Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Had Argument With Lorry

Claire G

Oh joy of joys...some kind lorry has smacked the :tsktsk: out of my IS200 this morning.

I wish the stupid :tsktsk: had picked on someone his own size.

Got my insurance through Gold, so will find out today what they're really like. Silly :tsktsk: lorry driver's blaming me though.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Claire,

Keep your Spirits up. Remember the golden rule. NEVER admit liability. thats probly what the :tsktsk: ing driver of the lorry is thinking.

THE TRUTH WILL OUT!

Hope the Lexus insurance peeps don't do make your drive around in a nissan micra though. that always my bugbear about insurance... still not claimed for that :tsktsk: bmw that hit me in Swindon... really ought to.

The car isn't drivable as the nearside rear wheel arch has been smashed and torn and is now only a few mm off the rear wheel. The back passenger door is badly scraped and dented and the rear alloy and bumper is scuffed.

Just come off the phone to the insurance company. . Just waiting for the call from the Lexus bodyshop - Jemca on the Edgware Road - to see when they can collect the car to start work on it. I can't get a courtesy car until they collect mine, so I hope it's soon.

Still really :tsktsk: off, but relieved it's only metal and no one's been hurt. Well, the lorry driver probably scraped his knuckles as they were dragging on the ground (not a reflection on ALL lorry drivers, just this particular specimen - he was rude and obnoxious.)

Sorry to hear the bad news - hope you and any passengers are all ok.

You always end up thinking why me? Why my car? And it always leaves you fidgety and unsettled when it happens.

Here's hoping you get it sorted quickly - and if you need any witnesses to come forward in your favour, just let us know... :whistling::shifty: :winky:

Thanks, someone at work said that.

Insurance company:

"Mrs Grove, were there any witnesses to this incident?"

Me:

"Er, yes, six of my colleagues just happened to be passing by just at the moment of the accident. What a coincidence, there was a convoy of eighty Lexus drivers sauntering down the Bath Road too. They've all given me contact details..."

:lol:

is it me or does everyone think that lorry drivers are generally courteous. its the white van types that are the real t*ats.

Again, Yup!

the Gulf between Van driver and PRofessional Lorry Driver is about the size of the suize canal!

But astra Van man is still the biggest t*at going!

If I was in charge of Vauxhall Marketing I would demand that they stop making Astra Vansans recall ALL those sold. the image must do more damage to their public image than Coke did to Daniella Westbrook's nose!

:angry:

Thanks, someone at work said that.

Insurance company:

"Mrs Grove, were there any witnesses to this incident?"

Me:

"Er, yes, six of my colleagues just happened to be passing by just at the moment of the accident. What a coincidence, there was a convoy of eighty Lexus drivers sauntering down the Bath Road too. They've all given me contact details..."

:lol:

Insurance company:

Eighty Lexus! thats strange, you only usually see one or two

Claire:

Yeah, I guess it must of been one of those clubs or something?

Insurance company:

hmmm... did you forget that you got your insurance under the LOC discount scheme

Claire:

erm... :whistling:

Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear about your run in with the Lorry, hope you get everything sorted out soon. Hopefully they'll give you a nice run-around while your's is in for repairs.

At least it was not a write-Off, and no-one was to badly shaken.

Paul

It doesn't look good at the moment :angry: The driver hasn't contacted his insurer as yet, so mine can't establish liability and can't get me a hire car yet.

The person I spoke to at my insurer was good but has given me a worst case scenario - that the driver will lie about the circumstances of the accident and blame me. As I haven't any witnesses, if that does happen they are likely to settle as a 50/50 claim and I will be held partly liable, lose my excess and it'll be on my insurance that I had an 'at-fault' claim.

Why do I sorely doubt this guy will do the honest thing. I'm :tsktsk: livid.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links