Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tarbuck

Lmafudd

Can anyone tell which Lexus Jimmy Tarbuck was driving during his recent 'hit and run' escapade?

Papers state a 'Green, 2 litre model' but I can't tell from the images and I'd like to know if my car is capable of shunting another 'the length of 3 houses' and still get me home!

I wonder why he didn't stop? Answers on a postcard perhaps?

I've just taken a look at the clip of the accident (it's on The Independent's website) - he had the UX up on two wheels when he hit the other car...Crikey! All I'll say with regards to the shunt - if that's the length of three houses, then those houses must be very narrow!

Speaking of Terreane Khaki, whenever anyone asks me what colour my NX is - I always find myself saying it rather aggressively with a Japanese Accent! 😳😄 Maybe it's the colour that causes aggressiveness?! 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

I always thought that Tarby had the numberplate COM 1C but this is on a Kia apparently.

Correct, I saw him in COM1C donkeys years ago, it was a Rolls Royce then. Don't know if it's still in the family or not.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 4:50 PM, Mincey said:

I always thought that Tarby had the numberplate COM 1C but this is on a Kia apparently.

There are quite a few shots with it on a Mercedes.  In one of them Tarbuck is actually holding the plate in position.  So it looks like it was also a stick-on option for a photoshoot.

As for his driving….well, his behaviour was disgraceful.  I’m sure he had very good reasons for not waiting at the scene for Police to turn up with a Breathalyser!

I don’t know if it was a first offence, but he seems to have got away relatively lightly - unlike the owners of the cars he hit.  Perhaps his daughter, Lisa - who I thought had developed in to a fine and versatile actor - would now explain to him why he should hand over the keys to the Lexus to a more sober personality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LenT said:

There are quite a few shots with it on a Mercedes.  In one of them Tarbuck is actually holding the plate in position.  So it looks like it was also a stick-on option for a photoshoot.

As for his driving….well, his behaviour was disgraceful.  I’m sure he had very good reasons for not waiting at the scene for Police to turn up with a Breathalyser!

I don’t know if it was a first offence, but he seems to have got away relatively lightly - unlike the owners of the cars he hit.  Perhaps his daughter, Lisa - who I thought had developed in to a fine and versatile actor - would now explain to him why he should hand over the keys to the Lexus to a more sober personality.

Yes Len, there is no way he comes out of this looking good. At best due to age he isn't in control of the vehicle. At worst he's been out for a drink and isn't in control of the vehicle. Possibly is not even aware paticularly of what he's done. In either scenario he does not belong on the road in what is in the wrongs hands a lethal weapon. I don't want to sound sanctimonious given in my youth before these laws developed fully I was equally guilty of such reckless behaviour, but thankfully most of us understand what those rules are there for and we have grown up enough to follow them.

• Like 3

I see he hit more than one car "during the afternoon" - if you take a look at the video on the daily mail site its a corsa he hit......not sure if this was before or after the prius - to be honest £700 fine and a few points feels a bit light for what looks like more than 1 fail to stop 

• Like 1

Yeah - escaped lightly because he is TV persona, other person would have gone to jail for that. Multiple counts of dangerous driving, hit and run and finally... he must have been high on something to do this. Alcohol, medicine, maybe both... There is no way somebody crashes as bad as he did and then continues to drive swiping other cars. So dangerous driving under influence is like 5 year jail. Perhaps some leniency considering his age, but should be at least suspended term.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Yeah - escaped lightly because he is TV persona, other person would have gone to jail for that. Multiple counts of dangerous driving, hit and run and finally... he must have been high on something to do this. Alcohol, medicine, maybe both... There is no way somebody crashes as bad as he did and then continues to drive swiping other cars. So dangerous driving under influence is like 5 year jail. Perhaps some leniency considering his age, but should be at least suspended term.

Agreed. His licence should have been taken away. He should attend a driving examination. Which he would probably fail... He should use taxi's. He can afford to have his own taxi and driver... Or better still employ someone to drive him. Before he kills someone...

• Like 3

From Wikipedia...   On May 15, 2023 Tarbuck was involved in a series of driving offences. He caused damage to vehicles while driving in Coombe Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames near his home. According to court documents he pleaded guilty to a series of driving offences committed near his south-west London home. The incident is reported to have occurred a few days after his sister’s funeral. He admitted driving a mechanically propelled vehicle without due care and attention, failing to stop and to give his name and address after a road accident, and failing to report an accident.[15]

He should have definitely been banned... And not able to drive again until DVLA Swansea allow... My wife was stopped from driving because of her MS. She never ever drove like he did on 15th May...!!! 

• Like 3

I don't even understand how this counts as driving "without due care and attention". I mean for first accident, yeah that would be applicable, but once he crashed first time and he continue to drive (actually tries to flee) and crash again that is already "dangerous driving". So in principle - he has crashed, he is in the vehicle which is no longer road worthy (presumably) and he is trying to flee the accident and then causes another accident, this is 100% "dangerous driving". "Without due care" means "accident", something that one didn't plan to do and it was just lapse of attention, but once person is fleeing the crash that cannot be called "without due care", his actions are deliberate. I would drop "preventing course of justice" on him as well. 

So driving ban - 100%, but I reckon it could have been much more than driving ban. But I guess in this case they were lenient because of "no previous convictions" and similar stuff. Needless to say very light punishment and most people do no get such treatment in UK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I don't even understand how this counts as driving "without due care and attention". I mean for first accident, yeah that would be applicable, but once he crashed first time and he continue to drive (actually tries to flee) and crash again that is already "dangerous driving". So in principle - he has crashed, he is in the vehicle which is no longer road worthy (presumably) and he is trying to flee the accident and then causes another accident, this is 100% "dangerous driving". "Without due care" means "accident", something that one didn't plan to do and it was just lapse of attention, but once person is fleeing the crash that cannot be called "without due care", his actions are deliberate. I would drop "preventing course of justice" on him as well. 

So driving ban - 100%, but I reckon it could have been much more than driving ban. But I guess in this case they were lenient because of "no previous convictions" and similar stuff. Needless to say very light punishment and most people do no get such treatment in UK. 

On this occasion we are in complete alignment. I also cannot correlate the offence with the penalty. In joke parlance "it must be the way he tells them".

Occasionally looking at some of these Cop programmes that seem to be on all the time these days the sentence seems consistent, ie very lenient.

I suspect a greater sentence would only be handed out in the event of injury or death.

5 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

From Wikipedia...   On May 15, 2023 Tarbuck was involved in a series of driving offences. He caused damage to vehicles while driving in Coombe Gardens, Kingston-Upon-Thames near his home. According to court documents he pleaded guilty to a series of driving offences committed near his south-west London home. The incident is reported to have occurred a few days after his sister’s funeral. He admitted driving a mechanically propelled vehicle without due care and attention, failing to stop and to give his name and address after a road accident, and failing to report an accident.[15]

Perhaps the only redeeming feature of this Wikipedia account is that it doesn’t record that Tarbuck was driving a Lexus - unlike the general media!

No doubt if he had been in a BMW, Mercedes or similar, that may also have attracted a media mention.  In a Vauxhall or Ford?  Possibly not so much.

But whereas I am indifferent to the news that ‘famous comic and show business great’ chooses a Lexus to drive around in, I can’t help feeling aggrieved that it was also the car pointedly involved in two hit and runs, a leaving the scene of an accident and a failure to report it.  As has already been said, all surely grounds for a retest at the very least.

Did Tarbuck really not notice all the nearside scratches and maybe wonder how that happened?  Did he think it was possibly just an understandable audience response to an earlier gig?

And was he still so distraught after his sister’s funeral, several days earlier, that it was realistically offered in mitigation?

Unfortunately, having pleaded guilty and been fined, I doubt that he can be retried on the grounds of undue leniency.  Sadly, it’s the Court that comes at as a total joke in this sorry affair.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 6:56 PM, LenT said:

Sadly, it’s the Court that comes at as a total joke in this sorry affair.

….comes out as….     (Just for the record!). 🙁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links