Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

Worth a watch. The cost side of things isn’t a surprise. However, the RANGE side of things when on the motorway…well, let’s just say it confirms what I’ve been told by dealers and why I haven’t made the switch with a regular 200 mile motorway journey.

• Like 2

It's a scam, everything from the government is a lie. The WEF have basically hijacked the western world and are using subject matter experts to brainwash people, controversial absolutely but it's from the government so it has to be true. They are even paying off the just stop Oil nut cases.

Why would you spend 40k or more on an electric car when you could buy a petrol car that can travel for further, longer and is far less costly. My car is three litres and AWD and I only ever fill up every 3 weeks or such and that's driving briskly too - no faffing with chargers leaving it plugged in every day. I  could name several Petrol cars that could get 400-500 miles range plus easily of around 1.6 litre engine size or such - heck get a used one for a fraction of the cost of a EV and you will own it too . No need to spend thousands leasing out a EV, the 400 odd quid a month it would cost me to lease a Peugeot e 208 was laughable, and the car was horrible to drive

Besides, interested rates are going up every month it seems not to mention the price of electric so it's not looking too favourable, I can only think that they want people off the road, look at all the ever growing ulez zones, cycle lanes and speeding fines for going over 20mph in London etc - it's getting more and more difficult for the motorists 

• Like 3

In an ideal world we would be driving in the cars of our own choice with engine size like we think we need and want and can afford without having this stupid range in mind. Just imagine (no I am not John Lennon) that we had a motor and filling stations all over; oh, we have that! Strange. Why on earth do we have these stupid politicians spending fortunes on telling us poor voters that all we need to make the world better is destroy the world digging for dangerous materials ruining health of the poor people digging for it when they perfectly well know that there is no way there will ever be batteries enough to give power to all the engines needed to move cars, busses, trucks, trains, boats that transport all the things we think we need in order to have a good life.

Much more than 20 years they have been wasting making Musk richer and the world poorer. Combustion engines can drive on a fuel that pollutes so little that only a fool cannot see that instead of making electric filling stations available all over, they could have made hydrogen stations available. Hydrogen has been known as fuel for so long that only oil states are not able to see the possibilities in that fuel. Comes from water and when having given its power it returns to water. All needed to turn water back to hydrogen is electricity, which can be made cheap with power from wind, tide, water running down mountains.

We stupid people never see the forest, because of all the trees. And those we have making the rules are all stupid upper-class that believe they are better knowing all because they are upper-class. And why are they upper-class? Because they have been stealing from lower-class and we poor lower-class have let them do it.

While the king and queen lies sleeping, and their daughters smile so nice – the rest you can hear on youtube if you want; but – servant’s sons are washed in blood.

Hydrogen is possibly not the only way to power our imagined needs, but up to now it is probably the best.

Why worry? The glaciers are melting and the rivers in France run dry, while the poor in Pakistan drown, the people living in lowlands no longer needs pools to get into water.

Yes, sitting in electric cars watching how much fuel still it available and wonder if it will be enough to next filling station is for those fooled by our stupid upper-class rulers.

• Haha 1

There isn’t an ideal world when Governments have a monopoly on everything and the next 'con' is social credit / CBDC where people's spending habits will be monitored, Goldman Sachs puppet Sunak's infosys WEF partner firm are already working on it.

13 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

as long as we are puppets.

Andy Pandy and Sooty and Sweep were quite good in the day ............ even the Muppets and of course ....  we all are, I quite agree with you John ...  Muppets supreme and sheep like to the slaughter ..  I'll resist just so long as i am able 

Bring on the Horses ( not the Empty ones ) ..... all 280 of 'em in my quiet as a mouse V8 4ltr where on a good day I can really, yes really achieve nigh on 500 miles to a tank of fuel and i don't need to spend £30/40/50/60/70 ...  100k+ to do that ......  all the while I'm not scrapping my car to " benefit " from spending summat silly on an EV to do the same thing . ......... only much much better and keeping the bank balance intact ......  I think I'm actually not degrading the planet 

Malc

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

and i don't need to spend £30/40/50/60/70 ...  100k+ to do that

You're driving a Lexus LS. That is a £90k+ car, so yes you do need to spend that money to get the same today. You personally might not but someone has to for there to be your equivalent in 25 years time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

In an ideal world we would be driving in the cars of our own choice with engine size like we think we need and want and can afford without having this stupid range in mind.

