Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Done More Than 155mph ?

PSC

We would be interested to know too..............how fast has anyone pushed the SC430 to and why the restriction at 155 mph is this just our government policy? :question:

I believe 155 mph is a 'voluntary' restriction agreed by some car manufacturers. The intent is to prempt a legally imposed limit.

Obviously not all manfacturers play ball :ph34r:, but the more mainstream ones seem to.

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it was the germans that set this as a limit to their cars to prevent them from getting into a "my car goes faster than yours" competition.. :lol:

I think they were afraid that people wouldnt' be able to control 600 bhp saloons that do 300+kph... I wonder why? :lol:

So instead they're now in a bhp and 0-60 race, which is just fine with me! If only I could afford a Jag XJR.... :(

• 2 years later...
Self imposed limit - yes

Reason it is 155 is the kph equivalent - 300kph

Well that was almost interesting 

186 MPH is 300KPH, and it's the bike manufacturers which are capping it to that speed as they too were scared of getting compulsory speed restrictors. More than 1 bike manufacturer said the 186MPH voluntary limit was "for safety" (as obviously you'll be fine if you fall off at 186MPH, above this speed you may get hurt.)

Just a theory but I believe the self-imposed 155MPH limit for most cars is down to revenue collection and government fascists, as over this speed gatso's seem to be unable to capture you on camera.

Not that i'd ever try this theory on my Fireblade :whistling:

This is what you need:

TTE V-Max Kit

Electronic removal of the 250 km/h speed limiter

TÜV approved top speed 267 km/h

No change of the electronic engine management

Three years warranty on the kit

Incl. TÜV approval (only in combination with "Y"-tyres)

And we can supply it... :)

PM me for more details.

Self imposed limit - yes

Reason it is 155 is the kph equivalent - 300kph

Well that was almost interesting 

186 MPH is 300KPH, and it's the bike manufacturers which are capping it to that speed as they too were scared of getting compulsory speed restrictors. More than 1 bike manufacturer said the 186MPH voluntary limit was "for safety" (as obviously you'll be fine if you fall off at 186MPH, above this speed you may get hurt.)

Just a theory but I believe the self-imposed 155MPH limit for most cars is down to revenue collection and government fascists, as over this speed gatso's seem to be unable to capture you on camera.

Not that i'd ever try this theory on my Fireblade :whistling:

Gatso's can measure up to 170mph if i'm not mistaken. :huh:

• 2 months later...
thought speed cameras werent able to measure above 150 ish. due to shutter speed.

They tested it on television ....... and it's actually anything over 170 mph.

However, most of them don't flash over 90mph.

I have been through so many (whilst at work) .......... and not a sausage !

Believe it or not, I coaxed out 155mph on my Series 1 LS400 on more than one occasion, then the fuel supply cuts off.

I believe early Series 1s have been known to touch 160-165 de-restricted. At those speeds, it's aerodynamics that count for a lot!

Regarding speed cameras, you need to be able to do 176mph or faster in order to outwit the flash on the regular Gatsos.

155mph as a limit translates easily to 250km/h, for our Continental and Japanese cousins.

The TT supe manages speeds in excess of 180. The N/A is good for just under 150 with the 230 BHP GE engine so dependent on power output (I think is somewhere between the 230 of the na and the 320 of the TT) I expect its top end is going to be somewhere between the supes NA and TT's.

Mines managed 167 that I saw on my speedo which is calibrated very well using thors magic box and GPS and a confirmed 148 on a speed gun on the same day at an airfield.

Gatso's can measure up to 170mph if i'm not mistaken.  :huh:

Take a look at this, it's the guts out of a Gatso (and no I didn't steal it!)...

livegatso-front.jpg

livegatso-back.jpg

Note the range (easiest to see in the bottom picture) - 20-250km/h, 13-156mph

Gatso's can measure up to 170mph if i'm not mistaken.  :huh:

Take a look at this, it's the guts out of a Gatso (and no I didn't steal it!)...

livegatso-front.jpg

livegatso-back.jpg

Note the range (easiest to see in the bottom picture) - 20-250km/h, 13-156mph

i've been struggling to get over a 120mph off the GS and was wondering if its gear ratio or restricted in some way as i have tons of revs left on the counter think its just going thru 5k revs at the 120 point. Its frustrating as i had 160 mph out of my old alpina granted it was a slight downslope that aided it but would have thought the GS could get close

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links