Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Consumption

MAC_600

Hi all

Just wondered what sort of mpg people were getting out of their cars. There are lots of "Official" figures but how do they compare to real life use.

I've got a Mk1 GS300 sport and get about 22 mpg, with a high of about 25 mpg on a good run and under 20 for a lot of urban use.

So come on, let's see how you drive yours - are you a 50 mpg friend of the earth or a point it and shoot type of driver :D

I'm getting about 28mpg.. which is still amazing me.

That works out to be around 330 miles between fillups, which is essentially the same as my last IS. Considering my last IS was a 200 (as opposed to a 300) and had been run in.... not that I'm complaining, obviously :D

I don't need to thrash the 300 as much admittedly, but I certainly don't hang about.

Normally over 30mog, but the last tank was only 25, its all of this cold weather and short journeys to work for the wife. ( trying to get her to cycle to work- she says its dark and wet and cold, what about my poor Lexus :( )

at the mo about ......or between 30 and 5mpg

in a few months i think between......10 and 2 mpg :crybaby:

But think of the fun you will have doing that mpg.

Shame to have all that power, only to have it sapped by having to tow a fuel truck :unsure:

New to Lexus, just bought a MK1 GS300 a few weeks ago. It is dual-fuel (LPG), and as I've been watching the economy side quite closely, I know it is getting around 20ish MPG on gas, which at about 36p a litre works out at 40ish in the pound-per-mile stakes.

Milage is about 200 a week urban/commuting and a bit of a tickle around town/streets at the weekend.

Performance switching from gas to petrol is not noticeable either. More than chuffed so far.

According to the on-board computer I am getting 23.7mpg on average from my RX300 since the last service which was 6000 miles ago. The best I have ever had was an average of 25mpg but that was on a long run from Dover to Home (Thirsk in North Yorkshire).

The worst was an average of 18mpg but that was towing a big caravan.

Overall I am more than satisfied although £55/tank stills hurts at the time of payment!

:o I tend to get LPG. no ,not gas but lamp posts per gallon. Its quite thirsty and I guess im scared to work it out incase wifey realises its not as frugal as I told her it was when it was winking at me from the corner of the breakers yard. Who cares. I love it and talk to it like a baby. :yahoo:

I generally get about 29-30mpg on my Altezza, and that's with a pretty heavy foot too. Whenever I've been to Bath or something and had sedate traffic flow of 65-70 mph I've had 32-34 mpg, so i'd imagine even better at a granny-paced 56mph. Saying that, whenever I push it to 100+ I can see the fuel indicator moving... just about ;)

Not bad really. I run it exclusively on Optimax too though, which helps a smidge. I'll be town driving a lot for my new job though so I imagine that figure'll be much more around the 20mpg mark! :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this lexus lark. Bought a 2nd had Lexus Is 200

just over 2 weeks ago :D . T plate with 25,000 on the clock.

mint condition got it for a bargin, but I din't get it from a lexus dealer!!

Anyway filled up the tank with Optimax, as recommened cost jus under 50 quid :blink: , don't do a lot of miles.

Anyway got about 200 miles out of the tank.

So the average is working out to around about 14.8

I'm a little heavy footed at times :whistling: and havn't got used to the mpg gauge thing yet. But I will keep you posted.

Brian

Anyway got about 200 miles out of the tank.

Chr!st, is there a hole in it :hehe:

lexicon I was thinking that. I had a Impreza WRX import :whistling: and I got about 250 miles out of a tank

and it only took about 30 pounds.

But I sold it for desposit on a house. :D Now I'm only driving about 20 miles a day. So I don't know if it's has something to do with it being short journeys.

But I'll wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
Not bad really. I run it exclusively on Optimax too though, which helps a smidge. I'll be town driving a lot for my new job though so I imagine that figure'll be much more around the 20mpg mark! :sick:

Yep - getting aout 20mpg now doing town driving - 200 miles on a full tank, but the good thing is, now I'm working in Chiswick, I'm only doing 20miles round trip, so whereas I was doing 50miles round a day, I'm spending 1/2 as much on fuel a week, despite the lower economy :)

I'm averaging around 23mpg. I love watching the real-time dispay when you floor the accelerator....drops to 2.6mpg (I swear I can hear someone in the back bailing the fuel out of the tank and straight into the cylinders).

Years ago I owned a Rover 220 Turbo Coupe, even that had better fuel economy than my GS430 (just).

Wouldn't swap my GS430 though for anything though.

New to Lexus, just bought a MK1 GS300 a few weeks ago. It is dual-fuel (LPG), and as I've been watching the economy side quite closely, I know it is getting around 20ish MPG on gas, which at about 36p a litre works out at 40ish in the pound-per-mile stakes.

Milage is about 200 a week urban/commuting and a bit of a tickle around town/streets at the weekend.

Performance switching from gas to petrol is not noticeable either. More than chuffed so far.

stevej

Can you tell me where you had the gas conversion done and what did they charge you.

Many thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links