Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Barefoot

aido

OK I've always had this down as one of those things that birds do as the heels on their FMB's or FMShoes are too big but a mate of mine swears by it and gave it a go!

Bit weird but have to admit I like it - and luckily it's a summers day so I had all the windows open to get rid of the smell :D

Any of you lot do this regularly then?

Lol, random topic. Nothing like driving bare foot after playing footy for an hour and your feet are a bit sweaty! Blast the Air Con on and jobs a good'en! B)

its illegal in the states to drive barefoot.....

dunno about in the UK

Naaa mate, you are wrong about America. It's not illegal to drive a car barefoot there, and neither is it in the UK.

dunno about in the UK

So you ride a motor bike without a helmet but you cant drive bare foot? Sounds about right for the Americans!

a K9 Mr Whippy.

:lol: @Tony

Never tried it. (driving barefoot, not stepping in K9 Mr Whippys)

Yeah well i think we have all been there at some point.....

I would like to say to the PM "ban plastic bags".... Fine, now pick that Whippy up then.... What will you use "chopsticks" :whistling:

i do it most sundays after playing football to let my feet get some air after wearing football boots! :sick:

its surprising how heavy the pedals are with no shoes on

a K9 Mr Whippy.

:lol: @Tony

Never tried it. (driving barefoot, not stepping in K9 Mr Whippys)

So you have tried stepping in a K9 Mr Whippy then? :lol: (btw, that is the funniest name for a dog t**d that I've ever heard! :hehe: )

This is bizarre thread, but haven't tried it either, what makes it better than wearing shoes? :blink:

done it a few times but it doesn't feel as safe as driving with footwear.... i was driving a manual at the time and found the clutch changes abit painful after awhile and also you can press the brake harder with shoes...

is your aristo an auto? probably is easier with auto's... less to do and a bigger brake pedal...

I gave it a whirl in a Beemer, not tried it in mine yet but my mate who does it has manuals, saying that though from knowing him I think he has a bit of a fetish for taking his shoes off so that half explains it!!!

dunno about in the UK

Naaa mate, you are wrong about America. It's not illegal to drive a car barefoot there, and neither is it in the UK.

you can get prosecuted if caught, you can be classed as not being fully incontrol of your car

Well, my mate said her driving instructor recommended driving without shoes on, so if it's illegal then he's naughty!

I have to say most days I wear one heel and one bare foot. The bare one being the accelerator pedal. Mine's auto, so don't need to worry about the left heel getting broken! Lol x

maneesh i'm not wrong on this one mate.

as chris said, you can be prosecuted in the US for not having footwear on while driving!! i know as a policeman over there, a mate of the family, told me before and i thought it was a random law!!! it may vary from state to state but its certainly the case in Cali

Hopefully next weeks topic won't be .... "Driving Nude, It's MEGA!" :P :lol:

PMSL - don't worry fella - I wouldn't risk burning my bellend on the red hot leather :P

I think driving nude is a bit much too soon. I would imagine it could start with bare foot driving though. Then it could be shirtless, then trouserless, then say going from boxershorts to briefs, then a thong. There also might be a health risk involved in this. Us lucky people with air conditioned seats might be alright but imagine trying to peel yourself off your seat at the end of the journey.

Now I need an honest opinion. Have I looked too far into this? :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links