Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting Discoveries (good & Bad)

Cheers guys. Nice to know I am not on my own, or is it?  Actually I would prefer it if I had a dodgy seal and it wasn't inherent in IS design. I will ask them to look at that during its first service. 

i have been fiddling with the seal between the front and rear door

at the top of the front door where there is a hard corner i have attached some self adhesive felt

on the rear door on the front edge at the top the seal has a notch cut into it, across the notch

i have applied another piece of felt and i have to say it does sound less noisy,i am at the moment waiting

for a replacement plastic outer door panel with seal to arrive at lexus to see if it could be just due to the softening

of the rubber seal its £28 + vat so i dont mind giving it a try

Could have gone hard I guess.

Atleast its not as bad as *cough* BMW. The M135i and the 3 series my colleagues have got keep smearing the glass whenever they roll the windows down. I took a look and the seals are like rock hard!

Back on topic - no noise in the IS - its still dead quiet and rattle free. Only done 11k miles but its still 2 years old lol.

the part has turned up today just waiting for the weather to become dry as the panel is held on

with 1 small press clip and double sided sticky tape (they must have blue peter in japan also)

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, 01taj239 said:

Bad Discovery - I find the heated seats don't get hot enough for me personally.

That one is quite a regular complaint unfortunately.

Although watch out as the temperature has three settings and will slowly decrease after a certain amount of time. You can reset it by pressing the button again. 

The seats can be set not to decrease. I don't understand why they are so pathetic,  last week I had a ct loan car and had to turn the seats down,  they were so hot. 

I don't know how true it is but I have heard somewhere that Lexus and Toyota lowered the seat heating temperature in all their models because

of concerns, particularly in the Far East, that overheated seats could pose a health risk in very young children and pregnant women.

19 hours ago, Martin F said:

That one is quite a regular complaint unfortunately.

Although watch out as the temperature has three settings and will slowly decrease after a certain amount of time. You can reset it by pressing the button again. 

12 hours ago, wh05apk said:

The seats can be set not to decrease. I don't understand why they are so pathetic,  last week I had a ct loan car and had to turn the seats down,  they were so hot. 

Thank you, I will switch the seats to stay on permanently to see if that makes a difference. 

I hardly ever use the heated seats. I wear a coat.

You do know that there is a heater in the IS & CT ?  :tongue:

Yes but I think my Climate Control is playing up. I keep pressing the snow button but it never starts to snow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

You do know that there is a heater in the IS & CT ?  :tongue:

Yes but I think my Climate Control is playing up. I keep pressing the snow button but it never starts to snow.

You are obviously not au fait with all of the cars technical abilities, you can press the snow button as often as you like but it won't snow, the car is clever enough to know that you aint got winter tyres fitted and so therefore won't put your safety at risk!!!:yahoo:

• Like 4

Wiper can be set between auto and manual mode, car has to be stopped with wiper off and long press on wiper side button and the green light on stalk will blink a few times.  When it is just drizzle and car is moving slow auto mode just won't get wiper working even in highest sensitivity setting. 

1 hour ago, Richard1200 said:

My Advance model does not fold the door mirrors in when the car is locked. Has anyone been successful in getting this programmed into their car.

i have seen kits on eBay to add this function

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Auto-Side-Rear-View-Rearview-Mirror-Folding-System-Closer-Kit-Intelligent-/141660988371?hash=item20fba723d3:g:3G0AAOSwoBtW6RL1

I found out about these from another forum I am on.

if you search eBay there are sellers doing kits for Toyota's so having a kit for a lexus I am sure is possible.

2 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

My Advance model does not fold the door mirrors in when the car is locked. Has anyone been successful in getting this programmed into their car.

Richard, if your car does have this function it is activated when you press the 'Auto' button opposite your mirror fold button.

This has to be lit. It's a little annoying as every time you manually fold the mirror, you have to remember to set it back to 'Auto'.

Hope this helps.

Lee.

13 hours ago, gtb5 said:

Wiper can be set between auto and manual mode, car has to be stopped with wiper off and long press on wiper side button and the green light on stalk will blink a few times.  When it is just drizzle and car is moving slow auto mode just won't get wiper working even in highest sensitivity setting. 

I think I missed something here, Jimmy, sorry! 

This morning, with the wipers on Auto setting, I just flicked the stalk upwards for a single sweep, and the auto setting wasn't affected.

18 minutes ago, baxlin said:

I think I missed something here, Jimmy, sorry! 

This morning, with the wipers on Auto setting, I just flicked the stalk upwards for a single sweep, and the auto setting wasn't affected.

With car stopped have you pressed the button to get the green LED blinking a few times to get to manual mode?  Make sure car is stopped. After setting manual mode you flick the stalk downward once for intermittent manual mode and use the dial to adjust frequency.  It's all in the user manual. 

2 hours ago, LeeG said:

Richard, if your car does have this function it is activated when you press the 'Auto' button opposite your mirror fold button.

This has to be lit. It's a little annoying as every time you manually fold the mirror, you have to remember to set it back to 'Auto'.

Hope this helps.

Lee.

I've to fold mirrors before parking next to wall so if mirrors unfold automatically when car is unlocked they would hit the wall so it makes sense to manually unfold them in this situation. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links