Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

It's Happened Yet Again

:crybaby: I am getting really peeved off at the moment, second time my car has being hit, first time was a couple of months ago to the rear wing, that was a hit and run. Got it fixed and looked like new again. Well today some pratt has reversed into my rear drivers side door. Luckily for me I was stood next to my car and could not belive it when he just kept reversing and wallop, my pride has being hurt yet again.

The driver got out and said he didn't see it and I should have told him he was close to it.. then told me I should not have being parked there and to my suprise told me that I should not even park there, where else am I to park when I go to see my mother.. :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Anyway he has told me to get a quote and not to go through the insurance. Obviously I have informed my insurance of the situation to cover my back.

I popped off to lexus and low and behold they reckon it will need a new door skin, £800, me thinks he won't cough that up so it may have to go through the insurance. If he argues with that then tough as I had a dent free car when I arrived and want a dent free car back.

God I am so f :tsktsk: ed off.

Time for a stella or six...

so my car has being hit twice in a short time so now I await the third as things happen in threes.

Rant over, I'm off for a beer now. :whistling:

That is really annoying, feel for you there.

I hope you told him to **** off when he came out with all that rubbish after just hitting your car. It's nobody's fault but his own. If he wasn't happy with where you were parked why didn't he ask you to move before he tried to reverse.

Hope it all gets fixed up nice.

I spoke to my insurance and they say it does not matter how and where it was parked, as the car was left unattended he has not got a leg to stand on. he reversed into a car so it is downt to him. The damage is not too bad but I can see it everytime I go out. A very slight dent but the paint has cracked. When you look down the side of the car you can see the door has been pushed in so that is why it needs a new door skin..

I am glad I was there as I think it would have being another hit and run.

will keep you informed of the outcome

Sorry to hear that mate, does sound a pain, what a moron, sounds like he should invest in some parking sensors :tsktsk:

Hope you get it sorted with no trouble.......how exactly was it parked for him to complain about it?

Similar thing happened to me, sounds like he is trying to push the liability on to you. If hes has not accepted liability and you do not recieve something to this effect in writing from his insurer you deffo need to get your insurance company on the case IMO. You're lucky you were there I got left with a cracked front bumper and a fake number in my wiper!

Gutted for you mate, hope you get it sorted,

If he argues get some pictures of the area, where you parked etc to make sure he cant argue.

Stav

i know how you feel mate its a total pain in the arse.

Ouich!

Plonker :angry: , he must of known your car was there that's what mirrors are for he just wasn't paying attention as for trying to pass the buck he's screwed he hit you plain and simple his fault, personally i'd have decked him but that's just me probably better you didn't tho :whistling:

Sorry to hear that mate, does sound a pain, what a moron, sounds like he should invest in some parking sensors :tsktsk:

Hope you get it sorted with no trouble.......how exactly was it parked for him to complain about it?

I was 15ft away from his car and parked accross so if he looked in either mirror he knew I was there and before he got into his car he would of knew I was there. It was in a small culdesac.

What I could not understand is that I would of reversed to my left but he went to his right so he would of seen my car in both mirrorrs then but obviously not.

He knows I always park there if there is no space in the relevent slots and I have seen him park there too.

Yes the thought did cross my mind to deck him but then nothing would get sorted then.

I will try and get a pic in the morning and figure out how to put on here.

so my car has being hit twice in a short time so now I await the third as things happen in threes.

Ouch! Gutted.

Don't worry mate, I always work in them happening in two's. The beginning one and the end one. Its the end now so no more - you've had your share.

Enjoy the beer.

Ouch! Gutted.

Don't worry mate, I always work in them happening in two's. The beginning one and the end one. Its the end now so no more - you've had your share.

Enjoy the beer.

mine happens in 3's :crybaby:

Ouch! Gutted.

Enjoy the beer.

mine happens in 3's :crybaby:

omfg what a bummer did u hit him, im gutted 4 u

I've not hit him yet, just got another quote from a gartage that someone recommended so I will be going round to see him and wanting some pictures of the queen before I go ahead with it and if not I will just let the insurance sort it,

Did you have a good holiday and where is my stick of rock? :whistling:

omfg what a bummer did u hit him, im gutted 4 u

I've not hit him yet, just got another quote from a gartage that someone recommended so I will be going round to see him and wanting some pictures of the queen before I go ahead with it and if not I will just let the insurance sort it,

Did you have a good holiday and where is my stick of rock? :whistling:

Yes thanx but didnt c any rock lol :lol:

Hope he sticks by his word & sees u rite

well here is an update, Lexus want to charge £934 for a very small dent, hardly that noticable with all the dirt on the car, will not wash it till it is fixed, only coz I can't see it.. Anyway they reckon a new door skin but I don'r want a door skin, the ding is under the rubber strip on the door. So I have being to a recommended garage, he's had a look and has quoted £200, so off I went back to the pratt who hit my car and told him £350, the extra is for the inconvenience and to get the front end stone chips done in the spring..

He still thinks I parked in the wrong place but I got his money now. Got to book it in asap as the paint has got a crack in it so must be sorted before they start using that nice stuff they call salt on the roads..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links