Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Mobile Do You Own?

Kazi

Model: apple Iphone 3g

Network: O2

Pro's;

Looks great

Great internet

iPod function

Email support

Fantastic User Interface

App Store

Video playback

Con's;

Poor Battery life

Buggy Software

Network switching between Edge/3g unreliable

Lack of Bluetooth functionality. As In, its to basic!

No option to customise message tone other than preloaded apple tones

No 2 apps can run at the same time

GPS slow to fix

Finger print magnet

All surfaces mark far to easily

Loudspeaker to quiet

Poor Camera

No video capture

No support for Adobe Flash player

Sure I could add one or two more to both lists but this is all I can think of at the moment. However, the handset is nice to use and often draws some attention to its looks. Functionality is ok, but some features need to be richer. Apples on the right track but need to listen to feedback. In conclusion, If I had to give the handset a rating out 5. 5 being best and 1 being poor, the Iphone 3g would be around the 3 out of 5 mark. Hope this helps anybody looking for honest feedback on the device. Im sure the handset would have scored a little more if the Network was able to enhance the phones capabilities instead of just frustrating me. Would I change the handset though? No, its still pretty different to anything out their and its user interface is great. Its still great use and syncs up with a PC or Mac very easily.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samsung u900 soul. lets me do everything I want to do with a phone, ie make calls, accept calls. clarity very good even on speaker. text,email etc which I rarely use. Has a fair 5mp camera but I have a 10.1mp camera. Has lots of other features which in all honesty I have no use for. It connects with my miniparrott in car but I still haven't managed to find a V50 to check out the inbuilt system in my car.

Nokia 6300. Stylish and not full of stuff I won't ever use. One of the best Nokia phones I've ever had.

Downsides: everyone seems to have one these days :whistling:

I've considered getting the Iphone but I've realised that eventually it would annoy me, with not having simple features like profiles and I don't like the keyboard for texting. Also at the moment I don't want to shell out for an expensive monthly plan too.

Jailbroken Iphone 3G - anything else is pure rubb.... (lol) - Only joking.

Jailbreak fixes the following;

No option to customise message tone other than preloaded apple tones - I can put any song I want as a ringtone for free ;o)

No 2 apps can run at the same time - Can run apps in the background

Loudspeaker too quiet - now luch louder

Poor Camera - Camera via app with zoom / brightness etc - I find the piccies quite reasonable for a phone

No video capture - Video capture via free app - not brilliant - but again - its a phone ;o)

I think its a great phone - although can be a little buggy - but then again - no worse than any of my previous phones.

Before that the best phone I owned was a Nokia N80 - Last of the quality feel phones that Nokia produced - all the newer ones seem a little flimsy to me?

Jailbroken iPhone 3G - anything else is pure rubb.... (lol) - Only joking.

Jailbreak fixes the following;

No option to customise message tone other than preloaded Apple tones - I can put any song I want as a ringtone for free ;o)

No 2 apps can run at the same time - Can run apps in the background

Loudspeaker too quiet - now luch louder

Poor Camera - Camera via app with zoom / brightness etc - I find the piccies quite reasonable for a phone

No video capture - Video capture via free app - not brilliant - but again - its a phone ;o)

I think its a great phone - although can be a little buggy - but then again - no worse than any of my previous phones.

Before that the best phone I owned was a Nokia N80 - Last of the quality feel phones that Nokia produced - all the newer ones seem a little flimsy to me?

Seen some interesting adds about Jailbroken apps. Do you still use on iTunes? I've unlocked some iPhones but never used them after, whats the phone like for software updating after its been jailbroken?

N95 - 9 out of 10 - poor net browsing os the only drawback but i rarely use it! (personal handset)

8800 -8 put of 10 purley for style - has very limited function but can send mms and customise ringtones (work phone)

6300 - 10 out of 10 - very simple easy to use and a lot of functions given its price... looks good too (work phone sitting in draw)

blackberry 8700- 10 out of 10 - does what it says on the box very well - bit old now but work wont change it yet..

Iphone - 6 out of 10 gave it back - poor Battery life, poor camera, no mms, the list goes on.. i couldnt jailbreak as it was a work unit. it only got 6 cause it looked nice and a bit if a gadget..

I got a Nokia N81 8G I did want the N95 but thought it was pointless having all the stuff it has when the N81 is just has good. I amy get the N96 next tho.. Always had a Nokia apart from a sony erricson, good fone but when you have had a Nokia well anything else just won't do.

