Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gsf up for sale

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

wow, that's a serious chunk of cash for a 4 1/2 year old car.  In today's market I expect that will stick around for a while at that price......  or it will be discounted fairly quickly to move it on.

Wonder what the trade in value was ? ....assuming it was traded in that is.

Not sure about the orange F badges🤔.

Well the car buying sites that I've been informed offer a better price than main dealers value it at £32K so I suspect this poor dealer has to make up for all those overheads etc 

On the Yaris GR forum there have been several comments about the insulting offers main dealers have given.

7 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Well the car buying sites that I've been informed offer a better price than main dealers value it at £32K so I suspect this poor dealer has to make up for all those overheads etc 

On the Yaris GR forum there have been several comments about the insulting offers main dealers have given.

Indeed. But not normally £17k… average profit is £2-4k per used car depending on the dealer group. Dealers at the moment have a problem where they bought used cars at higher prices than the market is now at, at the same time demand has slowed given cost of living pressures. Many dealers now banned from buying cars until new year when they hope cars will start shifting again.

If a dealer is going to send your car straight to auction, not surprising they give a lower offer to cover their risk & time sending it there. But if it’s a car they want to sell on their forecourt, generally give a better price (mirroring what they might pay at auction + buyers fees there). 

9 hours ago, Killysprint said:

wow, that's a serious chunk of cash for a 4 1/2 year old car.  In today's market I expect that will stick around for a while at that price......  or it will be discounted fairly quickly to move it on.

Yes. I’m sure if you watch it, the price will come down a bit. Ultimately a battle of wills - what did the dealer pay for it and how much are they prepared to lose, vs what is someone prepared to pay… 

12 hours ago, Killysprint said:

I’m inclined to agree considering the age and mileage!  Feels a good way out….

I wonder if there is a preconception in some sellers eyes that a V8 is a rare positive selling point as they slowly die out.  I’m not sure we’re quite there yet, fuel prices still put people off and they aren’t quite rare enough (V8s generally) for enthusiasts to chase after them…..

Give it another few years and values will start to creep up!

What’s criminal is how few of these awesome cars sold vs the German ***** box’s that sell in their 000’s. It’s quite beyond me why someone would buy a C or E 63 over one of these or an Audi RS/S 4 or 6. 

The GSF is seriously under rated albeit some motoring journalists seem to appreciate how awesome they are,

1 hour ago, Brian Ellis said:

What’s criminal is how few of these awesome cars sold vs the German ***** box’s that sell in their 000’s. It’s quite beyond me why someone would buy a C or E 63 over one of these or an Audi RS/S 4 or 6. 

The GSF is seriously under rated albeit some motoring journalists seem to appreciate how awesome they are,

Probably because the GSF is very understated and not understood at all. You have to know this car to recognize it. Just look at the RS6 and the E63. you cant get more agressive flashy in your face styling than that, Combine that with thunderous noise and you have the preferred motor for those that seek attention. The GSF is way too civilized for that. It is not a motor you can show off with as nobody recognises it. 

• Like 1

Although Toyota has made performance marks before, Lexus is young and the IS F being the 'first', the German brands have history on their side. Plus as stated above, GS F is fairly inconspicuous, I can remember the crazy amount of times people would ask if mine was a hybrid... and the whole modding scene is more apparent in German cars and the aftermarket businesses are more focused in that area. The US and parts of Asia have some representation but it doesn't appear as much in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

I am intrigued as to why the white one hasn't been sold to a dealer, oh wait I know, because they only give you pennies and then stick £10k on to it to sell 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Yes, because main dealers cannot keep a car for more than a certain number of days.

I take it you mean reserved for a certain number of days?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links