Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Craziest Insurance Quote You Have Ever Received?

maneesh

Haha - I thought 8 grand for a Maserati Quattroporte a few years ago was taking the mickey, but I just went onto an online comparison site and got a quote for a J reg Skyline GTS

Haha - one of the companies wants to charge me £12,806 for 1 years insurance!

Bonkers!

Years ago i asked for insurance on a 1.6 honda ESI and they wouldn't quote me ... and the best bit asked what did i want that for :lol:

Haha and a damn good question it is! :lol:

My worst quote was for the IS a few years ago at £7000 :o

Maneesh mate i'm 36 and i've just had a quote for a Skyline gts-t 1996 running over 300bhp for £480 F/Comp etc? They must of heard about your driving mate for a quote like that :D :lol: (only joking mate) :D I pay £342 f/comp for my is200 and the highest quote i've had in years was for an Evo 6 at £1,275 and that was last week :o

id like to pay £350 on my is200 im 20 with 1 years ncb and i pay £1400 a year fully comp but is well good compaired when i first got in at 19years old £2650 fully comp with no ncb

Sorry to go :offtopic: for a sec, but is it just the photo or does your IS have a special paintjob?

id like to pay £350 on my is200 im 20 with 1 years ncb and i pay £1400 a year fully comp but is well good compaired when i first got in at 19years old £2650 fully comp with no ncb

Sorry to go :offtopic: for a sec, but is it just the photo or does your IS have a special paintjob?

:offtopic: i've seen a couple of IS's in that colour in the past 2 wks either on Auto trader and on eBay one was a sportcross?? Quite like it though :D

was shopping around for renewal insurance for my IS last november. Norwich Unions 'quote me happy' quoted me just over £6000!???

opted for Direct Line, which was a shade over £700

I can't even come close. I had a quote from Budget for a G reg Renault 5 once for £2500 when I was 17, that's about as bad as it gets. My current insurance fully comp on my Lexus is £300 p/a with zero excess.

I've always found Norwich Unions 'quote me happy' to be so ludicrously expensive too!!

Well i put my Lex (supercharged and all) into confused.com and NOT ONE company will quote me online! (23, 1 year NCB.)

Had quotes of £5k+ as i did also on my modded Celica aged 19!

In the end i got £1600 FPFT back on the Celica, falling to £700 fully comp last year.

Currently pay £111 per month, with all mods declared, fully comp on the Lex.

Got an R6 for the summer, need to insure that soon. Uhm... 23, new bike licence, no experience, 750 bhp per ton!!! Should be fun!

My MK2 Golf GTi 16v i was paying £2500 as only a named driver on my dad's insurance!! They then asked for the renewal in the 2nd year with 1yrs NCB at £8000, which i didnt pay lol

Got an R6 for the summer, need to insure that soon. Uhm... 23, new bike licence, no experience, 750 bhp per ton!!! Should be fun!

Try H&R Insurance for the bike, or Express Insurance. They were pretty good when I started biking - though I had an ER-5 at first, then an SV650 and didn't get my R6 until I already had 4 years no claims.

Another good place is Motorcycle Direct, they are fairly cheap too. All these can be Googled very easily...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links