Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

I better give you a heads up on this guy from Dudley in Birmingham, he is now selling an Ls430 for £2000 and has sold numerous other Lexus's, he always makes out they have no mechanical issues etc, but he is misleading his customers, and this particular ls430 he claims has 135000 miles on the clock no service history yet on vosa it states its done over 280000 miles, also he states no mechanical issues, yet it needs a vsc sensor and the passenger rear door needs a new hinge as it doesn't open, and Cambelt hasn't been changed, just thought I'd let you guys know, watch out for him

I'm surprised eBay let him get away with his method of selling.

Basically he sells numerous cars on one classified ad by changing all details when a car sells, to a completely different vehicle, until that sells, then all change again.

Check how many revisions he makes, I noticed because I had one of his auctions saved in my eBay, everytime I checked it was a different item, I thought I was going nuts, until I twigged what he was up to.

In fairness, a couple of his cars have looked good, but I'd certainly be cautious, as with most traders.

I don't really like traders, I don't trust them, I mean you might find 1 or 2 that are honest, but he certainly isn't, he comes across really arrogant aswell. He sold a friend of mine an ls400 claiming it had no issues, and drove smooth etc, that friend of mine came all the way down from Bolton to view it. I did tell him not to bother, but my friend wouldn't listen, so when he saw it, first of all it had dents on the drivers door, and it needed wheel bearings.

As my life has moved on, one of the things that I've learnt is that a good private car sale is infinitely preferable to buying from a dealer. As they say on a watch forum I'm part of, you always buy the seller (particularly true in an online purchase but also true in this context I think).

• Like 1

You aint wrong if you put this "Lexus LS430 B16XUS" into Google up come all the historic adverts showing that she did indeed show a galactic 280K miles on her. Mike

Told ya, not only that, but it tells you what work it needed doing and to this day the work hasn't been carried out, yet he makes it sound like it doesn't need any work

ive noticed mileage decrepancies on a ls400 last week which was on gumtree - the original sellers advert was still there and his advert showed a higher mileage than this guys advert

he has also sold an LS430 in the past which the original seller delcared as cat D however when he put it up there was no mention of this

I've asked him about the service history, he said it hasn't got any service history with it, he didn't even mention the work it needed until I asked if the work has been carried out, he said how did you know about the problem it has? I said to him your misleading customers, he said no I'm not, what a ******

I first asked him what the mileage was on the car and had the cam belt been done reply as follows

"07854067762 142k cambelt done at 90k- adamsprogeny"

I then asked him why there was a mileage discrepency as an older advert shows this car to have done 280,000 miles, his reply as follows

"i bought the car saturday. its got 142 showing on clock & an invoice
for the cambelt change. if u knew the information why did u ask? look at
my feedback, i dont mess ppl around. anyway thanx for yr info & goodbye - adamsprogeny"

I have since asked him why if he bought the car on Sat 3rd August why the the description log shows he was changing details of the car on the 1st August which was Thursday. Haven't heard anything yet. Probably snowed under with the number of inquiries from the LOC members.

These people make me mad and make eBay a rotten place to trade. eBay should do a lot more than they do which is zero?

Mike

• Like 1

I have since asked him why if he bought the car on Sat 3rd August why the the description log shows he was changing details of the car on the 1st August which was Thursday.

See post 2 above for the probable explanation, he was probably changing the vehicle.

I have since asked him why if he bought the car on Sat 3rd August why the the description log shows he was changing details of the car on the 1st August which was Thursday.

See post 2 above for the probable explanation, he was probably changing the vehicle.

He was still doing that 2 days before he bought the car.

I have had no replies to my queries so I assume he realises the Lexus Mafia are onto him Mike

He was still changing it 2 days before he bought the car.

I haven't received and reply to my email so he must know the Lexus Mafia are onto him. Mike

Sorry for the duplication. Mike

I have had no replies to my queries so I assume he realises the Lexus Mafia are onto him Mike

Yes, but he changes cars on the same classified ad, as one sells, he changes all details to a completely different vehicle.

So the change you refer to may well be for a different car.

Here is a link to an earlier auction of his, check how many revisions he made.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300914205146?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Link to revisions list

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p2047675.l2569&rt=nc&item=300914205146

Yes, but he changes cars on the same classified ad, as one sells, he changes all details to a completely different vehicle.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300914205146?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Link to revisions list

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p2047675.l2569&rt=nc&item=300914205146

I see what you mean. How do these people get away with it? I made one mistake sometime ago now cant even remember what it was but they cancelled the item and still made me pay for the listing, yet these criminal types go on, they pull every scam in the book and nothing ever seems to happen to them.

Mike

Link to revisions list

I see what you mean. How do these people get away with it? I made one mistake sometime ago now cant even remember what it was but they cancelled the item and still made me pay for the listing, yet these criminal types go on, they pull every scam in the book and nothing ever seems to happen to them.

Mike

Checking on eBay rules it seems you can change anything within the listing except the selling format. Mike

Classified Ad listings

What you can change on a Classified Ad listing depends on how long is left before the listing ends.

If there are more than 12 hours left, you can:

• Change any information except the selling format

• Change the category, provided that the insertion fees are the same

If there are less than 12 hours left, you can:

• Change any information except the selling format

• Change some item specifics, but not the category

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links