Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fuel panic!

Mincey

30 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Open Ampera? We had the Vauxhall Ampera and that was a hybrid which actually went like poo of a shovel. Engine drove the wheels. 

My Footman ( Podiatrist ) has driven an Ampera for 3 years with out problems.

As Vlad implies it is sh one t off a shovel.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Agree with you that the difference between digging oil and rare earth is that there probably is more oil; but both are not really good to use.

Also, I did not know that the oil you mention belong to the UK. Do not believe all world think that is correct.

Well, I guess it belongs to the Falklands ......
the citizens are British nationals and sovereignty of this British territory ensues

that's possibly the real reason we decided to turf out those invaders 40 years ago ...... and also the “ people” wanted to stay British ...... the sheep too no doubt

I’ll take my share sometime maybe ...... not sure I’ll go live there but I’d love to make a flying visit ........ no visa required I presume ....... I’m excited ........ maybe one has to get there via  Argentina tho’   Oh what a beautiful country Argentina is 👍

im off ........ but I guess I’ll need an off-roader 

Malc ....... oh to dream eh !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Open Ampera? We had the Vauxhall Ampera and that was a hybrid which actually went like poo of a shovel. Engine drove the wheels. 

Never write too fast. Should have been Opel Ampera. Yes UK think that Opel is Vauxhall.

The Chevrolet Volt did have an engine only to make electricity. NO???

Wikipedia:

The Volt operates as a pure battery electric vehicle until its Battery capacity drops to a predetermined threshold from full charge. From there, its internal combustion engine powers an electric generator to extend the vehicle's range as needed.

Does not sound like the combustion engine is driving the wheels. OR???

12 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Does not sound like the combustion engine is driving the wheels.

Normally in town no, but further in that article:

at higher speeds and loads, (typically above 30 miles per hour (48 km/h) at light to moderate loads) the gasoline engine can engage mechanically to the output from the transmission and assist both electric motors in driving the wheels, in which case the Volt operates as a power-split or series-parallel hybrid.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Malc1 said:

only had cheval the once, in about 1982 or so when I took all 4 of my ( very young then ) kids on a holiday park tour of France ....  quite enjoyed it but never been offered it since .......  I'll pass on more, even the Poirot frites

Malc

I used to work a lot in Belgium (which seems to be a more common place for cheval) and the local restaurant to the test track was owned by a very odd chap called “Misty Marcel” well that’s what we called him……but he cooked food beautifully even if some of it was just as odd as him……alligator and ostrich I remember, the latter giving me the worst food poisoning I’ve ever had!

15 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

In 2011 the Chevrolet Volt (in Europe - Opel Ampera) did the same thing. Never really sold that well.

Where as the i3 REX version was the best selling.

And is a genuine range extender with no mechanical coupling to the drivetrain.

38 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

and ostrich I remember, the latter giving me the worst food poisoning I’ve ever had!

ostrich I ate occasionally when I toured South Africa for a month, again about 1982'ish .  delicious I found

Malc

17 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

ostrich I ate occasionally when I toured South Africa for a month, again about 1982'ish .  delicious I found

Malc

I think Marcel had a deal with the local zoo, this particular Ostrich we think died 9f old age and had to be hung for a bit too long 🤮

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

Where as the i3 REX version was the best selling.

And is a genuine range extender with no mechanical coupling to the drivetrain.

Colin mentioned that when needed the engine would give power to the drivetrain. When I long ago contacted the importer in Denmark I was informed that the combustion engine was there only to charge the Battery.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Colin mentioned that when needed the engine would give power to the drivetrain. When I long ago contacted the importer in Denmark I was informed that the combustion engine was there only to charge the battery.

He must have served his Apprenticeship with BMW ? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Colin mentioned that when needed the engine would give power to the drivetrain. When I long ago contacted the importer in Denmark I was informed that the combustion engine was there only to charge the battery.

