Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Donnington Meet

mardibloke

:D

Was great to meet a few people, and see the various cars, always gives you ideas and tips for both the expensive and inexpensive !

A few pictures are available here, if anyone wants full size drop me an email.

Look forward to the next one, especially if we could get together for a track day.

kif_0201_std.jpg

Donny meet was great today, except for it being a little cold.

Highlight of the day had to be the Ferrari crash on the track :duh: Felt a bit sorry for the bloke :(

Johnny and Simon took some piccies, hope to see them soon.

nice pics.. especially the close up of the back end...

What camera did you use for that rod?

SWMBO little compact camera - its a Kyocera S5 - just in full auto mode for those snaps.

Handy as she always has it in her handbag.

Highlight of the day had to be the Ferrari crash on the track :duh: Felt a bit sorry for the bloke  :(

Did you get any pictures of that? What happened?

Johnny and Simon took some pictures. :P

The Ferrari bloke just totally lost it coming round the corner onto the home straight. Spun it 180 deg. and smacked sideways into a concrete wall. Had some front and back end damage.

The bloke walked away fine :)

Highlight of the day had to be the Ferrari crash on the track :duh: Felt a bit sorry for the bloke  :(

Did you get any pictures of that? What happened?

Johnny and Simon took some pictures. :P

The Ferrari bloke just totally lost it coming round the corner onto the home straight. Spun it 180 deg. and smacked sideways into a concrete wall. Had some front and back end damage.

The bloke walked away fine :)

Well known place to loose it, a little too fast through the esses onto main straight, things get out of shape, a little wiggle, and almost always ends up with contact with the pit wall. The rari managed to use two corners of the car to slow down, apparently not as bad as it first looks. Guy was really relaxed about it, and he was insured.

Rare on a Bookatrack day to have many off's, they keep the numbers down, and don't tollerate nutters. If you stood around most of the day, you will have noticed how few red flags and stoppages compared to maybe other track day companies [;)]

Enjoyed the day, and it was great meeting you all. Thanks for the ride in your motor Andy. The TTE Coilover set has got me thinking. A cost effective and worthwhile mod I think. Rod's pictures are great, and I hope to see your pictures of the Ferarri, Si and Johnny. It was certainly one of the talking points of the day!

Sorry- but i was dissapointed with the whole event. Might as well have had it at the local BK.

We were the first to arrive, that is my wife and two guests. Seven cars in all turned up, we stood around and have a look under some bonnets and in some boots, one of my guests was spoken to quite roodly for asking about the legal requirement of a spare tyre instead of a sub-woofer!

We then decided to go and have a look around the Museum (i thought that was why this site was chosen) and when we came out- everyone had dissapeared, not even a note to say where they had gone. We decided to have a bite to eat and then head home and luckiliy we found most of the members at the service station having a BK. We sat down to eat our and everyone got up and left, walked right by us-charming!

So we had a look at the planes at EM airport which one of my guests happy and then came home.

And what made it worse- Man United lost and i had to listen to the banter from an ****nal supporter all the way home :crybaby:

I'm sorry to hear of your problems at the Donnington meet Jim,I can asure you that all the meets I've been to have all friendly and fun.It's a shame that I couldn't get there before 2.30 because of work commitments cause at least there would have been one person you knew

Chris

Sorry- but i was dissapointed with the whole event. Might as well ......

I have to agree with many of your comments.

I did try and say hello to everybody, and show an interest in other peoples cars, no matter how clean/modified they were. Certainly you have to speak up - although your guest did try. I get the feeling Simon has been asked many times about his "spare" and took things the wrong way. Not sure I would want to be without a spare, legal or not.

I confess I could only stay an hour or so as had promised to go see some friends at the BookaTrack track day, and then on to the hell that is Ikea. I think everyone else wondered around to see the track day, and then off to the services. I am sure they just didn't recognise you in the services.

Yes it was wrong to move away from the planned meeting point, but as I say, it was rather chilly, and we must have been there for a good 90 minutes.

If the club wants to grow, and meetings to get bigger, there is a need to cater for all types of owners. The common theme is that we all love our cars. Some people will want to keep 100% standard others will have lots of plans, many people in the middle.

Changing to a Sunday will help as I am sure more people can make that, but pushing the time to midday would help people arriving from places further away, those that want to wash and polish and those that just need beauty sleep ;)

Once we head into the summer it will help, as it was bloody freezing.

Although the venue was a good idea ( plenty of parking, easy to get to ), it would have been handy to have food and toilet facilites.

While the meetings are small in number ( and perfectly formed :P ), could we not piggy back onto other Jap car meetings. That way there should be other things to do / see.

Hi Wallace.

Very sorry about the Donny meet. This was my first big meet. I did get a chance to speak to you and everyone else. I'm not sure what happened, but after a while standing around in the bitter cold we decided the head off towards the track. I wrongly assumed everyone was heading that way so didn't think about double checking.

I never saw you or your guests at the services and no one mentioned that they saw you either. Sorry once again for your experiences at Donny and hope to see you at the next one.

hear hear

may i point you all to the mega meet i am trying to sort out for next year it is aimed ast us erm ... family types (in gold at the mo but i must get something in the normal forums soon (claire?)

Yeah, Matt, I was thinking about that too! It's on my list, I'll get it into the main forums asap.

Do you reckon we should avoid Donny as a meet place or just ensure it's a Summer meet next time? It's good to get some feedback.

Wallace, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. Can you make it to Gaydon on 23rd March - it'll be a bigger meet, good facilities and a museum too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk