Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Standard Alarm

:blink:

Can anyone tell me how the alarm is triggered on the IS apart from opening doors / boot or turning the ignition?? Are there motion sensors in the car somewhere?

Reason ask is I ran into the shops the other day leaving kids in the car, out of habit I locked the car from the key fob as I was walking away.......... anyhow 2 mins later the alarm went off............ I know for definite the kids didn't open the doors as I was looking at the car through the shop window.............. so just wondering what triggers the alarm in that situation? :geek:

Anyone?

the microwave sensors are built into the dome light - in the area of the 2 ridges.

u can test it as follows,

have one of the windows down, close door, set alarm as norm, wait for 30 secs until light on dash does it business ( can remember if it flashes rapidly or just stays on) when it returns to normal put ur arm in thru the open window - alarm should go off.

if not u can have the sensitivity adjusted at the dealer.

Aha  :hehe:  :hehe:

Colin, car is a 2003........... I though second pressing the key fob just double locks the doors  :question:  I definitely don't get 5 light flashes......... just 1 extra flash on the double press

Mines a 2003. First press 1 flash, second press no flash but you can hear the locks go again. Is that double locked? or have I been leaving my car vunerable for the past 9 months :crying:

Yes on the newer models a second press is dead locking. Early models always deadlocked and the second press turns off the interior sensor.

There is a way to turn off the sensor on your model - cannot remember how, it should be in your owners manual though.

Cheers............... don't really want to turn it off, was just curious what was activating the alarm seeing as the doors / boot / ignition weren't and there are no blatantly obvious signs of interior movement detection............. never thought of the dome light having sensor.............. clever chaps those Lexus boys :D :D :D

Damer, now that I think of it there is no second flash, just the sound of the deadlocks going on.............. get into the habit of double pressing :zee:

u can test it as follows

Or wash the car early on a Sunday morning. The slight movement of the centre of the roof as you wash it sets off the alarm. Neighbours love it. :blush:

Can you get the sensitivity of the interior microwave motion sensor in the dome light adjusted at the Lexus garage?

Apparently so .......

if not u can have the sensitivity adjusted at the dealer.

Aha  :hehe:  :hehe:

Colin, car is a 2003........... I though second pressing the key fob just double locks the doors  :question:  I definitely don't get 5 light flashes......... just 1 extra flash on the double press

Mines a 2003. First press 1 flash, second press no flash but you can hear the locks go again. Is that double locked? or have I been leaving my car vunerable for the past 9 months :crying:

what! .....no automatic mirror closure :whistling:

Mine flashes once on first push. Second push you hear the locks going again and I get 5 flashes. Car is a 2000 on W plate.

Another thing is it sometimes locks it's self! Walk away with the key and locks go. Had it once when I left my step daugher in the car, she say's car locked it's self then alarm went off.

Anyone else had this?

Mine flashes once on first push. Second push you hear the locks going again and I get 5 flashes. Car is a 2000 on W plate.

Another thing is it sometimes locks it's self! Walk away with the key and locks go. Had it once when I left my step daugher in the car, she say's car locked it's self then alarm went off.

Anyone else had this?

If you press the "unlock" button ........ and don't physically open any of the doors, after about 20 seconds - the doors will auto lock.

it should not lock itself at all, mat and i have had the car lock itself when the boot closed but that has only happened once.

would ask the dealer to run a test on it.

oh as its a 2000 then with the first push u get the dealocks and the alarm, with the second push and 5 flashes u disable the interior sensor.

If you press the "unlock" button ........ and don't physically open any of the doors, after about 20 seconds - the doors will auto lock.

My GS does this too, so it's quite normal :winky:

My GS does this too, so it's quite normal :winky:

Can understand the unlock button and 20 seconds but with the kid in the car incident I just parked up outside a shop, left her in the car and it auto locked

• 1 month later...

I have a 2000 model IS, when i double press on the lock button I get five flashes, which should indicate that the microwave sensor is deactivated. How do I reactivate my motion sensor? Do I have to double press on the lock again?.

I rolled my windows down and put my hand through the windows after double pressing the lock button and nothing happens.

I never got a manual so maybe someone can help me. OK, the question is, how do I reactivate the motion sensor :question:

trinilex.

I have a 2000 model IS, when i double press on the lock button I get five flashes, which should indicate that the microwave sensor is deactivated. How do I reactivate my motion sensor? Do I have to double press on the lock again?.

I rolled my windows down and put my hand through the windows after double pressing the lock button and nothing happens.

I never got a manual so maybe someone can help me. OK, the question is, how do I reactivate the motion sensor :question:

trinilex.

When you press it twice = Deactivated (only stays deactivated for this arming - ie the next time you lock the car it will be activated)

Press it once after it is deactivated = re-activated

If that makes sence :duh:

I have a Is200 05 plate, and there are sensors in the front seats. If you sit in the car with engine on in passenger seat, and leave seat belt off, the seat belt light on the dash flashs, lift up and it goes off,

Turn the alarm on with you inside the car, and sit on the passenger seat, alarm goes off!

I have a Is200 05 plate, and there are sensors in the front seats.  If you sit in the car with engine on in passenger seat, and leave seat belt off, the seat belt light on the dash flashs, lift up and it goes off,

Turn the alarm on with you inside the car, and sit on the passenger seat, alarm goes off!

nope thats the Motion sensors, that are setting the alrm off,

the sensor in the seat is only for the seatbelt warning light

I have a Is200 05 plate, and there are sensors in the front seats.  If you sit in the car with engine on in passenger seat, and leave seat belt off, the seat belt light on the dash flashs, lift up and it goes off,

nope thats the Motion sensors, that are setting the alrm off,

the sensor in the seat is only for the seatbelt warning light

Might have made more sense if after double locking (interior sensor deactivated) any pressure on the drivers seat (since it has a sensor anyway) then sets the alarm off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links