Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Drive Differently

peter026

I picked Alison up the other evening from work, in my work vehicle, a Hilux Surf, and on the way home she said, that when I am driving the 4X4, my driving is more aggressive, than when driving the Lexus.

Now thinking about it she is, as usual correct :D . I can't explain why, perhaps it is because I am higher up than normal, can anyone explain why?

Does any one else drive differently when driving other vehicles, than when you are driving your Lexus.

An intriguing thought. Something for Dr Evil explain :)

I definately drive my work van more aggressively. Probably because I don't own it myself and that I'm either in a hurry to get to work or to get home.

Its also a white van so I leave my brain behind before I enter the vehicle :lol:

When driving somebody elses car though, such as a friend or girlfriend then I tend to take as much care as I would do in mine. Probably not as fast though.

I picked Alison up the other evening from work, in my work vehicle, a Hilux Surf, and on the way home she said, that when I am driving the 4X4, my driving is more aggressive, than when driving the Lexus.

Now thinking about it she is, as usual correct :D . I can't explain why, perhaps it is because I am higher up than normal, can anyone explain why?

Does any one else drive differently when driving other vehicles, than when you are driving your Lexus.

An intriguing thought. Something for Dr Evil explain :)

I drive hire cars hard probably because I want a short a journey as possible so I can get out of the thing...Hertz Ford Focus usually if I'm in the UK, but have to admit to being overtaken by a Renault Clio and a White van man yesterday while I was 'pottering' along in the Lexus at 45 mph in a 50 mph limit on the Tewkesbury road out of Gloucester. So to answer your question, I'm definitely less agressive and chilled in the Lex. :driving:

good question :)

hire cars are designed to be driven hard :lol:

i dont believe i drive any of my cars different, but i do drive different depending on who is in the car

if my mum is in there, its 30 mph all the way......i cant stand the nagging otherwise !!

my daughter tends to moan if i put my foot down, or dont indicate, or dont look in my mirror......etc etc, cant you tell she hasnt long passed her test :lol:

When I'm driving my Girlfriends Clio or anyone else's car I drive very carefully, although I do get told I'm reving it too high sometimes. My excuse is it's a 1.2i so you have to rev it a bit to get anywhere.

When I'm in the Lex I'm carefull and relaxed although I do like a good blast when there is hardly anything on the road, don't we all? :winky:

I don't bother to give way to 4x4/People Carrier drivers as most of them just drive straight at you to which I repay the favour, you'd be suprised how many of them move out of the way.

I drive my IS220d differently to how I drove my IS200. The handling, lack of a fat exhaust etc make it a bit less involving to drive but its smoother, quieter more relaxing. Before I drove like a nutter sometimes, now I find myself setting the cruise control to 70 and just wafting along listening to something mellow on the stereo.

I can't stand driving other peoples cars I constantly thinkin can't do this cant do that... where as in my car I'm very comfortable.. maybe I was a little to comfortable hence my acciedent still not got it back 2months so far... dam it

It's an interesting question. I don't drive other cars very often these days, but I have noticed that I respond to other drivers. If I am in traffic that is aggressive (e.g. southbound on the M1 close to London on a Sunday evening) I fight back. Given a relaxed situation, I too tend to be relaxed.

For example, I did a 25 minute drive home from a club this evening; clear conditions; very light traffic and chatting to my sister all the way on the excellent hands-free system. I doubt if I ever got closer than five or ten miles an hour to the speed limit and I seemed to be home in no time at all.

i definately drive my Navara D40 differently to the lexus, knowing that i can bang into a kerb without scuffing the rim at 40mph tends to stop you from driving miles away from the edge of the road...

Plus i do tend to just drive @ people rather than approach them... move or get squashed.... but in the lex i get really ****** if people drive too close.. have been known to stop the car in the middle of the road when i get tailgaiters (but only when i cant see their front lights any more.

And remind them politely to F*$k off...

i definately drive my Navara D40 differently to the lexus, knowing that i can bang into a kerb without scuffing the rim at 40mph tends to stop you from driving miles away from the edge of the road...

Plus i do tend to just drive @ people rather than approach them... move or get squashed.... but in the lex i get really ****** if people drive too close.. have been known to stop the car in the middle of the road when i get tailgaiters (but only when i cant see their front lights any more.

And remind them politely to F*$k off...

"have been known to stop the car in the middle of the road when i get tailgaiters (but only when i cant see their front lights any more.

And remind them politely to F*$k off..."

Good for you, I feel like doing that sometimes. I usually turn on my side lights they tend to break rather quickly when you do that.

Relax!! In an LS400!!

Just taken the Saxo VTS for a test drive (It's for sale folks!! 75K miles....only £2K. check eBay!!) and I certainly zip a bit more in that.

But I prefer the cruising mode of the armchair on wheels! B)

Or the fun of my Nissan S-Cargo --" The Snail"!!! :whistling:

Speaking of the tailgating, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I too am VERY prone to coming to a complete stop if people are too close e.t.c. I also used the brake light trick once....the guy was parked in my rear seat fag lighter and so I switched on my lights to simulate braking - he must have panicked and slammed on his brakes - it was on a dual carriage way at 70 in the damp but not raining...he sent himself into a spin and ended up reversing across the lanes and backwards up a steep grass bank. too scared to stop in case he got out and gave me 'what for' I legged it. I was 18 at the time and invincible.

Now 18 years later I drive my Lexus so slowly I smile to myself when the boy racers tank passed in their Clio with a dustbin lid sized exhaust and a 'supped up' stereo far inferior to my standard Levinson in my 56 Lexus 220d SE with multimedia.

Don’t think I’ll need to get annoyed with drivers now – I’m so chilled driving I just let it all go by….so far !!!

in

I drive my pick up in the woods like a rally super star

I drive my Lexus like a dad (until I get the NOS fitted anyway)

I drive my motorbike like I hate my knees

I drive the wifes car like I drive the wife (not often enough)

And my sons cosworth like ,,, well make up your own mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfHZHPb8iE

Could the reason we all drive sensibly/slower/courteously in our own Lexus than in any other brand of car be because they are so comfortable and relaxing and generally just a good place to be?

I think so, 'coz when I want to drive like a teenager I take the wifes MX5 out for a thrash-stainless Magnex system and lowered 40mm-unfortunately I feel like a pensioner when I get out but it is fun with the top down.

Even better on the Harley though.

I drive my pick up in the woods like a rally super star

I drive my Lexus like a dad (until I get the NOS fitted anyway)

I drive my motorbike like I hate my knees

I drive the wifes car like I drive the wife (not often enough)

And my sons cosworth like ,,, well make up your own mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfHZHPb8iE

Ian, intresting video, I take it your son lives in Cornwall as well, as they hedges looked damn Cornish!!

Looked like Helston / Penzance way to me...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links