Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lowering The "is"......

Scorpion

Yiiiipppeeee...........all done,i just beat the light!!

The car sits much lower now and benefits from the usual results from lowering

i took it for a short blast and the cornering is much sharper.I will drive it for about

200 miles then get all four wheels aligned.

Will post some pics 2morrow as the camera doesn't have any batteries...kids,dont you love em.

H&R's from Imi.and believe me it sits much lower than the stock sport springs

there is hardly any gap in the arches now.....and thats on std 17's.

I AM WELL HAPPY !!!!!!!!

To be honest i wasn't going to go down this route with the Lex like i have in the past

with other cars,but i thought it was worth it.......and it was.

Imi you are da man,thanks fella.

To be honest i wasn't going to go down this route with the Lex like i have in the past

with other cars,but i thought it was worth it.......and it was.

Imi you are da man,thanks fella.

oh its all downhill from there pete,, next your be biding on the s/c .

imi Posted on Dec 18 2003, 11:27 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your welcome matey, i'm sure you won't be dissapointed with them..  

erm, i told you so, Glad you like them... :winky:

Matthew_McNally Posted on Dec 18 2003, 04:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Scorpion @ Dec 18 2003, 04:33 PM)

The car sits much lower now

I found mine only seemed to be a touch lower immediately - but they settled down after a few days.

Chris.. these are the H&R's it says it's a 35mm drop, but once they settle down, the car looks lower and well nice, corners excelently..

I would have kept them for sure, but due to unforseen circumstances i needed the adjustables, so i could up the hieght when i need to..

The H&R's are more popular in USA, as the .net members use these on the IS300 rather the any other make..

I just had mine lowered using TTE's - when I went last weekend for the tracking they could not quite get it back to the original settings - will be interested in how close your adjusts up when it's done - please let us know.

I think the drop is just about right for a spring replacement for the Lex,unless you go the coilover route,and the ride quality is very good for a 35mm drop!! i find that there isn't much difference to the ride quality,unless you hit a pot hole then you feel it, but then you would with any lowered car.The handling has improved so much,it feels much sharper and responsive :whistling:

With the other mods on chassis/suspension that i have in mind it will only improve the handling 100%....

roll on the new year..... :winky: :whistling: :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links