Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2008

johnboy

They have big events there throughout the year, and dont appear to have any problems.

Lets all try and be positive about this event, pull together and make it a Jae to remember, it will only be as good as we make it, and we can make it a good event.

Also JAE will be held here for the next 3 years, so anything we learn from this year, can be applied next year.

Saying its too far is not an excuse, especially when we have our EURO members who travel hundreds of miles every year to join us at JAE.

Will the LOC stand be organised this year ?

I ask as unlike other club stands where there is some organisation LOC's is a glorified car park.

I suggest a committee is set up poste haste to try and get a stand worthy of the marque

I propose Mr Newsome as chairperson. I'll offer my feeble services as janitor............if we do this with prescribed areas of responsibility we could end up with something special

We, the members of the moderating/management team have been discussing items and ideas since last years JAE.

The plan is, as you say, to have it better organised, and not just a car park, but some of the ideas we had which needed to be organised, had to take a back seat until we new dates and venue.

OK..............with respect to you and the others John............every year I've gone (from 2004) has had big claims but ended up a shambles............

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed last year's JAE due to being on a biz trip, will certainly try to attend this year though!

we can both convoy with snowman as no doubt he will be coming too :)

We could always have a mini MK Convoy to JAE and pick up people on the way down

I missed last year's JAE due to being on a biz trip, will certainly try to attend this year though!

Sounds good to me, and we can get Adie too if he's coming from Northants, maybe even anyone coming down the M1 if we are organised enough to setup a convoy meetup beforehand?

As soon as i get more info on prices, hotels and exact location i will post on here,

Lets all make JAE 2008 a good one, and have a big turn out

i have the exact location :whistling:

log cabins are available, but are shared accomodation, (some are for 6 people some are for 10 persons) so perhaps a few members could all pitch in together

as far as i know you can also rent tents for the weekend

local hotels are pretty much non existent, in fact nieghbours are pretty much non existent :lol:

i am contacting the owners to get some prices, hopefully with our headstart maybe we can book a cabin if required ?

Sounds good to me, and we can get Adie too if he's coming from Northants, maybe even anyone coming down the M1 if we are organised enough to setup a convoy meetup beforehand?

sounds like a plan.

As soon as i get more info on prices, hotels and exact location i will post on here,

log cabins are available, but are shared accomodation, (some are for 6 people some are for 10 persons) so perhaps a few members could all pitch in together

local hotels are pretty much non existent, in fact nieghbours are pretty much non existent :lol:

i am contacting the owners to get some prices, hopefully with our headstart maybe we can book a cabin if required ?

All in one log cabin :o with all the rich food + Drink, whats it going to smell like :tomato:

They have big events there throughout the year, and dont appear to have any problems.

Lets all try and be positive about this event, pull together and make it a Jae to remember, it will only be as good as we make it, and we can make it a good event.

Also JAE will be held here for the next 3 years, so anything we learn from this year, can be applied next year.

Saying its too far is not an excuse, especially when we have our EURO members who travel hundreds of miles every year to join us at JAE.

I ask as unlike other club stands where there is some organisation LOC's is a glorified car park.

I suggest a committee is set up poste haste to try and get a stand worthy of the marque

I propose Mr Newsome as chairperson. I'll offer my feeble services as janitor............if we do this with prescribed areas of responsibility we could end up with something special

We, the members of the moderating/management team have been discussing items and ideas since last years JAE.

The plan is, as you say, to have it better organised, and not just a car park, but some of the ideas we had which needed to be organised, had to take a back seat until we new dates and venue.

OK..............with respect to you and the others John............every year I've gone (from 2004) has had big claims but ended up a shambles............

could have helped then.....

the biggest problem we have always had is people turning up, ditching there cars and not returning till much later...then getting in there cars and driving off.

meaning any pre planned parking arangement always goes tits up.

second problem is attitude, there seems to have been in the past few years an attitude of "i dont need to do something.....im just going to sit here with the 2 or 3 members i know"

meaning that those that go to help run it, end up, actually having to do everything, soon getting peeved at having to run around......and eventually want to sit down and enjoy it themself

there really isnt any great method to running it, if everyone mucks in .....unfortunatley they dont

turn up, park in an organised manner, and have fun, sounds simple...its not.

im supprised you have found them a shambles dave...and before now never said anything, or offered to help and assist in someway..maybe your thrusting abilities will make it run like clockwork this year.

im not sure i will make it this year, as i will either be in Afganistan or Iraq, should be ok though, there will be less hostility in either of those places

All in one log cabin :o with all the rich food + Drink, whats it going to smell like :tomato:

Dunno but

JAE could end up like this if not careful

mushroom_cloud.preview.jpg

Well after our experience last year when we never even got to see you guys :crybaby: we are def up for JAE this year :hehe: !

At least we don't have to go via Gloucestershire this time! LoL :lol: !

Anyone coming up fro the south west??

the biggest problem we have always had is people turning up, ditching there cars and not returning till much later...then getting in there cars and driving off.

second problem is attitude, there seems to have been in the past few years an attitude of "i dont need to do something.....im just going to sit here with the 2 or 3 members i know"

meaning that those that go to help run it, end up, actually having to do everything, soon getting peeved at having to run around......and eventually want to sit down and enjoy it themself

there really isnt any great method to running it, if everyone mucks in .....unfortunatley they dont

im supprised you have found them a shambles dave...and before now never said anything, or offered to help and assist in someway..maybe your thrusting abilities will make it run like clockwork this year.

im not sure i will make it this year, as i will either be in Afganistan or Iraq, should be ok though, there will be less hostility in either of those places

I have said stuff............a lot of stuff

In 2005 while you were comotose in your sleeping bag myself and ahmet organised the stand due to nothing being sorted out

2004 was similair with people asking where to pitch tents no guidance being given............then AFTER tents erected being told told to move them by you

2006 i can't comment on as I had my own stand

2007 was the same as 2005 in cars were allowed to park wherever due to no proper organisation.

Not sure what you mean by hostility I'm just saying what the majority of LOCers feel..........

I have offered to assist in the past and have offered any assistance I can give for 2008 to barrie earlier today.

If you want me to sort 2008 out it will be done :whistling:

If you do end up in either theatre of war I hope you get back safely BTW

I have said stuff............a lot of stuff

In 2005 while you were comotose in your sleeping bag myself and ahmet organised the stand due to nothing being sorted out

2004 was similair with people asking where to pitch tents no guidance being given............then AFTER tents erected being told told to move them by you

2006 i can't comment on as I had my own stand

2007 was the same as 2005 in cars were allowed to park wherever due to no proper organisation.

Not sure what you mean by hostility I'm just saying what the majority of LOCers feel..........

I have offered to assist in the past and have offered any assistance I can give for 2008 to barrie earlier today.

If you want me to sort 2008 out it will be done :whistling:

If you do end up in either theatre of war I hope you get back safely BTW

I remember 2004, Besty, Gus and Duncan, not to pleased at having to move the tents.

The toyota (toc) stand seem to have it all sorted, what do thay do ? have a plan, for parking etc.

As with Dave, im up for helping out.

Well after our experience last year when we never even got to see you guys :crybaby: we are def up for JAE this year :hehe: !

At least we don't have to go via Gloucestershire this time! LoL :lol: !

Anyone coming up fro the south west??

I shall be travelling from Bristol, hopefully there will a few of us.

I know a few LOCers live in the Bristol area.

I didnt get to go to JAE last year because I was working, however Im off this year.....only problem being it's a week before my wedding! :duh:

Will have to sweet talk the lady :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links