Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Greatest Song Ever?

aido

Thought it would be interesting to see what you guys reckon the best song ever is - only one selection allowed - will be interesting to see what varied tastes we have in the club!

I am going with:

U2 - One

It has a lot of significance to some things that have happened to me over the last six months but is also a brilliant song - so what are you guys going to throw into the mix?

Personally for me its mainly R n B and Hip Hop.

If I have to choose it would have to be Gangsters Paradise by Coolio

Just listening to it in the car gives me a strong powerful feeling and I'm ready to start doing drivebys and Gangsta S***

Old Skool (from my point of view) but still holds up well :D

Some good songs here so far - in dance terms I also rate the Matt Darey stuff highly - that guy was a G_od back in the day - he's still knocking them out now, got one of his new CD's from the USA the other day!

Two of the songs above I've not heard, the Dire Straits one and the Badfinger one so will have a listen :)

What about the rest of you then?

I have so many 'favorite ' songs its really hard just to pick one :duh:

But if I had to choose I guess it would be..................

U2's Who's gonna ride your wild horses from Achtung Baby

All depends on the mood & occasion.....

absolutely.

songs I can ALWAYS listen to would be Rhapsody in Blue and Someone to watch over me - both are timeless classics by George Gershwin

(sheesh - you know you have an eclectic taste in music when this comes up and you cant decide between RCHP, Stevie Wonder, Mozart and Gershwin :blush: )

(sheesh - you know you have an eclectic taste in music when this comes up and you cant decide between RCHP, Stevie Wonder, Mozart and Gershwin  :blush: )

I've never heard of the Red Chilli Hot Peppers Matt :P

:) WOW!!!

I've spent the last 45 of my 58 years being a music fan and Hi-Fi 'buff' so; I must have heard mega-thousands of songs!

At school with the Beatles: hung out with stars in sixties.....then Bristol selling food to Massive Attack.....

SO....

MY favourite song is

'O gente da minha terra' by Mariza.

Sends chills down the spine; the words are deep/human/yearning; great stuff.

Closely followed by Milton Nascimento ;

'Cancoes e momentos',

which is apt for this whole 'Song' concept as the words say

'There are songs and there are moments

I don't know how to explain

how the voice is like an instrument

that cannot be controlled

it goes on through infinity,

it binds us all

in one single emotion

all the audience and the voice.

There are songs and there are moments

when the voice comes from deep within

and I don't know if it's from sadness

or when I'm full 0of joy.

I just know that there are moments

that create a union with a song

the making of this marriage

is what I live for'[/

Heard him sing this live in Barcelona and tears welled up in my eyes, (even though I didn't understand Portuguese then!!)

Oh!?? You want something in ENGLISH???

Oh well.

John Hiatt. 'Mile high' (extra track on 'Walk on'.)

( 'You are my Mile high')

In constant thanks to my wonderful companion Carole, who has blessed my life these many years with contentment.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links