Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Not a bad looking LS400?

not sure why there's a V8 sign on the grille tho !    bit odd ......  otherwise it don't look too bad and if it's any good then the price " is right "

Malc

Looks like a good one on the face of it, But I would be a bit concerned if it's been parked on grass for a long period as the under side would need good inspection.
It;s the same as caravans when parked on grass they tend to rust more than if parked on tarmac. The ground gets wet and then evaporation sends the moisture upwards, the dampness can't escape very easily so starts the rusting process.

Just my take on it

Jim

• Like 1

Not a bad price but a bit short on history. I notice the wheels are the DHP type. And what's with the gold front Lexus badge and the V8 badge? I'd say the car has been tinkered with. Wonder what else has been 'modded'?

The Gold badges are available from your local store eBay together with the awful V8 badge. I have always thought the gold badges which I don't think have anything to do with Lexus are the vehicle equivalent of the medallion man look back in the 70s and 80s. Mike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

The Gold badges are available from your local store ebay together with the awful V8 badge. I have always thought the gold badges which I don't think have anything to do with Lexus are the vehicle equivalent of the medallion man look back in the 70s and 80s. Mike.

The one I'm getting has gold badges, I thought they were a Lexus option. I agree about the other badge! Although thinking about it again, the one I'm getting also has a gold VIP badge of some kind on the grille, that'll have to go!

I think it should be driven north until it gets to Dudley where it can gain a FLSH, a new cambelt, £500.00 on the price and then it would be described as "Very nice indeed" :)

Seriously, the gold badges are OEM Lexus and are apparently 24CT gold plated.

• Like 2

If I hadn't paid a deposit on the one up north I would probably have looked at this. Although having looked at the one in Sussex last week described as "In great condition" photos seem to mean nothing. Talking about the one up north, how loooong can it take to fix a heater blower!

And how come nearly all the MK4's that have come up for sale lately have the DHP wheels!

17 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Are the dhp wheels a selling point. I was offered the gold badges when I bought mine. I declined. Didn't know they gold plated 

I don't necessarily think they're a selling point, they still look like a 90's wheel,  they're just a bit less common.  I don't even think the DHP cars are worth much more, if anything.

19 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Are the dhp wheels a selling point. I was offered the gold badges when I bought mine. I declined. Didn't know they gold plated 

Certainly not a selling point to me.

I think they look nicer than the standard version, particularly once the polished look has corroded and been painted over, but the tyre size is expensive compared to 16 inchers.

DHP wheels. I've got them too. Too big, and they corrode badly. But the thing that really winds me up about them is that the hole pattern is directional. So the left side wheels should be different to the right side. And they're not.

And now that you b*gg*rs have reminded me, it'll take me ages to get to sleep tonight. :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goldtop said:

Yes, the gold badge was an official Lexus thing. (Perhaps related to what the Americans call the "coach edition"?)

Mine has them, will swap them to plain chrome sometime.

You learn something everyday. I am in debt to my learned member. Mike.

10 hours ago, goldtop said:

DHP wheels. I've got them too. Too big, and they corrode badly. But the thing that really winds me up about them is that the hole pattern is directional. So the left side wheels should be different to the right side. And they're not.

And now that you b*gg*rs have reminded me, it'll take me ages to get to sleep tonight. :(

...directional hole pattern - I am wondering if that was the reason for having more rust on the right hand side (rotten brake dust cover front and rear / Left hand side looks totally fine). If so, the holes should point to the rear, like it is on the left hand side.

my ls400 has the DHP which was a  £3000.00 upgrade from new,you either love it or hate it each to there own,this is my 3rd ls and definitely the best of the bunch,Tyre size

255\45\17s the gold badges are an upgrade from new and in my case stand out well against the maroon colored

bodywork

jimmy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links