Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus RZ revealed

5 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Production of the Toyota bZ4X apparently started up again yesterday after an approximate 3 month suspension whilst they fixed the wheel hub issue.

Great at last they got the thread pitch sorted 🤣

My dealer provided a further update on deliveries - looks like Lexus are shuffling builds to try to get some RZ’s out sooner rather than later 

When the car goes into build the delivery times may come forward, this happens sometimes, so although I am quoting you May now it maybe a little sooner but I think March will be a bit too soon, just from what is happening with other models and delays. For example Lexus is pausing sales of the NX 350h so that they can catch up and fulfil customer orders. If they did not pause the sales on this model then we would be looking at customer deliveries in 2024. Therefore across all of our models unfortunately there have been delays and unexpected situations so I cannot comment 100% on the delivery date for the RZ.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

My dealer provided a further update on deliveries - looks like Lexus are shuffling builds to try to get some RZ’s out sooner rather than later 

When the car goes into build the delivery times may come forward, this happens sometimes, so although I am quoting you May now it maybe a little sooner but I think March will be a bit too soon, just from what is happening with other models and delays. For example Lexus is pausing sales of the NX 350h so that they can catch up and fulfil customer orders. If they did not pause the sales on this model then we would be looking at customer deliveries in 2024. Therefore across all of our models unfortunately there have been delays and unexpected situations so I cannot comment 100% on the delivery date for the RZ.

That's interesting. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said the latest information he has from Lexus  is that he expects June delivery but thinks it might July or possibly early August.. I ordered the car on 2nd May.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Bristol Lexus this week as the GSF was in for new brakes and discs. 

I had a long conversation with the sales manager about the availability of the RZ450e and he mentioned Feb 23 for a test drive and June 23 for deliveries if you have pre ordered. 

I think we are going to go down the Genesis GV 70 Electrified route, as we need an EV to replace our RX ASAP. This is simply for business reasons as the RX is still going strong at 10 years old  and I’m confident it will last another 5- 10 years without any major issues. 
It’s a shame as we like Lexus and would prefer to say with the brand for this purchase but the lead times are too long.  The EV70 seems to be getting good views but we are waiting for a test drive in around 4 weeks before we push the button. Time will tell if their customer service will be anywhere near as good as Lexus. 

3 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I think we are going to go down the Genesis GV 70 Electrified route

What's the delivery timescale for these, are they immune to the delays experienced by other marques?

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

What's the delivery timescale for these, are they immune to the delays experienced by other marques?

Their website is quoting around 2 weeks if you choose a prebuilt one. Not sure how true this is. Unfortunately non of these are  the spec we want so they are currently quoting 4-5 months for a new build.

7 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Their website is quoting around 2 weeks if you choose a prebuilt one. Not sure how true this is. Unfortunately non of these are  the spec we want so they are currently quoting 4-5 months. 

When I looked at these 6 months back independent online reports suggested 9+ months for factory orders, so hopefully they are improving.

21 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

When I looked at these 6 months back independent online reports suggested 9+ months for factory orders, so hopefully they are improving.

Very interesting. I will feed back what I find if people are interested 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Received an update from my dealer yesterday. The current forecast is a car for a test drive early next year, maybe Feb with my delivery being May. 
At least it isn’t moving back !

Interesting. I ordered mine in May and the latest information I received last Friday was delivery possibly end of June but maybe early July but they have no idea when a car will be available for a test drive.  It seems different dealers have different stories but I hope it is may rather than July

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, talaipwros said:

Some reassuring bZ4x tests started appearing , fingers crossed. 

All of a sudden there are a few bZ4x for sale with Toyota dealers for immediate delivery…I quite like the look of it.

Toyota Guildford are advertising a ‘long range’ version quoting 312 mile range. That’s pretty good. Assume the Lexus will have a similar option?

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

That’s pretty good. Assume the Lexus will have a similar option?

No because I don't believe the Lexus will be available in FWD, only AWD. 312 goes down to 286 on the Toyota and I expect the Lexus will be a little worse because it is likely to be heavier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

No because I don't believe the Lexus will be available in FWD, only AWD. 312 goes down to 286 on the Toyota and I expect the Lexus will be a little worse because it is likely to be heavier. 

Isn’t the Lexus also a lot more powerful?

3 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Isn’t the Lexus also a lot more powerful?

Yes, the front motor gets around 90 bhp more than the Toyota but unlike adding extra cc to a petrol engine it doesn't really change efficiency unless you use that extra power, and on the WLTP test it won't. The motor may even be the same, just limited or with a smaller inverter on the Toyota - no extra details have emerged yet, and the wheel falling off saga has delayed things 3+ months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

All of a sudden there are a few bZ4x for sale with Toyota dealers for immediate delivery…I quite like the look of it.

Toyota Guildford are advertising a ‘long range’ version quoting 312 mile range. That’s pretty good. Assume the Lexus will have a similar option?

I thought the range worked out at about 250 miles for the Lexus from the gumf in that video.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links