Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Outrageous Attack On The Poor?

Chris Skelton

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/we-cant-t...r-p-now-82.html

Look on here to cast your vote against Petrol Price rise coming next week, courtesy of our lovely new Chancellor, the darling Mr Darling! Petrol actually COSTS about 35p a litre, the rest is TAX!! Go figure, as our US cousins put it!

We all grumble about price increases.... but at the end of the day, we all have to pay it.

My relations have just come back from Alcoodia... and had to do a double take on a petrol station there... they couldn't believe the price.. €0.23 (cents) about 16p a litre.

rip off Britain eh?

John

p.s. and a friend in Dubai who is on about 25p a gallon !

For what it's worth I've voted.

I'm sure they are working out ways in a government run, publicly funded think tank to tax the air that we breath :-(

Whilst most of our publicly elected MP's line their own pockets and secure massive pensions for themselves we the public continue to get royaly shafted.

Public servants?.....don't make me laugh, more like self servants!

this wont make a difference.

The only thing that will is more blockades...

I second that direct action is the only that will make a difference for a short period of time and like last time they will give in for a bout a month and then increase it back to the same, So we have to spread the word and get the British people to stand up to this Motorist taxation culture.. :tsktsk: :tsktsk: I'm off to write my banner and stand infornt off a forecourt and glue myself to the tarmac :unsure:

This think is they are going toincrease the LPG too. :crybaby::crybaby:

Fidgets is right.... You're wasting your time....

If petrol went up to over $8.50 a gallon in the US there would be stones and petrol bombs thrown in Washington !!

Unfortunately (as always)... us Brits just complain and dig deeper in our pockets and of course this Government (and all others know this)

Dont forget the gov also tax the oil at source. They make a killing form exploration & development before it even hits the pumps. Plus all the tax & VAT on the equipment etc to get the oil out of the ground

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Dont forget the gov also tax the oil at source. They make a killing form exploration & development before it even hits the pumps. Plus all the tax & VAT on the equipment etc to get the oil out of the ground

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Only in the UK though, and there isn't a lot of oil & gas left under the North Sea. Never mind though, you'll be able to go to work offshore in the holiday resorts of Angola, Nigeria and Baku :whistling: .

at the end of the day...

it all goes back down to the price of the barrel and right now.. its high $81 per barrel on some markets

problem is, the price of the barrel is a bit like a stock on an exchange, it goes up and down every hour, so obviously, our forecourts, arent going to send thier staff up and down changing the price labels on thier forecourt stands.

so they set the price of a litre as predictions on a monthly-ish basis, if they predict the price of the barrel is going to shoot up, they will charge us 96p, if it doesnt [cos saddam's brothers uncles grandads nephew died] then they will correct it for us the next month, bringing it down to 95p for instance.

with this new 2p rise, it was said back in april when browny set his little red case.

so we can argue all we like, blockade forecourts, to bring prices down for a month or 2, but at the end of the day, its all down to the likes of OPEC, and with current hostilities in Iraq and Iran, the barrel price is going to keep rising.

one thing im sure is for certain, is the result of the Iraq war will payoff in the next 2-3yrs [along time i know, but it will happen, some are even saying 6yrs], the new Iraqi oil legislation passed in thier new gov, and it is allowing owned subsidaries to venture jointly with foriegn oil companies, giving only 12.5% to Iraqi, the rest to the oil companies, the likes of Royal Dutch Shell have already started moving in. that will in turn bring OPEC's barrel price down to compete and then soon enough, or forecourt price drops [after they payback the armies ofcourse :P ]

thats just my rant, im in that mood :whistling:

Wev'e only recently just paid off the yanks for thier help in WW11 so how long will this war take to pay off?

At the end of the day its not the price of the barrell.......its the tax add ons that this (rip off) country impose on necessities, but as said b4 whatever the price is we (brits) will pay it regardless.

No, Vyker, you're wrong! It's NOT to do with the world oil price.

If you read the earlier bit about 'Alcoodia' (Actually Alcudia) you have to realise that the COST, without added taxation, is very low. DOUBLING world oil prices would only take petrol to -say- 43p a litre.

BUT.

The taxation here is VERY high. And to zap us further they THEN VAT it!

So the-approx 30p litre cost becomes 95p, which is 65p of each litre as TAX!!! Nothing to DO with barrel prices If the oil price goes up a 1p, the TAX will go up an extra 3p! As well.

(these prices are approximate, but the logic ain't!

Someone worked out that we could almost tarmac England if we spent the tax on roads. As it is, the motorist is funding all the rubbish. 'Consultants' getting multi-millions, etc?

We shout about Oil companies making 'huge' profits, but the Government gets MUCH morein reality in tax on fuel. (Usual profit margins are 5-6%!!!)

We get fobbed off by saying it funds Health/Education. But then, what is the 11% 'National Insurance contribution' for?(Plus the 11% Employers pay too!!)

It funds excess I'd say, and laxity. Take a look at Spain and France; look around villages and see how well funded they are compared with our scrappy environments! Everything is done on the cheap, AND contracted out!

Everyone stays home for a week to protest...........

That would be interesting

They say be green.............I have to go to glasgow to work next week

by train its £300 and takes 6 hours each way

ryan air is £100 and its 3 hours each way (driving to stanstead/parking/check in)

Go figure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've always said that too.

Dont think my boss would be impressed though.

thing is we are like a flock of sheep we all moan about it but don't do anything.

same with speed cameras if everryone said k it and refused to pay the system would grind to a halt

with the blockades they can arrest people etc.............if everyone just stays off work for a week what can they do.

either that or try and use public transport to get to work ...............thats a better ideas particulary in the country...........

thing is we are like a flock of sheep we all moan about it but don't do anything.

same with speed cameras if everryone said k it and refused to pay the system would grind to a halt

with the blockades they can arrest people etc.............if everyone just stays off work for a week what can they do.

either that or try and use public transport to get to work ...............thats a better ideas particulary in the country...........

Bhah Bhah, Bhah :hehe: You are right mate and where is the momentum which was built up last time and the lobby group who started the last protest, it woul dbe good to get them back on board and especially the media.

Remember they scuttled the last protest by saying that people were not allowing Ambulances, emergency services to fill up, untrue since we were allowing all emergency services even the coppers who were trying to arrest us to fill up and cart us off for getting to loud etc.. :tomato:

So lets start the ball rolling and block the forecorts and pumping stations + the Tanker stations.. But not the LPG tankers please :blush:

Dibslpg

Bhah Bhah, Bhah :hehe: You are right mate and where is the momentum which was built up last time and the lobby group who started the last protest, it woul dbe good to get them back on board and especially the media.

Remember they scuttled the last protest by saying that people were not allowing Ambulances, emergency services to fill up, untrue since we were allowing all emergency services even the coppers who were trying to arrest us to fill up and cart us off for getting to loud etc.. :tomato:

So lets start the ball rolling and block the forecorts and pumping stations + the Tanker stations.. But not the LPG tankers please :blush:

Dibslpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links