Errrr…we have.  Who stopped you buying the car you could afford? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Andy Pandy and Sooty and Sweep were quite good in the day ............ even the Muppets and of course ....  we all are, I quite agree with you John ...  Muppets supreme and sheep like to the slaughter ..  I'll resist just so long as i am able 

Bring on the Horses ( not the Empty ones ) ..... all 280 of 'em in my quiet as a mouse V8 4ltr where on a good day I can really, yes really achieve nigh on 500 miles to a tank of fuel and i don't need to spend £30/40/50/60/70 ...  100k+ to do that ......  all the while I'm not scrapping my car to " benefit " from spending summat silly on an EV to do the same thing . ......... only much much better and keeping the bank balance intact ......  I think I'm actually not degrading the planet 

Malc

Likewise, my Subaru has almost 140k miles and owns nothing to the 'planet' - I think new cars and not just EVs are of rubbish build quality, the older cars are far more robust and were made at a time when manufacturers cared and didn’t treat cars like disposable smartphones

I watched that video above but nothing I didnt already know - I drove from S.Gloucs to Kerry/Ireland in a tank of fuel twice this year, over 400 miles - going 80mph or as fast as possible at that on most of the Motorways here and in Ireland - not a problem, had I an EV It would have taken me days to do that same journey going that fast as I would be charging it up all the time

That 6 pot BMW, why get a EV if you have that - I am not surprised it has got such good range, my car is old and even I can get 34mpg or sometihng like that doing a steady 70/80mph - hence the range

Batteries have internal resistance, when you drive fast the current going through batteries creates heat which increases resistance which in turn impacts the overall range available.

1 hour ago, Boxbrownie said:

Errrr…we have.  Who stopped you buying the car you could afford? 

You haven’t seen the memo have you, Governments are banning combustion engine cars and forcing people to get an Electric Car - to save the planet
On the other hand a different approach they could have done was say buy an Electric car if you live in a busy urban environment, that would make some sense at least – but banning combustion cars entirely reeks of corruption – but as Malc said – must resist

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

You haven’t seen the memo have you, Governments are banning combustion engine cars and forcing people to get an Electric Car - to save the planet
On the other hand a different approach they could have done was say buy an Electric car if you live in a busy urban environment, that would make some sense at least – but banning combustion cars entirely reeks of corruption – but as Malc said – must resist

They ran out of natural cane sugar and used artificial sweetener to make the brownie?

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

had I an EV It would have taken me days to do that same journey

you could have recharged your EV on the 3hr ferry crossing ??  Do they facilitate that these days ?

People keep reminding me of my Irish trip a few years back .  must do it again ( soon ?? )  ..  where's all the time fly eh !

Malc

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

Governments are banning combustion engine cars and forcing people to get an Electric Car

non EVs will ALWAYS be available in most other non-European dimwit countries ..........  just fly to wherever and buy your V8 and drive it back home methinks

Malc

41 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

you could have recharged your EV on the 3hr ferry crossing ??  Do they facilitate that these days ?

People keep reminding me of my Irish trip a few years back .  must do it again ( soon ?? )  ..  where's all the time fly eh !

Malc

Not that I could have seen - no EV points on the ferry - the point is I can drive for literally hours without stopping covering hundreds of miles in the process and not constantly crapping yourself about range and wondering will the charge point work, will it be taken up and how long will I be waiting - screw that

-Good luck finding a EV charge point over in Kerry, or anywhere for that matter but to whet your appetite for the next time here you go, This is from my dash cam a long time ago

https://youtu.be/SCmtGDIU7Wc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Not that I could have seen - no EV points on the ferry - the point is I can drive for literally hours without stopping covering hundreds of miles in the process and not constantly crapping yourself about range and wondering will the charge point work, will it be taken up and how long will I be waiting - screw that

-Good luck finding a EV charge point over in Kerry, or anywhere for that matter but to whet your appetite for the next time here you go, This is from my dash cam a long time ago

https://youtu.be/SCmtGDIU7Wc

video unavilable to me Eric.

3 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Dinosaur cars will still be available for most of our lifetimes, for those that still want/need them.

Any government ban is now academic as manufacturers are wedded to EVs, and consumer demand has shifted irreversibly in that direction. Prices of cars will be comparable in 10-15 years time, and there are already more charging staations than petrol stations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Unavailable to me too. I think the WEF or Illuminati must have blocked it 😉 🙂

Maybe it's emitting too many carbon greenhouse gases 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bluemarlin said:

Dinosaur cars will still be available for most of our lifetimes, for those that still want/need them.

Are you sure? It will require some pretty skilful upkeep since they won't be able to be purchased in 2030 and beyond, all the great 6 and 8 pot engines will still probably be working mind...

You come across like a Jehovah Witness, do you knock on people's doors handing out leaflets?

Used ones will still be able to be bought for as long as they last. Beyond that I can't see many people wanting them once prices and range even out.

Pointing out realities over scare mongering is hardly being like a Jehovah's Witness, but what's your address, I'd drop one off for you 🙂

12 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Used ones will still be able to be bought for as long as they last. Beyond that I can't see many people wanting them once prices and range even out.

Pointing out realities over scare mongering is hardly being like a Jehovah's Witness, but what's your address, I'd drop one off for you 🙂

Nobody will be able to afford them eh but crack on with your ideology that they are saving the planet, which they aren't. I'll stick with a nice reliable petrol car and not listen to government hyperbole by subject matter experts 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links