At higher speeds, the generator acts as an auxiliary motor while there is still Battery charge, connecting itself via a clutch to the final drive and augmenting the main motor's efforts. When charge is low, the generator remains thus connected but the IC engine is also connected to it by another clutch, so part of the engine's efforts are directed to the driving wheels. The engine is now also powering the generator which can top up the Battery. At low speeds, the generator does nothing in electric mode, but charges the Battery in extended-range, battery-low, IC engine-on mode”

Spot Oil today about US$ 88 /90

so fuel could be more expensive a tad with the £££ falling like a stone these days

E10 at Morrisons Sittingbourne Kent at 159.7p  ( my E5 at 7p more ) is the best yet for Morrisons,

.........especially as the local store in Sheppey is 5p dearer ....  blo/ody crooks ........  cartel with Tesco and BP garage at 164.9p  

Malc

11 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Spot Oil today about US$ 88 /90

so fuel could be more expensive a tad with the £££ falling like a stone these days

E10 at Morrisons Sittingbourne Kent at 159.7p  ( my E5 at 7p more ) is the best yet for Morrisons,

.........especially as the local store in Sheppey is 5p dearer ....  blo/ody crooks ........  cartel with Tesco and BP garage at 164.9p  

Malc

Local Tesco 150.9 for E10 today.

• Like 1

so how on earth does this crooked business Tesco justify 14p a ltr more expensive on Sheppey Kent

we're just a couple of miles from Essex too across the Thames estuary ........  say Southend 

Us motorists sure are being ripped off by our dear supermarkets selling petrol

re-enforces my thoughts to only shop at Aldi and Lidl as they never rip us off with fuel, coz they simply don't sell the stuff

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

so how on earth does this crooked business Tesco justify 14p a ltr more expensive on Sheppey Kent

we're just a couple of miles from Essex too across the Thames estuary ........  say Southend 

Malc

Local market forces, simple as.

1 minute ago, Boxbrownie said:

Local market forces, simple as.

There is hardly any money to be made from selling fuels. Petrolstations earn more from selling water or coke.

the real earners are the government

taxtaxtax

1 minute ago, dutchie01 said:

There is hardly any money to be made from selling fuels. Petrolstations earn more from selling water or coke.

the real earners are the government

taxtaxtax

Well Malc’s Tesco are making 14p more a litre, no money there after selling 50K litres a week 😉

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Depends on their purchaseprice?

Presumably Tesco have a set price for purchasing in a particular area from a refinery (for example Essex/Kent would be from Coryton Refinery), there is no way they would be charged a different wholesale cost because they are selling the fuel in two of their stations.

1 hour ago, Boxbrownie said:

Presumably Tesco have a set price for purchasing in a particular area from a refinery (for example Essex/Kent would be from Coryton Refinery), there is no way they would be charged a different wholesale cost because they are selling the fuel in two of their stations.

Would agree. I expect they buy in larger bulk than that.

More to do with local market pricing and making more profit where possible!

• Like 2

simply a cartel ...  the Govt relaxed the law on that during the crisis  ...  now ended ...  so guess they haven't banned price rigging again yet ........... if I had shares in these supermarket crooks I'd off load them .....  must check out my pension fund eh !

Malc

• Like 1

Has anyone read how the £400 rebate will be paid. They only say that £66 will be paid in October.

But what if you have both gas and electricity?

Will it be £33 added to your smart meter on both electricity and gas or £66 just on one?

21 minutes ago, flotsam said:

Has anyone read how the £400 rebate will be paid. They only say that £66 will be paid in October.

But what if you have both gas and electricity?

Will it be £33 added to your smart meter on both electricity and gas or £66 just on one?

Who is your supplier?

Most people should have had some form of communication by now setting out how each supplier intends to pay this out (yes they are doing it in different ways). Why?

Look at your suppliers web site, it will tell you.

• Like 1

Hi Samantha. I'm with British Gas fir both gas and electricity and the 400 quid will be paid I to the gas/electricity account. If supply is over used then all the monies goes into the account. If you under use then surplus monies will be transferred into the bank account used to pay the suppliers. Hope that makes sense. 

Oh before anyone slags me off for being with British Gas Don't Waste Your Time. For me they've been the cheapest by far for decades.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links