Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper blades is300h

I have Bosh Aerotwins fitted to my is300h f sport for the last 6 months.  Very disappointed with their noise levels after 6 months of usage .

I'm hearing alot about Denso Hybrids .

What's everyone's option /opinion ?

I had Lexus fit new wiper blades some 4 years ago at a service (they are branded Toyota Optifit) - they have been excellent over all that time (and some 60k miles in all sorts of weather). Just starting to think about fitting new ones now as they are starting to judder a little bit and will definitely go OEM again - excellent value for money IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Recommend the Denso hybrids, eurocarparts or carparts4less used to sell them and you'd get a good deal when a discount offer was on (about 90percent of the year)

It looks like they may not be supplying them any more? Not sure why not as they have done them for years.

Part references from memory are DU-060R (600mm for drivers side) and DU-045R (450mm for passenger side) Do check though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nowadays when I need to replace wipers I use Bosch.  This is because I find it convenient to pop into one of their garages and not because of any objective belief that their wipers are any better than the many others I have used over the years, e.g. Denso, Valeo, Michelin etc., etc.  In fact, based on the simple observation that the useful life of any of these brands, including Bosch, can vary enormously from one purchase to the next, I have long since come to believe that durability and performance is far less dependent on intrinsic product quality than such largely unpredictable and ungovernable factors of damage and wear as frequency of use, weather-related or otherwise, exposure to heat or cold, cleanliness of windscreen, nature and amount of environmental dirt etc.  As a consequence it could very well happen that one set of wipers is subjected to different amounts of stress than your previous or successive purchases, making comparisons meaningless.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:47 AM, ColinBarber said:

They are essentially what is fitted from the factory. Work well and if you purchase when on offer are good value. 

Hi Colin,

Just ordered a pair of these:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/255489534014

You say that is the OEM; I trust you.

That is a way to get cheap wipers, enough for all 3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Hi Colin,

Just ordered a pair of these:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/255489534014

You say that is the OEM; I trust you.

That is a way to get cheap wipers, enough for all 3.

Not sure if these are OEM or just compatible - the manufacturer is listed as "Good Rain" ...

Would be very interested to hear how you install them and how they perform!

Yes Denso as originally come from factory.  I replaced mine from Euro Car Parts when they were on offer a couple of years ago but now need replacement.  I think it is very likely that mine suffered due to cement/sand dust during building work.  I did check immediately before the MOT and found one had split at the end where they often suffer.  Due to time constraints, I used the expedient of sticking the split with super glue which stopped a fail.  Meanwhile I found the cost of these wiper blades had increased considerably.  I therefore researched what rubbers only were available of the same size, thickness and profile.  I found a possibility from Latvia or Lithuania I think it was, (must check).  I ordered the longer one for £6 inc postage.  This has now arrived and I will need to slide in the existing Denso metal strips, offer up to the existing Denso holder and refit to car.  If this works I will order the shorter one and perhaps a couple of spares.

I will follow up with a posting in due course after some use. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, route66 said:

Not sure if these are OEM or just compatible - the manufacturer is listed as "Good Rain" ...

So, you think that a seller can be judged by his name and is selling something that is not Denso Hybrid when that is what he tells he sells.

He has 93% perfect and those items not perfect are not fitting wiper, while searching Denso items he is selling there is 100% satisfaction, so I think he might be good.

3 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Yes Denso as originally come from factory.  I replaced mine from Euro Car Parts when they were on offer a couple of years ago but now need replacement.  I think it is very likely that mine suffered due to cement/sand dust during building work.  I did check immediately before the MOT and found one had split at the end where they often suffer.  Due to time constraints, I used the expedient of sticking the split with super glue which stopped a fail.  Meanwhile I found the cost of these wiper blades had increased considerably.  I therefore researched what rubbers only were available of the same size, thickness and profile.  I found a possibility from Latvia or Lithuania I think it was, (must check).  I ordered the longer one for £6 inc postage.  This has now arrived and I will need to slide in the existing Denso metal strips, offer up to the existing Denso holder and refit to car.  If this works I will order the shorter one and perhaps a couple of spares.

wiper blades here have a hard life, when sand from Sahara is dangerous for lungs it is also for windshields and wiper blades, so fine that it is only to see when there is lots of it and the sky turns orange.

28 minutes ago, serbarry said:

I have found these 2 types but I have not yet bought them:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/403313131752

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/352496073672 

One thing is for sure, that all sellers sell quality and top quality. I saw that Colin said Denso Hybrids are OEM, so that is what I bought. If that is what I get, only time will tell. If not, Lexus / Toyota here have the 2 front wipers for a bit more than 50€. Seldom use the rear wiper, do not remember having replaced it, so if it has not been that during a service it is now 6 years old. I never rain in California and same here.

5 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I therefore researched what rubbers only were available of the same size, thickness and profile.  I found a possibility from Latvia or Lithuania I think it was, (must check).  I ordered the longer one for £6 inc postage.  This has now arrived and I will need to slide in the existing Denso metal strips, offer up to the existing Denso holder and refit to car.

I'm not sure it's as simple as this.

There are small rubber catches on the ends of the strip, that stop the rubbers sliding all the way off, laterally.

Without those, the rubbers will eventually just slide off or become loose.

1 hour ago, matt8 said:

I'm not sure it's as simple as this.

There are small rubber catches on the ends of the strip, that stop the rubbers sliding all the way off, laterally.

Without those, the rubbers will eventually just slide off or become loose.

Quite right and the replacement I have obtained is made in the same way. You just  order your appropriately sized length. It is NOT just a length of rubber that you cut to size. 

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

Quite right and the replacement I have obtained is made in the same way. You just  order your appropriately sized length. It is NOT just a length of rubber that you cut to size. 

Sorry Barry. I misread your initial message. I thought you had said you had ordered a longer one (i.e. enough to cut a couple of blades of rubber out of one), but I think you meant the longer of the two cost you £6. Makes sense now I've read it again.

19 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Hi Barry. How did you get on and if successful let us know where you ordered from / provide links? Same thing as you the ends of mine slightly gone so will glue for MOT next week. Also, to save the planet (and a few quid) makes sense to replace just the rubbers if the rest of the arms are still in good and working condition.

To update 

I bought a set of Denso Hybrids from Euro Car parts and tested them today on a wet 2 hour journey .I'm well impressed .no noise , and do the job well .

Maybe not as fancy looking as the Bosch Aerotwins but doing the job well

On 11/11/2022 at 3:31 PM, Las Palmas said:

So, you think that a seller can be judged by his name and is selling something that is not Denso Hybrid when that is what he tells he sells.

He has 93% perfect and those items not perfect are not fitting wiper, while searching Denso items he is selling there is 100% satisfaction, so I think he might be good.

That's not just his name - it is also listed as the manufacturer which suggests not Denso.

But that's not to say they are definitely not Denso, and as you say, the store has a great rating - although its actually 99.3 and not "just" 93 as you mentioned.

Whatever, I'm very keen to hear how you get on!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:46 AM, route66 said:

Received the rubber inserts today. Stop bits in both ends so 2 rubber inserts can be cut to fit all 3 wipers. Have not yet installed as the OEM ones I have are still not a year old and function fine even though we here have sand from Sahara in the air pretty often. Dangerous for people with breathing problems (asthma etc.) and probably not good for wiper blades and windscreens either.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links