each model be it 3er, 5er, X3, X5, Z4, etc. So the 3 series hierarchy goes like;

Next M3, 400+ bhp

335i, 300+ bhp

330i, 272 bhp

325i, 218 bhp

320i, 150 bhp

then the rest

MB's, BMW and Audi seem to be doing it right. I have no idea what Lexus are up to.

Although I'd welcome the IS500, I don't really see the point. If Lexus are pitching at the next gen M3 and the current RS4 then good luck....it will have to be a helluva car to take on badge snobbery and established sport heritage, and it will cost over £50K.

You'll then have the flagship model, then a big, big gap to the IS250. Contrast to how BMW do business, new and old engines overlap due to model cycles ( 3 series, 5 series) and the engines interchange with each model be it 3er, 5er, X3, X5, Z4, etc. So the 3 series hierarchy goes like;

Next M3, 400+ bhp

335i, 300+ bhp

330i, 272 bhp

325i, 218 bhp

320i, 150 bhp

then the rest

MB's, BMW and Audi seem to be doing it right. I have no idea what Lexus are up to.

Lexus are going for refinement which neither BMW or Audi can come close to. Mercedes make a small effort towards tunning the cars with their AMG devision but not in the same league as the speed the Audi's or BMWs push and again still going towards luxury and refinement.

I know if I was spending £30k - 40k+ for a fas/sports car, it would not be any of the Audi's or BMWs. Porsche everytime dare I say, purely as their are less on the roads and hold the value better.

If you look at the Lexus story so far, they don't seem to be rushing things! Who knows what the future holds for Lexus, remember its owned by the richest car company in the world! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links