Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tough decision might sell already

I've been running mine on Sainsbury's super since I stopped buying V Power a few years ago never had a problem and I leave mine unused for weeks at a time.

Each to his own I guess.

Oh God, I would love to own a IS-F already and you think about selling yours, the irony. 🙂 People say "can't buy happiness with money" (I believe that's a saying made up by the rich, so poorer part of the society won't start any riots 😉 ), but being able to buy an IS-F is pretty damn close to me! Good luck whatever you end up doing with yours, I'm sure you will choose wisely in your situation. 🙂

• Like 2

Im curious to know what’s wrong with Tesco 99 Ron? I will agree v-power is the best overall but I’ve never had issues using the Tesco stuff in the ISF or my previous cars.

Best value is Costco but it’s a little out of the way for me on most journeys. 

47 minutes ago, Prospero88 said:

Oh God, I would love to own a IS-F already and you think about selling yours, the irony. 🙂 People say "can't buy happiness with money" (I believe that's a saying made up by the rich, so poorer part of the society won't start any riots 😉 ), but being able to buy an IS-F is pretty damn close to me! Good luck whatever you end up doing with yours, I'm sure you will choose wisely in your situation. 🙂

I hope your get ur ISF - it’s truly an incredible car!

• Like 1

I don't doubt the efficacy of premium fuels like Shell and Esso but our cars have the dual combustion cycle so in effect if you just use a decent octane petrol this clever engine design does the rest.

I have been a buyer of V Power or Optimax as it was when I was running high performance grey imports back in the 90's but these days Shell and Esso charge far too much for their fuel.

I've been buying Hydra Fuels additives for the past 5 years or so. The diesel additive is very good so is the petrol.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I don't doubt the efficacy of premium fuels like Shell and Esso but our cars have the dual combustion cycle so in effect if you just use a decent octane petrol this clever engine design does the rest.

I have been a buyer of V Power or Optimax as it was when I was running high performance grey imports back in the 90's but these days Shell and Esso charge far too much for their fuel.

I've been buying Hydra Fuels additives for the past 5 years or so. The diesel additive is very good so is the petrol.

ISF's dont

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I tend to use 99ron Tesco 75% of the time and Shell the other 25%.  I remember watching a programme that showed Vpower cleaning cylinders and inlet valves better than the rest due to the additives used in it.  Locally it’s 10p dearer that Tesco so also feel they are charging a bit too much.  If it was 2-3p I would use it more but it just ‘feels’ like I’m being bummed every time I go.  

3 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Esso Synergy 99 is the best. It's the only one that's 0% ethanol.

Yes completely agree, my local Esso stocks this BUT very few people buy it which makes me wonder how fresh the fuel is. I just stick to V-power mainly. 

Ive never used E10 in the ISF.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 2:55 PM, Duggie B said:

Can I ask why not ? What is wrong Tesco Momentum ?

I had a Avensis and a Rav4 before I got my Lexus. Tried them both on Tesco petrol and neither of them ran well on it and where I live is hilly and had to go down a gear on Tesco fuel. When I went back to good fuel they both ran much better. 

On 6/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, BTCC_ Racer said:

Yes completely agree, my local Esso stocks this BUT very few people buy it which makes me wonder how fresh the fuel is. I just stick to V-power mainly. 

Ive never used E10 in the ISF.

It should keep much better it's the ethanol that makes it Go off 

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/14/2022 at 2:31 PM, Spark plug said:

I had a Avensis and a Rav4 before I got my Lexus. Tried them both on Tesco petrol and neither of them ran well on it and where I live is hilly and had to go down a gear on Tesco fuel. When I went back to good fuel they both ran much better. 

My GS-F doesn't complain running on Tesco 99 Momentum....each to their own I guess

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Duggie B said:

My GS-F doesn't complain running on Tesco 99 Momentum....each to their own I guess

Our GSF has no issues either. 

7 hours ago, Duggie B said:

My RCF is just pleased to have any fuel in it!!

• Haha 3

I refuelled both my Ls400 on E5 and my Honda Legend with E10       the other day .............  spent a miserly @£265  :whistling:

Malc

34 minutes ago, Malc said:

I refuelled both my Ls400 on E5 and my Honda Legend with E10       the other day .............  spent a miserly @£265  :whistling:

Malc

And yet many people (almost) willingly think nothing of paying £4 for a pint  of ale (£32 per gallon !)

A strange old World.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

of paying £4 for a pint  of ale

wot !  .  I wish .  pubs here in my part of Kent it's £5 a pint ..........  £40 a gallon :whistling:  ..  that's inflation for you eh !

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Malc

You mean, you added £265 of smile juice 😉

I'm hoping the stars never align where I have to fuel the NX, both LS's and the GS all in one day, would be enough to make me need a £5 pint! 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Womble72 said:

My ISF got £103 in it…….I wasn’t very pleased 😂

I pay at the pump, will only let me go to £99.  I’m going to pretend it cost me  that much to fill a tank.

• Haha 1

Here goes, I’ve decided to advertise her for sale if she’s sell she sells if not then I’ll just keep her for a while longer. 

2010(10) 
102,000 Miles with full Dealer history 

Recent brakes,radiator and water pump.

Dechromed window trims (Painted not wrapped) and rear badges blacked out but only plasti dip so can go chrome again.

11 months MOT (no advisories)

Fantastic condition only just painted the bonnet ,wings and rear bumper myself and have pictures of this. 

Private plate will be removed 

£18,995 o.n.o

2396C8AB-65C9-46D3-A41F-84A1035E3AAD.thumb.jpeg.547911f77f61590169a5fe7190c02632.jpegCC2DF595-729B-480E-B008-7CE0CB049797.thumb.jpeg.037a903eeb9e8e2169a2591d826c9e79.jpeg39D81B54-36EE-4B8C-B80F-556FAB417046.thumb.jpeg.cb89dba2b20dccc5d55270001c101a19.jpegD830A8B4-BC58-457A-B0CE-AFC60BF53DB0.thumb.jpeg.de30398839a4e38bfbfe42f171f6b3e9.jpegE075BC01-A38F-4C66-A27D-786CFE31EC24.thumb.jpeg.b1cd3286eb58dcade0c8d0f5040ea55c.jpeg60ED9D43-E06F-4AE7-A863-93CBF74C257D.thumb.jpeg.fd39ff21a5c04fd16abb8726d52e781a.jpeg249413CF-AFAE-4B4D-8694-3322AE2C6AF1.thumb.jpeg.4949c39a3aab7644dc7c48db2942053c.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links