Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having A Debate With Myself?

aztecbandit1

I've been thinking of swapping my is200 for a while now and quite fancy a Soarer 2.5tt as i like the old school type of cars, but keep thinking is it worth swapping a 2000 plate is200 for the older car?? been thinking about it for the past week or so and i'm still not sure if its a good move so need some help or am i mad :blink: :duh:

Are they as reliable?? I know the fuel economy is not the best but that doesnt bother me at the moment :whistling:

Does the soarer have many problems engine wise for example how long do the turbos last i've searched a lot through the forums some questions i've found answers to some not, so i've even made myself a member on the LSOC soarer club to find out more on them but still not sure :unsure:

This is the one i've been looking at, What are your thoughts?? :D :ohmy:

1994 L Reg LEXUS SOARER 2.5 GT TWIN TURBO MANUAL

2 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Coupe, Petrol, Metallic Black. Air Bag, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Central Locking, Electric Sunroof, Digital Climate Control, Air Condition, APEXi Turbo Timer, HKS Induction Kit, Twin Stainless Steel Exhaust, Coilover Suspensions, 17" Chrome Split Rim Alloy Wheels, Rear Privacy Glass, Front Fog Lights, Very Rare 5 Speed Manual Model :D

I personally think that the Soarer is a real headturner.

If you are not bothered about the age of the car, and it's a really clean example (Like the one in the pic)

Then go for it. I don't think reliability is an issue...it's Japanese, but I'm sure you will get more info on those questions in the Soarer club.

I saw some lovely ones at JAE a couple of years ago.

I had a Soarer some years ago. It was the 4.0 but appart from the engine I think most of the rest of the car is similar.

Problems I had were new fuel pump. Leaky power steering pump (which leaked into the alternator). Broken window regulator. I had the air suspension which needed some work on it too towards the end, problem with one of the sensors. Other than that it was pretty fast, superbly comfortable and great to drive.

I have a Supra TT which has a similar engien to the Soarer TT, just a little bigger. I've had this car for 5 years and not had one single problem with it.

Toyota make great cars and I include my LS400 in that.

Go ahead, I don't think you'll regret it.

If you don't buy it then maybe I will :D

Chris

Thats a great looking car & I agree with trooper go for it. They are real classic old skool sports. You have been thinking about a few cars over the past few months & this is by far the best. The Is is a crackin car but you can always come back, not that many Soarers out there compared to Is's.

Go on you know you want too, make it a Xmas pressie to yourself :hohoho:

Good luck

Bobby

Looks great in Black, and I always liked those wheels. The pleasure of owning that would be more than enough to over-rule minor worries. All cars have little niggles eventualy, but Lexus quality makes them small normally! Could change your life! Pull up for job interview in that.........

Think the thing to do is go and give it a good test drive and have a good check of the car itself as i really think its a great looking model? the wheels set it off quite well and being as its got the turbo timer fitted looks like who owned it might have looked after it?? :unsure: they have a white one in aswell at the moment which just doesnt do it for me but is still nice at the same price of £3999

Heres a couple more pic's:

I had one and twas wicked.............I'd say go for as late a car as you can mine was a 1994.

If you can get a manual do as they are rarer and hold the value better.

On pre 94 cars look out for the blinky dash which can be a pain.

Check for oil leaks from the back of the engine as they suffer fron rear crank seal problems..........its a 5 hour job to fix.

go to the toyota imports forum where theres loads of info and some nice ones for sale...........there are a few supercharged V8's about which are amazing

Ahhhh, Keighley - I've heard good and bad reports about this place mate, so I'd ask around first for some reviews ;)

Good luck,

Jamie

More bad than good as I understand it....

Or something else along the lines of Toyota? Dizz bought himself this a few weeks back. Im jealous!

82bn0d3.jpg

89jxfrk.jpg

8g3x4s2.jpg

7w6dm5j.jpg

6ueq5u8.jpg

6p50vlv.jpg

80v98nq.jpg

The spec:

'97 Toyota Chaser Tourer V

400 PS (approx.)

ENGINE:

HKS Intercooler and Piping Kit

HKS Oil Cooler and Filter Relocation Block

HKS 2835 GT Pro Turbo

HKS Turbo Elbow

3 Layer Aftermarket Rad

Aftermarket Panel Air Filter

HKS Fuel Pump

HKS Front Pipe/Cat

Aftermarket Exhaust System (2 Silencers so Quiet)

SUSPENSION / BRAKES / WHEELS / DRIVE

Advan Racing RGII 17" alloys (including spare)

Massive brembo Front Brake Kit (F50?)

HKS GD Clutch

Aftermarket brake pads

Stainless Mesh Brake Lines

Tein Type HA Coilovers

BODY / EXTERIOR

Front Strut Brace

Kazama Auto Side Skirts (New)

Kazama Auto Rear Bumper (New)

Uras Front Bumper (New)

Front Crystal Corner Lights (New)

INTERIOR

HKS Fcon SZ Computer

HKS EVC 5 (With black Limited Edition Display)

TRD 320km Speedo

HKS Turbo Timer

Well been doing some searching as Mat sugested on the company and i still havn't found a good comment about them and there are loads of bad and one on the LOC saying how bad they are so i think i'll keep on looking as i'm in no rush for a change?

So thanks for the imput guys very good of you all and was worth the searching through google and ask jeeves to find out a bit more they sound like a right bunch of cowboys so i'll be walking away from that one :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links