Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scumbags

Early hours of Sunday morning some toe rag decided to throw a rock through my my kitchen door window and make of with my keys and then took my 8 month old IS200 of the drive, Police recovered the car 12 hours later and I do not think there is to much damage, although I have not the opportunity to see for myself yet.

My question for you guys is what can I realistically expect the insure company to pay for on the damage, will they replace tyres as I am told they may be somewhat lower of tread than when it was taken, also they have not recovered the key therefore will they replace the Immobiliser and supply new keys.

Also will my premium go up the same amout if they had not recovered it and they had to supply me with a new car.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

I think they will have to replace all keys and locks mate. nothing else would be safe. even if they could reprograme the key the tea leaf could still gain entry to your car. Guess its the Lords own work to guess at how much your premium will rise by, I would guess however that it would be less than if there was a total loss on your car. not like they are gonna have to pay out £20 odd k for keys locks and tyres now is it?

ps. where did this happen. so we can map the crime wave in the north. Manchester first, now Leeds, is it?

Loz

I think they will have to replace all keys and locks mate. nothing else would be safe. even if they could reprograme the key the tea leaf could still gain entry to your car. Guess its the Lords own work to guess at how much your premium will rise by, I would guess however that it would be less than if there was a total loss on your car. not like they are gonna have to pay out £20 odd k for keys locks and tyres now is it?

ps. where did this happen. so we can map the crime wave in the north. Manchester first, now Leeds, is it?

Loz

Cheers Loz

Yes Leeds LS15, I do not know if I am lucky, but it does help to have one of your best mates as a SGT in the local force, he had his team on the look out and found it parked up not 4 miles from my house at 10.30 last night..

i would also be concerned about any engine damage, no doubt if your tyres have been shreaded then this equates to a good spanking of the engine...

What is the best way of having this assesed, can I ask for a Lexus dealer to give it the once over, and would the insurance company agree.

i would also be concerned about any engine damage, no doubt if your tyres have been shreaded then this equates to a good spanking of the engine...

What is the best way of having this assesed, can I ask for a Lexus dealer to give it the once over, and would the insurance company agree.

i would assume it would be a case of stick in to Lexus, and ask them to check it ALL out, including the engine as it has been thrashed to buggery..

And what a fine time to get fixed all those 'other' minor scratches and such items that the 'thieving' chaps had caused.. ;)

Sorry to hear that, Chris.

I'm a "long time looker, first time poster" on this great forum.

It's getting real bad, here in Leeds. I've been targeted by the thieving scrotes before, but luckily I keep my keys upstairs on a night. My spare sets live at my dad's house!

The scum used a fishing rod (or the like) to poke through my letterbox and open the drawers in the 'phone cabinet in the hall. They did'nt get 'em. A friend of mine had his car swiped this way.

Its easy to be wise after the event, but realistically, taking the keys is the only way they are gonna get the motor. When I spoke to the 'feds, they said that breaking into houses to take car keys is becoming the thieves preferred "weapon of choice".

Sometimes I wonder if it's really worth owning a quality bit of kit?

Hope it gets sorted real soon, m8.

Lofty.

Sorry to here about what happend mate, hope things go well with the insurance and the lexus checkup.. :winky:

It's getting pretty bad up here in the north now too, i'm from wakey and not long ago a mate of mine was in the local retail park near McDonalds, he had his BMW Alpina nicked.. (damn! that was a nice car) so it goes to show, if they gonna take it they will..

That's why i went and opted to get the Clifford Concept 600 put on, as it's got the BlackJaxx on it :whistling:

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope its all OK when you get it back....

I am worried about this problem as a guy who works for me lost his Golf GTI this way a couple of months back.

So my precautions are so:-

• Car in garage
    Car locked in garage
    Car alarmed
    Tracker fitted to car
    Electric roller garage door fitted with electronic dead locks
    Company Passatt left in front of garage
    Car keys in locked key box in bedroom
    Sleep in bedroom above Garage
    Encourage the neighbours to leave their cars on their drives (easier to nick than mine)
    Sports exhaust with decat pipes (120db) Rev it and it sets off 2 of the neighbours car alarms :o

If they do manage to get the keys move the passatt and open the garage doors and drive away, the tracker will help get it back.

