Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ramadan 2005

Anees

I would just like to wish the Muslim members on LOC a good Ramadan and hope the fasts go well. :D

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. It is during this month that Muslims observe the Fast of Ramadan. Lasting for the entire month, Muslims fast during the daylight hours and in the evening eat small meals and visit with friends and family. It is a time of worship and contemplation. A time to strengthen family and community ties.

For those interested their is some more info here:

http://www.factmonster.com/spot/ramadan1.html

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not practise religion and am disgusted to see religion advertised on this site.

Please remove this post.

can_of_worms.jpg

Possibly...

Happy Ramadan... I have no issues with saying it, and i'm a practising SIKH!

I do not practise religion and am disgusted to see religion advertised on this site.

Please remove this post.

If you don't practise it Mike, then don't read it, I don't support football, or drink alcohol ... does that mean I should remove all football / alcohol related posts ? (this is another strange post from you Mike, something that I would have not expected)

This is not against LOC T's and C's ........ so it's not going anywhere.

Eid Burak to all the Muslims members .......... :D

I'm a born again C.hristian and I have no problem with this thread. We mention films, women, politics and all sorts of other things on this site cause there's more to all of us than just being car nuts. Good to see people seeking G.od and being friendly.

When I choose to fast I find it hard so feel for you guys.

I'm agnostic (http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/Russell/agnostic.htm) and feel that everybody is entitled to their own views. If I send everyone a Merry Xmas (at the right time of course) I would not expect any other religions to moan

So to everyone that believes - have a great Ramadan

My 2p

Suprised my Mr Morse reply.

Personally I don't practice any religion but I thought we were an "open church" at LOC Pun intended.

We all wish each other happy xmas, birthdays etc, don't see why Ramadan should be any different.

I also wish to pass on my best wishes for all those who celebrate Ramadan. aswell as hoping that your fasts go well, as i understand it this means that you cant smoke either during day light hours (i may be wrong, sorry if i am) so best of luck with that to all the smokers, i couldnt do it(but then i am weak lol) again have a good ramadan,

Please remove this post.

If you don't practise it Mike, then don't read it, I don't support football, or drink alcohol ... does that mean I should remove all football / alcohol related posts ? (this is another strange post from you Mike, something that I would have not expected)

This is not against LOC T's and C's ........ so it's not going anywhere.

Eid Burak to all the Muslims members .......... :D

I don't think that Mr Morse was complaining too much about wishing Muslims a happy Ramadan. You'd have to be pretty intolerant to object to that. However the original post went a bit further by:

1) Explaining the meaning of Ramadan...and

2) Giving a link to a website which further explains the history and which in turn gives links to a plethora of Islamic websites.

Now if I posted a Happy Easter to all Christians and then explained what Easter was all about and went on to give a link to ....etc etc... then what sort of can of worms might I be opening?

I have to confess to a little unease with the depth of this post and given that religion can be a great divider as well as a unifier then a simple "Happy Ramadan" might have been a bit more appropiate.

This thread welcomes relpies, but after 10min looking at the screen wondering how to reply without offending anyone i give up..... but i will say this...

I am not religious at all but i do realize somthing had to make ( the universe ) everyones views are 'right' and 'wrong' who knows? once we criticize somones beliefs the topic becomes 'personal'..... reality would suggest this is without foundation, no one on Earth can argue here and 'prove' any religious beliefs are right or wrong.... so why try?... go with the flow...be calm :D

Well that's my £1.27 worth...... for Cancer Research.

The intention was not one of offence nor was I having a pop at Islam.

My original post was compliant with the T&C of this site and is my own opinion, which I have a right to voice. The place for religion is in the home and the place of worship.

I'm not a religious person either, but my personal beliefs are : if people find comfort in beliving in these "holy spirits" (don't take my mis-understanding wrong), then fine. And as long as people can understand to live and let live then there won't be any of these "religious wars" happening.

On a slightly negative side it did however annoy me a bit when I read in Today's paper that a hospital had to remove all paintings and pictures of pigs (including a Piglet tissue box) as it could offend other religions. If there is be a live and let live society out there then things like this are going to prevent that from happening. We were told once in Bristol that the council were going be renaming a road cuz it is named Black Boy Hill ? I think things like this take it too far. After all, we also have another place in Bristol called Whiteladies Road - this was never asked to be renamed. Why do we have to have all these differences ? If you cut my arm, and I cut yours we will both bleed the same colour.

Ah well, that's better now it's off my chest :D

Happy Ramadan to all our fellow Muslims :)

My original post was compliant with the T&C of this site and is my own opinion, which I have a right to voice. The place for religion is in the home and the place of worship.

That's your personal point of view, but "religion isn't just worshiping at home". It can be done anywhere. Clearly if you don't like it, you don't have to be there.

Personally, if you didn't like the post, then you shouldn't have replied to it. Even though you saying it was complaint to the T&C's, it didn't come across like that. Everyone has right to make their views but there are ways of doing it! I am sorry but we do live in a world "political correctness".

Annotate 'It not what you say but the way you say it' matters here Mike. The place for religion is in the 'heart!'.....any disput could only realize passion within the replies.Try my way....... i belive....... i belive

In 'Miracles' you sexy thing :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links