Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably The Worst Post I'm Having To Make?

Cant believe i'm typing this, but went over to meet up with Stav tonight,

We came out of the garage to find my car smoking, got the bonnet open and flames were everywhere, Steve at the garage put it out before it got really going!

Gutted is an understatement at the moment and cant believe whats happened but at least i wasnt driving it and nobody was hurt,

Looks like the Battery had earthed out and started to melt and not sure how much damage has gone on at the moment as i need to get it back home and see what needs doing and what damage its done,

Will ring the insurance asap and see what they say? but being as its a 9 year old car i can see it being written off at the moment with what i can see of the damage??

Hopefully i'll get it back home and see what plan of action i'm going to have to take?

Really dont know what to say, heartbroken at the moment with tears rolling down my face :crybaby: :crybaby:

Got to say a big thanks to Stav for bringing me home and helping me yet again, thanks mate your a star :)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear this chris. was just looking at you other post and admiring the sexy engine bay you had. im really gutted for you mate. hope the damage isnt much and everything is sorted mate

Speechless mate absoloutly speechless! Im so sorry and gutted for you and cant believe somethin like that could just happen?!

I presume everything was ok on ur drive there and no weird behaviour/flickering lights etc?

If u need a hand with anythin this weekend mate then drop me a text and i'll come give u a hand with whatever mate

Chin up fella

Rob

OMG mate, so sorry to hear that :crybaby:

So much heart and soul in that car, really glad you weren't in it at the time as you say but still can understand it must be heartbreaking...........Hope it doesn't get written off..........

so so so so sorry to hear that mate.but remember a fire under the bonnet always looks worse than it is,i've seen a few and it always looks bad smoke damage etc.

get some sleep get up tomorrow with a fresh head give the engine bay a good clean and go from their.

i'm sure we'll all pitch in and help you find what you need to get it back to its former glory!!

Cheers guys, still trying to get my head round it? :nugget:

Hopefully have it home tomorrow so i can see whats burnt, But off the top of my head it needs a new Battery, the 2 fuse boxes next to the Battery, the plastic panel under the windscreen, pipework/cables, just hope it hasnt got into the wiring loom to much? the bonnets burnt, and some other bits but not sure untill i see it in the daylight? :(

Really hope i'll be able to bring it back to life, i've put a lot of time and effort into my lex over the time i've had it, as you guys know? and would be a shame to see it all go to waste :whistling:

Trying to look on the bright side at the moment and my brains working overtime, but i'm alive which is the main thing as it could of been worse :)

Sorry to hear about this.

Just as a cautionary measure when you report it to the insurance just make sure that if you have made any "modifications" to the engine that they have been informed by you about them. If you have not told them and they send an assessor to check the damage and he see's any mods then they will deny your claim

So check before he comes :winky:

Hope that you get it sorted.

I feel for you Chris. Glad no-one physically injured. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think and you will be able to sort it.

Oh my God that's awful Chris, really sorry to hear about that. At least you were somewhere you could put the fire out though, imagine if it had happened when you were driving along in the middle of nowhere ?

As others have said hopefully the damage looks worse than it really is. Seems like a real cruel twist of fate for the damage to be right in the place you've done so much hard work, under the bonnet.

:crybaby:

So shocked about this Chris i couldnt believe what i was seeing.

but at least like we said you werent i it and it looks like it may be savable if you want to.

Feel so gutted for you mate

stav

So shocked about this Chris i couldnt believe what i was seeing.

but at least like we said you werent i it and it looks like it may be savable if you want to.

Feel so gutted for you mate

stav

Yeh i know what you mean mate, hopefully have it home in a bit to see what needs doing to it? :unsure:

Thanks again for bringing me back mate and hope you had a good trip back :)

Yeh i know what you mean mate, hopefully have it home in a bit to see what needs doing to it? :unsure:

Thanks again for bringing me back mate and hope you had a good trip back :)

you getting it towed to yours then?

not a problem for bringing you back, we just followed signs for the M6 back rather than try and find our way the way we came.

Let us know if you need anything as it ive a spare one from my engine then its yours.

Stav

Thanks again for bringing me back mate and hope you had had a good trip back :)

you getting it towed to yours then?

not a problem for bringing you back, we just followed signs for the M6 back rather than try and find our way the way we came.

Let us know if you need anything as it ive a spare one from my engine then its yours.

Stav

Thanks mate really appreciate it :D

Hopefully my brother will be picking the works flat bed up in a bit so we can get it on the back and get it down to my dads garage so i can work on it, :)

when its back i'll strip down the burnt area and have a look at the damage, hoping its not as bad as it looked, :shutit:

Then take it from there, hoping its not going to need the loom as i can see that being a very big job :crybaby:

Yours is amazing mate, love the power and the launch control, well thats just amazing and can still hear the bangs in my head now :lol:

Thanks again for your help :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links