Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

1 hour ago, Malc said:

reading somewhere these past days that Costco selling E10 at  151.9p  .....  I'm many many miles from my local store sadly

Malc

Remember when I said a week or so that it would fall to £1.50...........

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malc said:

reading somewhere these past days that Costco selling E10 at  151.9p  .....  I'm many many miles from my local store sadly

Malc

There’s a Costco in Reading where I’m a member…but it doesn’t have a fuel filling station…😕

Meanwhile, petrol in Calcot (Reading) is down to £1.66.9 at both BP and Sainsbury.

• Like 1

As of this afternoon, Shell in Basingstoke was still 172.9p ☹️  A couple of others about but roughly the same price, so it looks like there are still large discrepancies depending on where you live.

57 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

As of this afternoon, Shell in Basingstoke was still 172.9p ☹️  A couple of others about but roughly the same price, so it looks like there are still large discrepancies depending on where you live.

Try Gales Garage,Sherborne St John..onA340 just. About 1 mile north of Basingstoke Hospital..£168.9

• Thanks 1

Driving back from London last night I passed a 171.9 then through Croydon it became 174.9 and approaching the M25 Jct6 it was 179.9.

Most certainly depends upon area and yet I'm still paying 193.9 for E5. Scandalous. The price differential between E5 and E10 seems wider now than ever before.

the gargages are just taking us motorists for a ride I'm afraid .  if one can provide at a keener price ..........  Costco at 151.9p ........... then there's no reason on earth that the others can't too  ...  shame on them  .........  may their Chief Executives, especially those of the petrol companies, simply     ROT IN HELL  :wink3:

Malc

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

Driving back from London last night I passed a 171.9 then through Croydon it became 174.9 and approaching the M25 Jct6 it was 179.9.

Most certainly depends upon area and yet I'm still paying 193.9 for E5. Scandalous. The price differential between E5 and E10 seems wider now than ever before.

Just paid 170.1 for Esso Momentum E5.

Going back to EVs, because I was bored I pulled together a spreadsheet to see exactly how many batteries would they use up - by 2030 

Tesla aim to ship 2 million cars towards the year so I used that as a benchmark, I put in some other manufacturers and gave them a few years to catch up with Musk, with a 5 percent year on increase in sales -- they are greedy like that

8O18fin.jpg

This is the <approx> amount of batteries required, approx or not its not feasilbe in the long run and excludes all the other materials needed for a EV and the charging, most of which is fossil fuel based anyway

&title=V12%20over%20a%20EV%20-%20really%

The total amount of batteries consumed by the 9 manufacturers comes up as 639644113758 - you can see why a LS460 is better for the planet

• Like 1

last night driving around half of Kent with unannounced ridiculous roadworks everywhere ....... trying to get back home from a Greek night ( that was BRILLIANT ) at the Walmer Castle Inn at Westgate ....  and the orange light on seemingly forever and the needle dropped to ZERO I thought ......  not good panicking at midnight for fuel 

so I popped into the Shell garage on the A299 past Whitstable way and

E10  175.9p                   and the  E5  189.9p

bl00ody rip off for sure  a 14p spread in the uplift for E5 .....  disgraceful

Malc

26 minutes ago, Malc said:

last night driving around half of Kent with unannounced ridiculous roadworks everywhere ....... trying to get back home from a Greek night ( that was BRILLIANT ) at the Walmer Castle Inn at Westgate ....  and the orange light on seemingly forever and the needle dropped to ZERO I thought ......  not good panicking at midnight for fuel 

so I popped into the Shell garage on the A299 past Whitstable way and

E10  175.9p                   and the  E5  189.9p

bl00ody rip off for sure  a 14p spread in the uplift for E5 .....  disgraceful

Malc

Tell me about it, I only ever use E5, it's an extra tenner or so a tank of fuel but I just chalk it down to one of those things. I don't think there a huge difference in Esso or BP and I think Shell has less ethanol than the others. Costco 97 RON is dirt cheap in comparison but you need be a member and they only have a few outlets in the country 

I assume E10 is what is referred to as Normal (standard) and E5 is 'super unleaded' such as Shell V Power?

In which case, E10 is still hovering around 171-173.9p here.

29 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I assume E10 is what is referred to as Normal (standard) and E5 is 'super unleaded' such as Shell V Power?

In which case, E10 is still hovering around 171-173.9p here.

Correct, that is still too much for regular unleaded petrol. Get the petrol app and scan your area for price 

• Thanks 1

today filled up, 71.37 ltrs at my local Tesco with their standard Momentum 99   E 5 at 172.9p  cost £129.40 ........... ( E10 is 164.9p )  oh  .  and I got 61p in Tesco points too ,,,,,,,,,,,,  so that's almost a penny off the pump price I guess 

.....  makes a mockery of the thieving Shell garage last night at  189.9p  thankfully I only put in £15 last night thinking I'd run-out at midnight trying to get home ..  silly me, there must have been at least enough fumes to get me to the front door :unsure:

Malc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

today filled up, 71.37 ltrs at my local Tesco with their standard Momentum 99   E 5 at 172.9p  cost £129.40 ........... ( E10 is 164.9p )  oh  .  and I got 61p in Tesco points too ,,,,,,,,,,,,  so that's almost a penny off the pump price I guess 

.....  makes a mockery of the thieving Shell garage last night at  189.9p  thankfully I only put in £15 last night thinking I'd run-out at midnight trying to get home ..  silly me, there must have been at least enough fumes to get me to the front door :unsure:

Malc

Thats a decent drop, I bet you get some raised eyebrows at the till, the servant seeing if there is a truck outside and not a car - my tank is apparently 65L but I dont think I even filled up with 60, I try not to run it on empty however.

22 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Not sure  about Shell, but Esso E5 is zero ethanol.

I read that about Texaco. But when I got to the pump, it had an E5 label.

24 minutes ago, flotsam said:

I read that about Texaco. But when I got to the pump, it had an E5 label.

I think you find that they are required to put a E5 and E10 label on the pump.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Not sure  about Shell, but Esso E5 is zero ethanol.

Why do they put E5 on the pump then?  I thought E5 was standard petrol with 5% Ethanol and E10 10% Ethanol, that’s the labelling regs as far as I know.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links