Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Reading This Correct

Chris.S

while browing the parkers website i found this

Lexus IS Saloon (99-06)

2.0 SE 4d

Rates effective from 13 March 2008

Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km)

1 Apr 1999 – 1 Mar 2001 £101.75 £185.00 -

1 Mar 2001 – 1 Apr 2005 £115.50 £210.00 F 229-231

Rates effective from April 2009

1 Apr 1999 – 1 Mar 2001 £104.50 £190.00 -

1 Mar 2001 – 1 Apr 2005 £118.25 £215.00 K 229-231

Rates effective from April 2010

1 Apr 1999 – 1 Mar 2001 £112.75 £205.00 -

1 Mar 2001 – 1 Apr 2005 £134.75 £245.00 K 229-231

Now i was unawre and i dont know if anyone else knew this but it seems they've reduced the cost of the tax on cars newer than 2001 as before it used to say £300 for 2009 and £430 for 2010

The changes are summarised in this article on the Parker's website.

Basically, the post-March-2001 IS200s were due to have a huge increase in tax, but as the article says, for 2009 and 2010 they go into band "K", which is only a relatively small increase. Who knows what will happen in future years.

Don't worry about it as if you are suffering financial difficulties in paying it or huge losses the government will bail you out :whistling:

Got to go now, need to sort out my executive bonuses!

wonder how many sold their lex in fear of tax rises

Well on the MG forum I used to go on until I got my IS200, a couple of people actually did get rid of ZS180's because of this.

It was unacceptable to massively increase the tax on existing cars retrospectively, but they left it so long before changing things I imagine quite a lot of people panicked and sold up. Look at what it's done to the value of cars too, which will never really recover.

Look at what it's done to the value of cars too, which will never really recover.

I don't really believe that the proposed increase in VED had much effect on the value of cars. The general downturn in the economy played a far bigger part in the value of cars.

Look at what it's done to the value of cars too, which will never really recover.

I don't really believe that the proposed increase in VED had much effect on the value of cars. The general downturn in the economy played a far bigger part in the value of cars.

Agree with you there Dave1, BUT the traders used this as a weapon (read WMD) when giving PX prices.

Then again they will use almost anything to rip off the average punter.

Its like a bloody great dark cloud of wonder.........is this a permanent (band K) reprieve, or just a stay of execution waiting to hammer ppl when the time is right and bang those post march 2001 cars back into the higher tax band.

WHO KNOWS......!

Dont worry they Brown/Darling will get the money back in other ways

look at the petrol rising again, it is now back to 10p per L cheaper than diesel :whistling:

when only 2 months ago it was around 14p per L cheaper, just the extra tax on that 4p,

if i could earn the tax on that of every 4p per L sold in UK i would be very very well off :winky:

And we do have some Bank bonuses to pay for :crying:

Matt

I'm an eternal optimist and think that by the time 2011 comes around so much will have happened to the economy Band K cars will be left alone. To bring Band K to £450 per year will be seen as an attack on the poor (people driving cars 5+ years old) that it would be unacceptable politically. The current VED structure is enough of a sop to the greens.

My other car is a 6MPS. At the moment Mazda dealers have a marked preference for Pre-March 23 2006 models. Have a look at the Mazda used car site. I haven't checked but I imagine it's the same with IS250's.

Just renewed mine online for the year, 4.0 litre V8 £185.00 happy happy happy!

Not only that but I am also entered into the prize draw to win a SEAT LEON ECOMOTIVE 1.9D always handy to keep a spare small car in the boot for emergencies :whistling:

Not only that but I am also entered into the prize draw to win a SEAT LEON ECOMOTIVE 1.9D always handy to keep a spare small car in the boot for emergencies :whistling:

good luck on the Seat Leon :) on a side note... who has the new plastic driving licence? i just noticed you have to renew your photo ont he damn things and you have to pay £17.50 each time!!!#

if you look at 4a which is ths start date and then look at 4b which is the end date!! i just wish the government would explain this! my face isnt going to change that bloody much in 10 years!

Renewed the wife's car tax online in October.....FOC, was also entered into a draw for SEAT but didn't win. It's a monthly draw. Strange that DVLA doesn't offer a UK built car as the prize though!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links