Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Look At This! A Nearly New Ls400

In a typical browse on autotrader, I came across this LS400 - looks mint with an unbelieveable low mileage. Is this the best ever I wonder?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303255942723/sort/default/usedcars/model/ls/make/lexus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/page/4/postcode/pe113af?logcode=p

Enjoy!

From the service stamps it would appear to be an previous IOM registered vehicle hence the low mileage. Does look in excellent order but whether it is worth the asking price I'm unsure.

There certainly won't be a trail of MOT certificates as one isn't needed on the Island.

The price is on the high side, considering what most are going for at the moment....would be interesting to see how long it is on the website for :outforcount:

IoM owned! that explains the low mileage & the car looks the part hardly used Price is bit off putting but its still worth more than the current LS's that are up for sale & I include MK IV's

If the car has been on the Isle of Man most of it's life, I wouldn't like to think what the salt air has done to the metalwork, I lived on a Scottish Island for some years, and know first-hand what the climate does to even the best quality cars, regardless of rust prevention measures.Iain.

I dont like car traders. They tend to make out their cars are worth more than they should be. For example on eBay there is a 2000 Ls400 with over 145000 miles on it etc at £2850. Then that must mean my 2000 with just 100383 miles on it etc

Must be worth over £3000.

It's an eye -watering price to ask for any car of that age, regardless of mileage,and, I agree, I also have an aversion to Dealers-I can't quite get the image of Arthur Daley out of my mind......

I'm not keen on car traders either - in September last year I looked at a 2002 plate Audi A8 2.8 Quattro Sport. To all intents and purposes it was picture perfect, fully loaded and had only done 52k miles. A Ford dealer was selling it - there were only two stamps in the service book, cambelt, water pump and tensioners not done plus virtually no history at all. Asking price? £4995 :yahoo: Realistic prices for these with that kind of mileage are around £2500 - £3000 for the very best.

Apparently the previous owner was a retired gentleman who bought it as a retirement present to himself and then traded it in for a brand new Ford Kuga, the salesman said 'oh he always looks after his cars'. Yep they were on funny pills at that particular dealership and I walked away quickly.

No wonder Dealers are called 'Stealers' :D

They are all a bunch of thieves.

On another note its a good job you didnt buy the Audi A8 as as Audi are known for having issues with their automatic gearboxes.

I'd prefer my 100.000 miler at sensible money, thanks.

Apart from exceptionally low miles not necessarily being a good thing, I'm happier running a car I can use anywhere without worrying about the odd parking scar.

After a years motoring, it owes me nothing, so if it went bang in an expensive way, I could break/scrap it, and buy another.

They are all a bunch of thieves.

On another note its a good job you didnt buy the Audi A8 as as Audi are known for having issues with their automatic gearboxes.

I did my research and thankfully found this out - some cars advertised for sale at the same time I was looking had a mention of this plus a replacement gearbox. Then I discovered Lexus.... :outforcount:

In a typical browse on autotrader, I came across this LS400 - looks mint with an unbelieveable low mileage. Is this the best ever I wonder?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303255942723/sort/default/usedcars/model/ls/make/lexus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/page/4/postcode/pe113af?logcode=p

Enjoy!

hi there, i've just joined this forum today after purchasing an ls400 after much searching, the reason for replying to your topic is that my sister lives on the isle of man and it was her that got me into these when she came over 2 years ago in hers and gave me the keys for a week. i tried the link to the auto trader but the car was no longer available but was wondering if it was the same car ?? the colour of hers was green but looked more like gray to me, it had black leather interior and the mileage was 65000 miles, she sold the car to someone else on the island as at the time i wasn't in a position to buy it off her. was it the same one i wonder ?? cheers Mike.

Enjoy!

hi there, i've just joined this forum today after purchasing an ls400 after much searching, the reason for replying to your topic is that my sister lives on the isle of man and it was her that got me into these when she came over 2 years ago in hers and gave me the keys for a week. i tried the link to the auto trader but the car was no longer available but was wondering if it was the same car ?? the colour of hers was green but looked more like gray to me, it had black leather interior and the mileage was 65000 miles, she sold the car to someone else on the island as at the time i wasn't in a position to buy it off her. was it the same one i wonder ?? cheers Mike.

Hi Mike, Welcome to the LOC forum, we are a friendly and some a very knowledgeable bunch. Most problems can be solved.

We do like to see pictures of members cars to sit and salivate over, yes some of us are a bit weird.

There is an LOC meet on Sunday May 5th, heres a link to it http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/80199-east-midlands-area-meet-sunday-may-5/ Just give Ian your name and how many of you likely to turn up. Enjoy what we've known about for years and that is if its not a Lexus its just a car. Mike

Afternoon, this is my first post although I have been a member of the forum since 2005 when I bought my 1993 LS400. May I say the forum is a great source of information, fortunately, I have been lucky enough to have had no issues with my car. I bought my car from my uncle who bought it new, so it is a 2 owner car from same family. When I got it it had 17000 miles on the clock and it now has 30000 miles. It has full service history and basically looks and drives like new. The interior is unmarked and everything works. I have no idea what it is worth. It doesnt get used during winter and currently is covered up in a heated garage and has been garaged its entire life. I know how special these cars are and in some ways don't want to use it to increase the mileage to go to the shops. So theres the dilema ...use it and risk damaging it....use it occassionally...or leave it to my son to inherit when he is 30 and provides concrete proof that he can drive without causing damage !

Anyway thankyou for all the useful information and banter

VJ

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links