This may seem to be over the top, but I dont intend to car share with the local :tsktsk: toerags (probably won't know how to start the Cerbera anyway ;) )

There was a documentary on one of those crime type programmes on the telly.

These days the cars are too secure and they have to have the keys hence car-jacking has become popular.

The documentary demonstrated how some put a hook on the end of a pole and push it through letter boxes and lift keys up off the hall table where a lot of people leave them.

sorry to hear that...feel for you :crybaby:

if you find the rugrats....you know what to do :ph34r::ohmy: :winky:

probably best to invest on those roadeye ;) at least you could know how and what speed they were driving ;)

Good luck with the insurance...hope all gets sorted.

Sorry to hear about that mate.

Heard a similar story from a guy in my company who lives in Leeds - he had a Volvo V70 in pillarbox red and they broke in to the house, took the keys and stole the car. I dont know why they targeted that car, it is not exactly desirable amongst street racers and the colour is quite unusual on a volvo, so quite easy to spot, but they never recoved the car. Maybe they were doing a bit of shopping and needed a big car!

Many thanks to all of you who have made comment.

Just to bring you up to date, I have seen the car and there is no real damage except to the stero unit that the w******* have tried to remove, some slight damage to one alloy and cut tyre wall, other than that nothing visible, dont know what state the engine and suspension is in after they have driven it.

Other main problem is that there is a key in some scrotebags possesion and the insurance company need to understand that they cannot just change the locks.

Car minus child seat, pushchair and about £300 worth of cd,s.

I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

Again many thanks to all of you that passed messages of support.

Chris

Hope everything turns out alright mate, there are a couple of guys where I work who've had the same thing happen, one had his Audi RS4 nicked and got it back thanks to a Tracker, and the other has just had his Golf 4Motion nicked, both had the keys nicked from the house using that rod thing that's mentioned on this post.

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope its all OK when you get it back....

I am worried about this problem as a guy who works for me lost his Golf GTI this way a couple of months back.

So my precautions are so:-

• Car in garage
    Car locked in garage
    Car alarmed
    Tracker fitted to car
    Electric roller garage door fitted with electronic dead locks
    Company Passatt left in front of garage
    Car keys in locked key box in bedroom
    Sleep in bedroom above Garage
    Encourage the neighbours to leave their cars on their drives (easier to nick than mine)
    Sports exhaust with decat pipes (120db) Rev it and it sets off 2 of the neighbours car alarms  :o 

If they do manage to get the keys move the passatt and open the garage doors and drive away, the tracker will help get it back.

This may seem to be over the top, but I dont intend to car share with the local  :tsktsk: toerags (probably won't know how to start the Cerbera anyway ;) )

Not trying to be a smarta*se or having ago but using Lexussport reply as an example is it wise to advertise on a public forum all your security measures at home. If some determined thugs had your car on an order list and was reading this forum then you've saved them a lot of time searching your house for your keys they'll just go straight for your upstairs to the bedrooms :excl: Think about it please.

Everybody I am not trying to scare monger(if thats the word) but it alarms me the number of peeps on car forums that give out so much info about the security devices on their cars/homes. Anytime of the day if you checkout what members are logged on you'll always have a good number of guests(no offence guests ;) ) who's to say someone is not scouting for info on YOUR motor.

These days the thugs have gotten clever and forums are a great source of info....civic type-r owners on their forum are removing their immediate location eg. Manchester in their profiles as the number of civics stolen in that area is rising. Another example of the thugs getttng clever is they will nick a car and leave it ina public place to see if its recovered quickly....if the car isn't then the thugs collect it knowing its hasn't got a tracking device fitted so their risk is reduced greatly.

Some of us (I know I do) have to think before we speak-before putting foot in mouth :hehe:

Well why don't we all try and THINK before we POST :excl: when it about car/home security subjects.

This was a public announcement from twotone :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links