Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Old Car Should I Buy?

javadude

There's been a lot of threads like this recently, is everyone looking for a runaround? :unsure:

What I've learnt from all those threads is that the Ford Focus seems to be the general concensus but I'm interested to see if anything different comes out of this one :)

What old car should I buy if I was going to get something cheap, reliable, economic and family sized?

Depends on what you class as cheap. Cheap is a relative term.

What old car should I buy if I was going to get something cheap, reliable, economic and family sized?

Could always go for a used IS220D...cheap, mostly reliable, reasonably economic and family sized until the kids get near adult size :whistling: .

Could always go for a used IS220D...cheap, mostly reliable, reasonably economic and family sized until the kids get near adult size :whistling: .

He has got one :lol: :D

Cheap enough that I won't care when someone carves a series of deep gouges in the bonnet, or manages to put scratches in the entire width of the rear bumper. I'm getting a bit fed up with people complete lack of respect for other peoples property.

I'm also only doing about 10 miles a week at the moment as my current contract is in London. The car sits outside our house all week while I take the train and yet I'm spending nearly £400 per month HP and the same again for train fares.

Perhaps its time I spent < £2k on an old Jap car. I guess it would need to be carina/primera size for those odd times when it needs to be loaded up for hols etc although I don't like the look of either. I once drove an Avensis and it was so boring and boomy from road noise. Not sure I can bring myself to do this... I love my IS220 but it just seems like an expensive target for idiots at the moment.

I do like the look of the recent A3s although perhaps they're not attractive enough to get the wrong sort of attention. Probably too small for holidays etc though.

I decided to keep the car for now. If it happens again then its going though. I can't afford £250 excess too often :angry:

Here's the reason for my ownership doubts. £745 worth of damage to the bonnet... (Actually it doesn't look so bad in the photo. Its worse in real life plus there are other scratches out of photo.)

vandalised.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links