Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What could improve your Lexus?

Steve

I think i speak for everybody when i say the engine on the IS200 needs to be improved! it seems very reluctant to get going, enhance low down torque or something ( ie at a stop, put your foot down and nothing really happens for a while)

Quite right Rob, thats the only complaint i have and short of spending mega-bucks there doesnt seem to be an easy answer to the engine problem.

Apart from self-cleaning alloys Steve, i think the IS200 is a wonderful car:yes:

Memory on the electric seats?

[Edited on 21-3-2002 by Wallace]

Controls on the steering wheel. Even basic cars have something useful.

Lights on the rear pillar for passengers.

Remaining fuel by distance (unless this is on the newer one)

Parking sensors on the manual. Why only for autos?

I would go for that memory on the seats thingy, my wife is 5'1" and I'm 6' so i have to adjust the seat before i can get in.............................I wish she would put it back sometime!:mad:

Controls on the steering wheel. Even basic cars have something useful.

Lights on the rear pillar for passengers.

Remaining fuel by distance (unless this is on the newer one)

Parking sensors on the manual. Why only for autos?

I don think it is standard for autos.. the reason why the car bleeps whilst in reverse on an auto is in case you accidentaly put the car into reverse. Even my old tub has it.

but then again i havent driven an IS YET (hint hint)

I would like;

1) Better engine - and a redline at circa 8k rpm

2) Cruise Control

3) Better mpg

As for other people's perceptions - doesn't bother me one jot what other people think..... Everyone knows what a 3 series or A4 is, they don't know the IS200, everyone knows what a 348 or 911 is, they don't know the NSX.

If you know your cars well - you get the more exclusive and arguably better car! :D

I would like;

1) Better engine - and a redline at circa 8k rpm

2) Cruise Control

3) Better mpg

As for other people's perceptions - doesn't bother me one jot what other people think..... Everyone knows what a 3 series or A4 is, they don't know the IS200, everyone knows what a 348 or 911 is, they don't know the NSX.

If you know your cars well - you get the more exclusive and arguably better car! :D

I like that last part sammy! excellent! :smilegrin:

Cruise control

Steering wheel controls for audio etc

Better torque at low speed

Better MPG

Onboard computer

Bigger cubby holes

Place to put mobile phone! That's my biggest problem so far!! (In fact I was watching todays UK news item on TV about dangers of using mobile phones when driving. Everyones got a mobile phone these days, so I think all car manufacturers should have to build in hands free kit + some sort of standard mounting socket should be developed and built into cars that will accept any make of phone)

Having said all that, makes it sound like I think the car's got lots of shortcomings! Not so, have had it two weeks now and absolutely love it, but guess you can always think of some improvements!

& less use of cheap plastics...... sorry to say it as I do think the Lexus is great and fantastic value for what it costs.... but the glovebox especially is made of low grade plastic that will mark far too easily. I don't take passengers often

:o >

but I still think it is bound to be caught at some point, and will mark!

I like the standard hands free kit idea !!

Factory Supercharger option

Factory LPG Option

Oh - and the steering does not give enough feedback, and is too light for my tastes..... I like things a little more firm.

now,

regarding the phone.......

you can buy a handfreeset, that plugs in the lighter with extender... works great, and load the batteries at the same time for as little as aprox 32 £.

I use it all the time.

buy one, brand = CCM..

no more phone probs

yezzzzzzzz

jacko

i wish i could remember where i saw it, but i do remember a picture of an is200 that had a mobile phone fitted in the bit where the centre armrest should be. i think they'd run some kind of cabling along the centre console to plug it in to the power/stereo.

It looked very tidy, I'll try and find the pic - cos without it my ramblings aren't much use!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links