I just love Nokia's

N95 - 9 out of 10 - poor net browsing os the only drawback but i rarely use it! (personal handset)

8800 -8 put of 10 purley for style - has very limited function but can send mms and customise ringtones (work phone)

6300 - 10 out of 10 - very simple easy to use and a lot of functions given its price... looks good too (work phone sitting in draw)

blackberry 8700- 10 out of 10 - does what it says on the box very well - bit old now but work wont change it yet..

iphone - 6 out of 10 gave it back - poor battery life, poor camera, no mms, the list goes on.. i couldnt jailbreak as it was a work unit. it only got 6 cause it looked nice and a bit if a gadget..

Oddly, the other phone I considered before going for the Iphone was the 8800, purely on looks alone and a sense of individuality. I also really didn't want to leave Orange. Think as the Iphone has great internet support I use it more. Would still like an 8800 though. I've had several Sony Ericsson in the past, K750i, W810i which were great, the W810 still works fine to this day. I swapped from Orange after upgrading to the K850i which was shcoking!

there is a new 8800 arte carbon out...

funnily enough its made from carbon fibre!!

alternativley there is the 8800 arte sapphire with guess what... a genuine sapphire on the centre menu button!!

there is a new 8800 arte carbon out...

funnily enough its made from carbon fibre!!

alternativley there is the 8800 arte sapphire with guess what... a genuine sapphire on the centre menu button!!

Carbon Fibre....hmmm....I was set on the Sirrocco. Proper Gangsters phone! lol. Still mega dosh though. I still have its Grandfather....the Nokia 8850! Sweet looking phone!

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

its a bit old....but great as a phone

Dynamic Adaptive Total Area Coverage

30 minutes talk time

eight hours between charges,

13 x 1.75 x 3.5 inches in dimension,

eight hours standby time,

10 hours to recharge,

LED display

memory to store thirty "dialing locations"

Jailbroken Iphone 1st gen, fantastic phone, love the fact that you can download free games or games pretty cheap - your points about poor Bluetooth, camera, etc are true but on the positive side you can download Swirly MMS, video capture software, better texting software - list goes on once its jailbroken.....

For me its the best phone i've owned so far.

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

its a bit old....but great as a phone

Dynamic Adaptive Total Area Coverage

30 minutes talk time

eight hours between charges,

13 x 1.75 x 3.5 inches in dimension,

eight hours standby time,

10 hours to recharge,

LED display

memory to store thirty "dialing locations"

do i detect somebody having a bit of fun here??

its got to be over 20 years old!!

but the original pimpsters phone!!

Jailbroken iphone 1st gen, fantastic phone, love the fact that you can download free games or games pretty cheap - your points about poor bluetooth, camera, etc are true but on the positive side you can download Swirly MMS, video capture software, better texting software - list goes on once its jailbroken.....

how easy is it to jailbreak the Iphone? ive got a 1st gen too. :whistling:

Jailbroken iphone 1st gen, fantastic phone, love the fact that you can download free games or games pretty cheap - your points about poor bluetooth, camera, etc are true but on the positive side you can download Swirly MMS, video capture software, better texting software - list goes on once its jailbroken.....

how easy is it to jailbreak the Iphone? ive got a 1st gen too. :whistling:

Very easy actually, I paid for the software package at Iphone unlock UK, if you want to go for it PM me & i'll give you my username so you can D/L it.

nokia n81 - love it to bits, its got everything does everything, also upgrade the software to the n96 software and now got bbc iplayer too :D love it, only down side the 2mp camera, but ive got back up on that ....

the nokia n82, 5mp camera its awasome, its nice and simple

and my back up for, u can guess it in one a nokia 3310 :D the old brick fone that you can build a house with.

I have an Orange spv M700 which has the following features:

transfer/connectivity

HSDPA / 3G+

GPRS/EDGE

3G

Quad Band, ideal for roaming to the US

Bluetooth® connectivity

WLAN speeds up to 54Mbps (802.11g)

data cable compatible

synchronise personal information with your PC

infrared

SD/MMC Card slot

messaging

Video Messaging

web email (POP3)

Photo Messaging

email

Text Messaging

Microsoft® Windows Mobile™ 5.0

features

tri band

integrated digital camera with flash

Video Calling*

Microsoft Active Sync

Windows Media™ Player

mini SD card slot

dedicated camera key

128 MB SDRAM

Orange additional services

Orange Care to cover the phone against loss, theft, damage or fault**

Conference Calling

Orange Answer Fax***

Sat Nav from Orange****

browser

Internet via Internet Explorer

Quite a lot but I do use it all!

got a Nokia 6300 which i use mostly, which is robust enough to use when at work and i also have a Nokia N95 8gb which now just sits idle but is a fantastic phone when i do use it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links